beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Rooney Signs 5 yr Deal with Man U

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Was this whole saga a tactic to get paid? Or did he seriously contemplate leaving? What are your thoughts?

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

he realized he would be benched until his potential january transfer so he said **** it i need money for my prostitutes

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I would have to think it was more about club ambition. To work out a contract, and a 5 year one, in the matter of 24hrs would be difficult to do. For all the things that go into a contract, you would think that something was already on the table. He just wanted reassurances from the club about their future. He's got every right to question them (probably didn't do it in the best of ways) and maybe it was going to take someone like Rooney to get the attention of the Glazers. If he were to go, who would be the face of United? what shirts would sell? If you look at what they've bought since taking over, you could argue that only Hargreaves and Berbatov are the only two of significance. 2 years ago we arguably had the best front line of Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney....the others have since gone and Rooney obviously feels the weight of the team on his back and it shows. So we'll see now whether Gill and Fergie do anything in the January transfer window or continue to mutter, 'there's no value in the transfer market'. I would think after this saga, something will get done. And if it were all about money, he could have easily walked away to Spain (with less taxes) or accepted any offer from Citeh which would have been considerably more than what United are probably giving him now. In any case, it was probably a good diversion from his personal problems.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's a greedy bastard. And it's hilarious how Man Utd fans are back-tracking on what they said about him.

RedDevil11

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    He's a greedy bastard. And it's hilarious how Man Utd fans are back-tracking on what they said about him.
    I still think he's a right twat but can understand him questioning the club's direction.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's now got what he was looking for. Prostitutes will definitely get their own fair share

H-BOMB
    H-BOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clearly his agent was behind this. Pretty much held United hostage so he could get paid more money. I am a United fan who is happy to hold on to one of the best players on the team, but the question is how will this play out amongst his team who he originally said were not good enough to win. First thing he must do is apologize to every player for insulting them and than make a statement to the fans saying how sorry he is for threatning to leave.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Didn't the fans go to his house and say we're going to kill you?

RedDevil11

The only extra financial incentive in his contract is to help Rooney pay that 'Ugly Tax' those hungry hookers charge him

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm glad this guy is staying there at Man U! When I heard he may come to real I was laughing! This guys don't deserve to be in a team like this! He has bad character he's cocky! I know I know people think Ronaldo is cocky but I think Rolando can show more than this guy! Personally I'm not a fan of this guy I've always said this guys is overrated!

I know that a lot of people may think that I'm wrong, it's just my opinion!

H-BOMB
    H-BOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    didn't the fans go to his house and say we're going to kill you?
    Name:  500x_180944802.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  70.5 KB

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by H-BOMB View Post
    Clearly his agent was behind this. Pretty much held United hostage so he could get paid more money.
    100% Agree

I doubt he ever gave a seconds thought to leaving.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Looks like Fergie is going soft in his old age...

Rooney obviously just wanted more money, and the fact no other clubs made serious offers as he has been crap since the World Cup is probably the reason he signed the contract

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    Rooney obviously just wanted more money, and the fact no other clubs made serious offers as he has been crap since the World Cup is probably the reason he signed the contract

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

What are the fans who called him a disloyal, underperforming, overrated Scouse oyster over the past couple of days now say about him? Heard a few called him the best striker in the world today..

Typical United fans.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Didn't the fans go to his house and say we're going to kill you?
    Despicable behaviour. People who do that shit deserves to get locked up in a cage while the public can spit at them. Then they get slowly chipped into pieces, starting with their balls. Shouldn't be much of a loss, as they most likely lack them anyway.

d1m@
    d1m@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by H-BOMB View Post
    Name:  500x_180944802.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  70.5 KB

funny

d1m@
    d1m@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post

What are the fans who called him a disloyal, underperforming, overrated Scouse oyster over the past couple of days now say about him? Heard a few called him the best striker in the world today..

Typical United fans.
    LOL they deserve each other

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17942

Dirty negotiating tactic, if that's what it was, I hope it comes back to haunt him.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

We don't know exactly what happened, but Rooney was not leaving United that was for sure.

TT22
    TT22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17942

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    We don't know exactly what happened, but Rooney was not leaving United that was for sure.
    Yeah, certainly looks like that.