lonesomeloser
    lonesomeloser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chelsea v Man Utd

Man Utd yet to lose this season. Chelsea in a form slump.

Who you got?

Analysis appreciated, not picks without reasoning.

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Chelsea have some problems at the moment, not only on the pitch, but the back room does not seem to be doing the team any favours. Despite all of this, if Chelsea are not up for this game I will be amazed! If there is any game to get out of a rut, and prove you are still in the run for the Premiership then this is it. Home to the best or the next best team in England (depending on who you talk to) is a great opportunity for Chelsea.

I went to the United game on Monday night and I wasn't impressed. Rooney was not good, Carrick was appalling, United had too many average players on the pitch which sums up their team at the moment. I shouldn't be too critical because they are unbeaten and somehow managing to grind out results. But Arsenal were crap on Monday. Both teams played a 4-5-1 which is incredibly negative, and I have a feeling United will go to Chelsea and do the same. I hope they don't, I hope they player another striker with Rooney, maybe Berb just infront

From a United fan, I wouldn't bet against Chelsea. I actually would stay clear of the game. It literally has too many outcomes. I would say the in play option is the best if any. Be able to get a better feel for the game when the formations and starting 11 are released. Fergie always does something unexpected.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too hard to call because of the reasons you mentioned! Im hoping for a better game than Arsenal-Man U was thats all Im saying!

lonesomeloser

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Chelsea have some problems at the moment, not only on the pitch, but the back room does not seem to be doing the team any favours. Despite all of this, if Chelsea are not up for this game I will be amazed! If there is any game to get out of a rut, and prove you are still in the run for the Premiership then this is it. Home to the best or the next best team in England (depending on who you talk to) is a great opportunity for Chelsea.

I went to the United game on Monday night and I wasn't impressed. Rooney was not good, Carrick was appalling, United had too many average players on the pitch which sums up their team at the moment. I shouldn't be too critical because they are unbeaten and somehow managing to grind out results. But Arsenal were crap on Monday. Both teams played a 4-5-1 which is incredibly negative, and I have a feeling United will go to Chelsea and do the same. I hope they don't, I hope they player another striker with Rooney, maybe Berb just infront

From a United fan, I wouldn't bet against Chelsea. I actually would stay clear of the game. It literally has too many outcomes. I would say the in play option is the best if any. Be able to get a better feel for the game when the formations and starting 11 are released. Fergie always does something unexpected.
    Succinct summation, but I want you to put your balls on the chopping block and make a pick!

edragonl
    edragonl's Avatar Become A Pro!

i call for draw and under

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Chelsea ML easy money they will win cause bookies know u be too scared to put money on em and 2 wins in 9 games i think they due for a win and what better when a win on their rivals to bring the moral back + Mancs allready broke the club record for most consecutive games without a loss in a game against Arsenal
    Last edited by alon7777777; 12-16-10 at 09:58 AM.

Munjoz
    Munjoz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man utd AH, very nice play and nice odd

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

United are stubborn but Chelsea should do a better job than Arsenal at finishing them off.

danller
    danller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Its no value in Chelsea ML if you think about their recent form..

lonesomeloser

Lampard set to return and start the match for Chelsea

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18014

Chelsea need Lampard to return, but their current form is horrible. Expecting a draw.

lonesomeloser

Sauce:BBC

Chelsea v Man Utd

Barclays Premier League
    Venue: Stamford Bridge Date: Sunday, 19 December Kick-off: 1600 GMT
    Coverage: Watch live on Sky Sports 1 and highlights on Match of the Day 2; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and local radio; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles
    TEAM NEWS

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard is poised to make his first start since August after returning from injury as a substitute at Tottenham last weekend. Didier Drogba is likely to be restored to the side.
    Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is expected to change his starting line-up for the 152nd match in a row.
    Dimitar Berbatov and Ryan Giggs are hoping for recalls, and John O'Shea should overcome a minor calf problem.

Chelsea
    Injured: Alex (knee), Benayoun (Achilles), Borini (shoulder), Bosingwa (hamstring)
    Manchester United
    Doubtful: O'Shea (calf)
    Injured: Hargreaves & Owen (both hamstring), Scholes (groin), Valencia (ankle)

MATCH PREVIEW
    With Manchester United turning the blue tide into a sea of red, it's high time champions Chelsea stop treading water.

Sunday is a massive game. That will go a long way to establishing what happens at the top of the league

Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson

Carlo Ancelotti's double winners have gone from being formidable to fallible in little over a month, their worst run of form for more than a decade exacerbated by United's club record unbeaten start to the season.
    Ancelotti, who has dismissed speculation over his future, believes Chelsea rediscovered their form in last Sunday's draw at Tottenham, but the sea of doubters includes illustrious former Blues Frank Leboeuf and Marcel Desailly. Defeat in this fixture would leave Chelsea six points adrift of Manchester United, who have a game in hand.
    United have already dimmed London's brightest lights once this season, in the Community Shield, with Ryan Giggs stating Chelsea were made to look ordinary. However, the same can be said of United's record at Stamford Bridge: they have failed to win on any of their last nine visits.
    Sir Alex Ferguson's side have also lost five of their seven previous league trips to fellow Big Four clubs, while Chelsea can point to an enviable record of four successive home victories in such fixtures. The hosts desperately need to extend that sequence to stay afloat in the title race.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head
    • Chelsea are the only club in Premier League history to have a positive win/loss record against Manchester United - the London side lead by 12 victories to 10.
    • United are winless in their last nine visits to Stamford Bridge in all competitions (D4, L5) since a 3-0 league victory in April 2002.
    • Carlo Ancelotti has won five of his last six meetings with Sir Alex Ferguson, excluding Community Shield matches.
    606: DEBATE
    Have your say on this match

