EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weather FYI: Heavy Rain in Croatia

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...t_Preview.html

Athens won the first meeting between the sides 3-1.

POKLEPOVIC EXPECTS TOUGH CONDITIONS

Hajduk Split coach Stanko Poklepovic expects the weather to play a big part in Wednesday's Europa League clash with AEK Athens.

Group F leaders Zenit St Petersburg, who boast a 100% record, have already qualified for the next round, but for the other three teams, separated by just one point, there is still everything to play for.

Hajduk lost 3-1 in Athens back in September, but with heavy rain again forecast in a country which has been hit by flooding in recent weeks, Poklepovic knows Wednesday's game is wide open.

"It will be difficult to play at the top level - the pitch and weather conditions won't really suit either us or them," he was quoted as saying on www.hajduk.hr.

"I think hunger for victory, passion and desire will be decisive, rather than good football.

"Our build-up has been calm, there's no euphoria, but don't doubt that the crowd will be our 12th player."

He believes Wednesday's game will come down to the players holding their nerve.
    He said: "We have some individuals who can make a difference and can be decisive, but I think it will be more a case of whoever makes fewer mistakes.

"There will be some changes in our team, but but I'm not saying who. I am optimistic because Zenit and Anderlecht are perceived as better teams than AEK."
    AEK go into the match on the back of a morale-boosting win over table-topping Olympiacos in The Greek Super League, Ismael Blanco scoring the only goal in the last minute of the game.

The Athens side have suffered from inconsistency this season but the weekend's result gave real hope that Manolo Jiminez, who took over as coach in October, is starting to get the best out of his players.

A loss for either side would end their hopes of progression should Anderlecht spring a surprise against Zenit.

"I'm sure our players will do their best, we are interested only in victory, and we strive for it," added Poklepovic.

"AEK have to be respected, they've changed the coach, just like me, and are playing a different system.

"They will do everything possible to defeat us."

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Thanks for the info

baryon
    baryon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know how well is Poklepović informed about the team and changes within it because he's been sacked a month ago. Think you might expect a tough match with little of play, hopefully Hajduk will win, but their form isn't as good as it was on the beginning of the season.