sanman
    sanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Klinsmann Had Talks with U.S. Soccer

The former Germany coach Jürgen Klinsmann agreed to a financial package to replace Bob Bradley as the United States national team coach before talks broke down over control issues. In an interview published on Sports Illustrated’s Web site, Klinsmann said he negotiated with Sunil Gulati, the United States Soccer Federation president, for several weeks but they could not agree on a written contract. Bradley agreed to a four-year contract last month, and at the time Gulati refused to say if he had discussed the position with other candidates.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Klinsmann would be an interesting choice for the U S but I cannot see the appointment coming off. He would want more control over the team than the U S football association would be prepared to allow.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by althelegend View Post
    Klinsmann would be an interesting choice for the U S but I cannot see the appointment coming off. He would want more control over the team than the U S football association would be prepared to allow.
    I also think same.

AsRequested
    AsRequested's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

in germany the media confirmed that he wont become the manager of the us soccer-team, mainly because of the said control he wanted.