warcrise
    warcrise's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stanford women's soccer moves into title game

Cammy Levin doesn't worry about what position she plays for top-ranked Stanford.
    Forward, midfielder, defender? She's played them all. "Wherever we need her," coach Paul Ratcliffe said.
    The Cardinal needed the speedy 5-foot-3 junior in the center of the midfield Friday to break down Boston College's high-pressure defense.
    She did more than that. Levin scored a sizzler in the 48th minute as Stanford defeated the Eagles 2-0 in the national semifinals on a cold night in the South in front of 8,323 at WakeMed Soccer Park.
    Stanford (23-0-2) reached its second consecutive College Cup final, where it will face Notre Dame on Sunday. The Irish defeated Ohio State 1-0 on Mandy Laddish's unassisted goal in the 83rd minute of the other semifinal.
    In Stanford's most difficult test in five NCAA tournament matches, Levin rescued the Cardinal when Boston College spent most of its energy working to neutralize Christen Press, the country's leading scorer.
    Press didn't score. But she didn't get frustrated, turning into a playmaker that led to Levin's goal that proved enough to help Stanford win its 22nd game in a row. The decisive play came three minutes into the second half when Press passed to Levin from the left side.
    "The defense was sitting so far back, and she was just wide open in the middle," Press said.
    Levin, who grew up in Orange County playing on the same club as Press, gathered the ball just outside the

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Would be a great daily double for the Stanford Women to beat Notre Dame in the final Sunday, then end the Lady Huskies win streak in basketball on Dec 30 when they face them at Maples Pavillon.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Only if I could get my girl to play soccer, I'd tell her to score on her own teams net after I bet on them. easy fix.

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

Do the girls that play soccer take their shirts off when celebrating a goal?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Would be a great daily double for the Stanford Women to beat Notre Dame in the final Sunday, then end the Lady Huskies win streak in basketball on Dec 30 when they face them at Maples Pavillon.
    Well they pulled off the 2nd half of the daily double at least