ZXCVBNM123
    ZXCVBNM123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet the house on Portugal vs Switzerland on Sunday!!

I got +131 on -1/2 for Portugal on 5dimes, I cannot tell you how much of a bargain this is.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

they have already clinched the first seed
    what do they have to play for

ZXCVBNM123
    ZXCVBNM123's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is not the case IMO, the Swiss team is even weaker than CZE/TUR, they could beat them with their eyes closed anyway.

jmac
    jmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

its more of a question if they want it. This way its a fast way to the poorhouse if your betting on teams that are already qualified..

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portugal has qualified for the quarter finals. Expect the Portuguese coach to rest his key players for ahead of the quarter final game. Portugal only needs a draw to top the group. I think that the hosts won't so disgraced as to lose 3 games in a row. Since Portugal only needs a point to top the group and will likely rest key players, a draw is more likely.
    I'm predicting a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portugal has already won the group. They beat both teams that could still get even on points, and that's the tiebreaker.

The chance that Portugal will be resting star players is huge. They play for nothing here. These days differences at the international level are too small for superior teams to come in and win 'with their eyes close', as suggested above.

I would stay far away from this one.

Hollywood
    Hollywood's Avatar Become A Pro!

If anything I would take the Swiss +0.5 in this one. Portugal has absolutely nothing to play for since they already clinched the top spot in the group (which is actually probably a bad thing because they'll play Germany in the quarters). Switzerland won't go out lying down, especially playing at home. IMO the Swiss have a better team than both the Czech and Turkey. They outplayed both of them, but just couldn't finish. If those games get played 100 times the Swiss would win more often than not. They really should be playing Portugal for the top spot instead of just playing a game for pride.

The Swiss have just as good of a chance at winning as Portugal.

Rage1hp
    Rage1hp's Avatar Become A Pro!

The swiss are not good. At least not equal in quality to portugal. If they weren't hosts I doubt they would be here. Anyway, Portugal is sure to avoid the trouble of having a cristiano ronaldo with a lesion, and a tired Pepe. All the key players should be resting on game 3. But then it comes another point. The other team is also very good. Nani, Quaresma, etc will also give a good fight against swiss. Expecially because they want to show of some work and maybe be called in to play in the future.

My advise is, don't take swiss, because I don't really see them winning.

Hollywood
    Hollywood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rage1hp View Post
    The swiss are not good. At least not equal in quality to portugal. If they weren't hosts I doubt they would be here. Anyway, Portugal is sure to avoid the trouble of having a cristiano ronaldo with a lesion, and a tired Pepe. All the key players should be resting on game 3. But then it comes another point. The other team is also very good. Nani, Quaresma, etc will also give a good fight against swiss. Expecially because they want to show of some work and maybe be called in to play in the future.

My advise is, don't take swiss, because I don't really see them winning.
    The Swiss would be here regardless if they were the hosts or not. Austria wouldn't of made it, but the Swiss are still a good team. Remember, this team not only made WC 2006, but they advanced out of the group stage and only lost on PK's in the round of 16. They were also the only team EVER to be eliminated in the World Cup without allowing a single goal.

They outplayed the Czech and they outplayed Turkey. In reality they should be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. That's there fault, but don't think for a second that they aren't a good team. Yes, Portugal is better, but the Swiss have much more to play for.

I can't see Portugal winning this game. Most soccer betters will see Portugal getting + money on the ML and hammer them because 1) they're a big name team with the best player in the world and 2) they're 2-0 playing against a team that is 0-2. There's a reason you have to lay 50 cents juice to play Swiss +0.5. It's because the most likely scenario is at least a tie.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I went massive on this game and took portugal 'pick'. I can't see them losing.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

but they wont play their normal dudes will they? the gam doesnt mean anything to them

blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20649

you wont see cristiano

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I agree