SirDreamer
    SirDreamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bolton v Liverpool

Any one think Pool can beat Bolton this weekend?

last 10 meetings

Sun 31/01/10 PRL Liverpool 2 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Sun 30/08/09 PRL Bolton Wanderers 2 - 3 Liverpool

Sat 27/12/08 PRL Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Sat 15/11/08 PRL Bolton Wanderers 0 - 2 Liverpool

Mon 03/03/08 PRL Bolton Wanderers 1 - 3 Liverpool

Mon 03/12/07 PRL Liverpool 4 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Mon 01/01/07 PRL Liverpool 3 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Sat 30/09/06 PRL Bolton Wanderers 2 - 0 Liverpool

Sun 09/04/06 PRL Liverpool 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers

Mon 02/01/06 PRL Bolton Wanderers 2 - 2 Liverpool

I know Pool isn't going through a good period but i think the win against Rovers could be the turning point for the season.

any thoughts?

hillandkimi
    hillandkimi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 873

Bolton win

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

You might be right about the turning point (surely it has to come), but don't think I'd be risking much on them just yet personally.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17306

Liverpool away at Bolton will find it very tough. They are still struggling and their play suggests they are some way from form of previous encounters.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Its a funny old game - 5 years ago who'd have thought we'd be sat here discussing whether a once great club like Liverpool could beat a tinpot team like Bolton???

zlate22
    Update your status
    zlate22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i think bolton will win

syamster
    syamster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

liverpool is struggled a lot in the EPL, they cant reach the top, so they try to get this one, not an easy game for liverpool, if torres playing i will go with draw or Bolton, otherwise liverpool or draw

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Its a funny old game - 5 years ago who'd have thought we'd be sat here discussing whether a once great club like Liverpool could beat a tinpot team like Bolton???
    That's what a couple of Yank cowboys can do to you.

Draw for me.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    That's what a couple of Yank cowboys can do to you. Draw for me.
    A couple of yank cowboys AND a fat spanish man with a VERY questionable record in the transfer market anyways.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Pool were alright vs Blackburn on Sunday, but they need Joe Cole to keep playing well. Let Gerrard run midfield and play off Torres so hes not alone. Torres has scored in their only two victories so they need him to keep at it.

Bolton haven't lost at home while Liverpool are searching for their first away win.
    I would of thought that Pool ML would be 150+ish, but @ +120 and falling I can't take it.

SoV
    "Why always me"

A couple of yank cowboys AND a fat spanish man with a VERY questionable record in the transfer market anyways.
    Let's not go there. Massive fan of Rafa and the guy wasn't given the freedom to do what he accomplished at Valencia.

Anyways, Rafa > Roy.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Let's not go there. Massive fan of Rafa and the guy wasn't given the freedom to do what he accomplished at Valencia. Anyways, Rafa > Roy.
    Agree I like Rafa too, but the team he moulded at Valencia were pretty much already in place when he took over. As for Rafa >> Roy I agree with that, Hodgson excels in a non-pressure environment but none of the teams he's managed have been "expected" to win as much as Liverpool are.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Agree I like Rafa too, but the team he moulded at Valencia were pretty much already in place when he took over. As for Rafa >> Roy I agree with that, Hodgson excels in a non-pressure environment but none of the teams he's managed have been "expected" to win as much as Liverpool are.
    The crap buys you mention were because of money restraints.

Rafa wanted Simao, he got Gonzalez.
    Wanted Shawcross last season for 6m, got Kyrgiakos (who actually is pretty good).

We've missed out on Pato, Berbatov (before his move to Spurs), Vidic, Simao and other players over the years because of lack of money. These guys were scouted but lack of money meant Rafa had to go for cheaper options.

Robbie Keane though was a massive failure. But who could have predicted that?

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not touching this one but will watch it. This game has the potential for a few goals! Bolton only lost once this season and are a god side at home. They win the physical battle in this match, but is Torres getting back to form?

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

I think liverpool -0.25 is the bet, i see them drawing at worst but i think they start their season here

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    Not touching this one but will watch it. This game has the potential for a few goals! Bolton only lost once this season and are a god side at home. They win the physical battle in this match, but is Torres getting back to form?
    If we start with Lucas and Meireles in midfield and Stevie supporting Torres, we might see a Liverpool win.

But I can see Roy playing Poulsen.

polskboy
    polskboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

liverpool should win this game.

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

pool played one of their best game this season against blackburn. I need to see that form away from home first before i'm convinced tho.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not convinced Liverpool has turned it around. Bolton +0.5 for me.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The real question is can Bolton beat Liverpool? I sure as hell am not betting on Liverpool, complete waste of money, use that cash for one of the hundred other games this weekend.

This team tied United 2-2 at home, they can pull out some goals to beat Liverpool. Pool has a long way to go before they can "start" their season.