Chelsea
    • Chelsea's current run of six points from a possible 21 is their worst form since an identical return in March 1998.
    • They have gone five league matches without a win for the first time since drawing their last five fixtures of the 2006/07 season. The club's last six-match winless streak was between August and September 2000.
    • The champions still have the best defensive record in the top flight, conceding 12 goals in 17 matches, but have only kept one clean sheet in the last eight.
    • Nicolas Anelka has scored 34 goals in 99 league appearances for Chelsea.
    • Ashley Cole will be playing on the eve of his 30th birthday.
    Manchester United
    • United have gone 21 league matches without defeat and set a club record of 16 matches unbeaten from the start of the season.
    • They are undefeated in their last 12 away matches in the league, but have only won one of seven Premier League trips this season.
    • The Red Devils have the most potent attack in the top flight, scoring 36 goals in 16 matches.
    • Gary Neville is one shy of 400 Premier League appearances.
    • Patrice Evra will be making his 150th league appearance for United.
    • Nani is poised for his 100th start for the club.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Chelsea
    Anelka: 10 goals (3 league);
    Drogba & Malouda: 8 goals (7 league)
    NB. Drogba has had a goal taken away by the Dubious Goals Committee, who ruled that his strike against Blackpool on 19 September should be credited as an own goal by Ian Evatt.

Manchester United
    Berbatov: 12 goals (11 league);
    Hernandez: 7 goals (4 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
    Referee: Martin Atkinson
    Assistant referees: Peter Kirkup & Mike Mullarkey
    Fourth official: Peter Walton

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
    Chelsea (D1-1 v Tottenham, a): Cech; Ferreira, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel (Drogba 46), Essien, Kalou (Sturridge 68), Anelka, Malouda (Lampard 77). Subs not used: Turnbull, van Aanholt, Bruma, McEachran.
    Manchester United (W1-0 v Arsenal, h): Van der Sar; Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Anderson (Giggs 85), Fletcher, Park, Rooney. Subs not used: Kuszczak, Brown, Berbatov, Smalling, Hernandez, Obertan.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's asking a lot of Frank Lampard to win Chelsea this match considering he's been injured and not had a good game since some point last season. Without him Uniteds midfield is superior.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cant see Man U losing this one.. Chelsea is totally off the hook..

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Lampard looked terrible in the few minutes he played against Tottenham. Dont think he'll rescue them. Given their recent form, Man Utd ML looks to be the play, but Stamford Bridge is a tough place to play and Chelsea have had the upper hand in recent matches. I definitely think Utd will score, it's just a matter of whether Chelsea can respond...

gigicash
    gigicash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Berbatov: 12 goals (11 league); = a joke of a player

Chelsea will SMOKE ManU! by atleast 2 goals

edragonl

their ownly chance is that if lampard will return and draobra is on top of his game. other wise. man u can take it eaisly or draw.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by gigicash View Post
    Berbatov: 12 goals (11 league); = a joke of a player

Chelsea will SMOKE ManU! by atleast 2 goals
    LOL...this "joke of a player" is leading the league in scoring.

And Chelsea hasn't 'smoked' anyone, let along United, in awhile now. Personally, I think this game ends in a draw. United will invoke a defensive 4-5-1 and I think they'll be happy with a point after their result against Arsenal. Chelsea are desperate for points and can't afford to drop too far off the pace now and United still have a game in hand. But, Chelsea are just in such poor form it's hard to fathom they break out of their winless streak against an in-form United side which will be tough to break down. I don't think Lampard alone can reignite Chelsea and they'll be vulnerable at right back with Paolo Ferreira. Should be tight just like most of their past meetings but if there is any a time to go to the Bridge, it would be now.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Nani's the key man in this match. If he can play well United will get a result.

I will not be betting this game and I would advise others to do the same.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Nani's the key man in this match. If he can play well United will get a result.

I will not be betting this game and I would advise others to do the same.
    nani is crucial, they're undefeated in the last 41 league games he's started. ronaldo who?
    Last edited by irlandais_noir; 12-17-10 at 12:39 PM.

muwarrior
    muwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post

I don't see the logic in having another striker up front when United don't need this win.

Chelsea will be chasing this match more so than Arsenal and the extra man in midfield is need to limit their chances.

If I was to bet it would be United or draw but that are much better plays for the weekend.

Ministar
    Ministar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No bet for me, but under 2,5 sounds nice.

edragonl

bervatov is not going to score more than two goals against chealsea

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Berba is a bum.

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

No point of considerate a play here. The match is postponed