Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

by the way alcohol is illegal in qatar

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Qatar is a downright ******* bizarre decision - the climates and strict rules of their country mean the number of non-islamic visitors is going to be ******* TINY, this bid has been bought off and attendances and the quality of the games is going to be ******* appaling.

Russia is fair enough in that its a great chance for them in terms of improving their facilities and shit - shame their society is still stuck in 1950 and racist as ****, not one single African player is going to want to be there.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by hedgejob View Post
    World population = 6,775,235,741 Europe population = 830,364,178 Asia population = 3,879,000,000
    Whats total populations got to do with market size?

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Russia is fair enough in that its a great chance for them in terms of improving their facilities and shit - shame their society is still stuck in 1950 and racist as ****, not one single African player is going to want to be there.
    they're not racist, they're just retarded.
    Believe me I know.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

^^^

I know of about 3 black footballers who have ever played in Russia and all 3 of them left and spoke about the racism there.

TBF being racist generally means you are also retarded anyways lol

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11867

Really struggling to find any reason for these two choices

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Qatar is just stupid. Horrible summer climate. 110-120 degrees, sounds great for soccer. Unless they're going to building several indoor stadiums over the next 12 years, FIFA is definitely on the take.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Qatar is just stupid. Horrible summer climate. 110-120 degrees, sounds great for soccer. Unless they're going to building several indoor stadiums over the next 12 years, FIFA is definitely on the take.
    these are the reasons they chose them:

-boat load of cash, stadiums will even have cooling systems in place they say
    -2 billion people within 2 hours airplane distance from the country
    -etc...

They got a lot to promise though.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    I have to admit, Qatar's bid presentation looked *AMAZING* and they are a very wealthy country if not as flamboyant as Dubai. Stability is not a question because if they're so unstable why is the USAF headquartered there?

The real question is how they expect ppl to deal withi 100F+ temps. Maybe the field will be air conditioned or something.

its not just the fans, do you know how exhausted players are gonna be training and playing in those temps? espesially since they are not used to them, they will be tired and slugish and the quality of the games will go to hell

also, ofcoarse its an unstable region, if there was stability there would be no need for the air force to be there

its the middle east for crying out loud, off coarse its unstable, the fears for terrorist attacks will cast a shadow over the world cup

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post

so i guess the english wont be going huh?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

freaking q with no u after it bastids...

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Qatar is a downright ******* bizarre decision - the climates and strict rules of their country mean the number of non-islamic visitors is going to be ******* TINY, this bid has been bought off and attendances and the quality of the games is going to be ******* appaling.

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post

they're not racist, they're just retarded.
    Believe me I know.
    ^^^

I know of about 3 black footballers who have ever played in Russia and all 3 of them left and spoke about the racism there.

TBF being racist generally means you are also retarded anyways lol
    About Russia and racism! Yes there are racist BUT not all the people! I'm myself a foreigner in Russia and I know what I'm talking about!

About those black players u may know Squirrel maybe ur right at some points! A country that was closed so long time they're not used still to see a lot of foreigners around.

But it doesn't mean the African players will feel it! They will come to play!

I can tell u I know some players from Latin America in Russia and they cannot complain! And neither can African players in Moscow they receive very good money and live in nice conditions here.

About their society stucked in 1950? What do u mean? They live like pretty much other countries!

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Surely it says something that black players who have played in that league AND players who've travelled there for European competitions have often complained of racial abuse? It does happen in other places, obviously, but in Russia its a major problem, ESPECIALLY around the football culture which is all that matters here.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

FIFA has done a great job absolving itself of allegations of corruption today

I saw a bunch of interviews with African players in Russia who said they opposed the bid because of the racism they've experienced.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

I really wanted the hosts to be England and U.S. for selfish reasons.

I really don't have a huge issue with Russia hosting 2018 though. Their national team is on the rise and I actually think they should do a decent job of hosting it. Everyone moaning about corruption and FIFA, well we all knew and all the bidding countries knew about the blatant corruption beforehand. Russia was willing to play by FIFA's rules and England was not.

