Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Dutch 2nd only to England....

...in the quality of their travelling support for European games, even meaningless rubber games. Utrecht fans were superb at Anfield tonight, Ajax fans are always superb wherever they go and even "smaller" teams in the Europa league always take a good number and create a good footballing atmosphere.

Unlike the twats from places like Italy/Russia/Turkey etc who wont take anyone anywhere because their "ultras" wouldnt have the protection from over zealous home riot police.

No other countries fans come anywhere close to the English and Dutch in creating a good atmosphere at away European games.

Discuss

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

I wish passion like that existed in America.

Sadly Ive only been to a few meaningless preseason friendly's and one World Cup game that I was a little too young to comprehend.

Hats off to the traveling fans across Europe. Keep it clean.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bunch of wankers, them Utrecht fans. Continuously abused Babel's family, especially his mum. Pissed me right off especially after our lot gave an ovation to an Utrecht player who went off injured.

Gotta agree with the sentiment though. Met some PSV fans a couple of years ago, home and away. Great lads! Met some nice guys in Barcelona, Milan and Madrid as well (that's Atletico, and both teams from Milan).

The best away support I've seen at Anfield would be Betis. Were absolutely boss and sung their hearts out.

mvp123
    mvp123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5039

i hope you win gl my man

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    I wish passion like that existed in America.

Sadly Ive only been to a few meaningless preseason friendly's and one World Cup game that I was a little too young to comprehend.
    Some MLS supporter groups are great. I am a member of the oldest club in MLS, sadly the team we support has been re-branded the Red Bulls. MLS is run by idiots so you have to put up with some of the stupid crap that goes on.

New York, Portland and Seattle have great fans. Houston and Columbus are up there as well.

I have been to games in six states, you gotta travel a little bit. I followed the Metros to MLS Cup in California but they lost. USA-Mexico World Cup qualifier in Ohio was a lot more fun.

The US national team supporter section is not that great as a whole but there are always sections of guys who know how to bring the fukking ruckus.
    Last edited by dfberger23; 12-16-10 at 03:11 AM.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Bunch of wankers, them Utrecht fans. Continuously abused Babel's family, especially his mum. Pissed me right off especially after our lot gave an ovation to an Utrecht player who went off injured.
    This.

They did create a great atmosphere with their chanting at first, but the abuse was uncalled for.

I was much more impressed with the Liverpool fans for the ovation van Wolfswinkel got.
    I can also remember the standing ovation they gave Marcellis on Anfield after his red card (!) for PSV a few years ago. It was his first match for PSV and he really played his heart out that night. The Liverpool fans obviously respected that
    Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Met some PSV fans a couple of years ago, home and away. Great lads!