Qatar is disappointment for a multitude of reasons. Quite a risky choice imo. Promised money isn't real money, especially 12 years from now. (eg, Dubai and their recent economic downturn)

Also, the atmopshere and fan experience would be the worst ever. What is a World Cup without the alcohol and women!

Lastly, the Qatar national team sucks. Some of the worst host country national teams of the top of my head are South Africa for last WC and Austria for last Euro Championship & they are so much better than Qatar. A waste of a spot for a country that deserves to be one of the 32.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

If it was about the "technicalities" of the actual bid and the structure in place in each country then England or Spain would have won the 2018 bid hands down, however it's absolutely NO surprise whatsoever that the 2 richest countries each won.

Fifa are bent as **** and Sepp Blatter needs ******* with a spiky dildo.

aunty jack
    aunty jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

australia got one vote - and our bid cost 46-million-dollars.

now, i've made some half-arsed investments in my time... but that takes the cake!

classic.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by aunty jack View Post

now, i've made some half-arsed investments in my time... but that takes the cake!

classic.
    I don't understand why Japan and South Korea wasted their time and money in bidding for 2022. Greedy bastards already co-hosted in 2002 ffs. Why even bother to bid really?

Going by today announcements of taking the WC to new places, I have to think that China will be a slam dunk to host when its Asia's turn to host in 2026/2030.

BallU13
    BallU13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post

Going by today announcements of taking the WC to new places, I have to think that China will be a slam dunk to host when its Asia's turn to host in 2026/2030.
    Or when Asia hosts in 2022?

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by BallU13 View Post
    Or when Asia hosts in 2022?
    My bad. I sometimes don't count the middle east as part of Asia.

baryon
    baryon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Qatar - interesting, should be able to walk on foot to all of the stadiums

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by aunty jack View Post

classic.
    Because we had all of the Asian reps voting for different bids and that Sheik fker from Qatar who is supposed to be the president of Asian Soccer actively working against our bid. Convincing that Oceanian rep to appeal so Australia would not be able to rely on the Oceania vote.

Fk you Qatar. Worst world cup ever.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    I really wanted the hosts to be England and U.S. for selfish reasons.

I really don't have a huge issue with Russia hosting 2018 though. Their national team is on the rise and I actually think they should do a decent job of hosting it. Everyone moaning about corruption and FIFA, well we all knew and all the bidding countries knew about the blatant corruption beforehand. Russia was willing to play by FIFA's rules and England was not.

Qatar is disappointment for a multitude of reasons. Quite a risky choice imo. Promised money isn't real money, especially 12 years from now. (eg, Dubai and their recent economic downturn)

Also, the atmopshere and fan experience would be the worst ever. What is a World Cup without the alcohol and women!

Lastly, the Qatar national team sucks. Some of the worst host country national teams of the top of my head are South Africa for last WC and Austria for last Euro Championship & they are so much better than Qatar. A waste of a spot for a country that deserves to be one of the 32.
    I wrote about that also in one thread!

People goes to WC cause they want a 1 month party + soccer!

Qatar obviously will be only soccer IMO!

I'm of course not against religions but we all know that they have a very strict religion and that may cause problems.

Russia in that side is better I bet here will be fun all the time

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Who cares.

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Qatar is the size of a city ..

you can air condition the stadium but you can't air condition the entire country. How can you win in a landslide considering the high risk report?

Maybe Qatar should bid for the winter Olympics next and build a giant bubble over the city.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

Yeah, but Russia hosts the World Cup before Qatar and alcohol is anything but illegal there. You can probably find a makeshift distillery every other basement in the land of Putin. So those World Cup and alcohol fans who survive the Russia trip will probably have no intention of drinking in Qatar also.
    Another contrast between the two countries is the kind of girls we'll see attending the matches:

We'll have this:

and this:

against this:

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Russia is ok but Qatar? come on

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    Russia is ok but Qatar? come on
    I think that's the phrase of the day! basically everybody is fine with Russia but not with Qatar.

More than 10 years to go till Qatar and seems that may be and Epic Fail!

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Russian mafia secured 2018. More corruption, maybe, helped Qatar win the 2022.

First 12