Restrepo
    Restrepo's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Restrepo's A-League 2010/11 Betting Thread

Hi All,

I was doing this on a different forum but decide to do it here instead. Here were the plays I had last week, and the review.

Week 2

Wellington Phoenix v Gold Coast United

1 Unit Wellington Phoenix (Draw-no bet) @ $1.62

The Phoenix are unbeaten at home in almost 2 years, with their last home game being a pre season win over Boca Juniors. This is the first game for the Phoenix after having the bye in Week 1.

GCU on the other hand played very poorly in week 1 taking over 45 minutes to get a shot on goal. However, with Shame Smeltz and Joel Porter up front they have the quality to make other teams pay when they get there chances.

Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Heart

1 Unit Melbourne Heart (Draw-no bet) @ $2.25

The new franchise in the Melbourne Heart were slow in transition last week against the Mariners and something coach John van 't Schip would have worked on all week. Look for Rutger Worm to have a much bigger impact this week.

Newcastle were disappointing last week and have much of there hopes this season riding on the shoulders of Michael Bridges. They lack real quality as a team and appear to be a bottom 3 side this year.

Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United

2 Units Central Coast Mariners (Win) @$2.20

The Mariners were very good defensively last week after getting an early goal. Patricio Perez looks likely to miss with week 2 still recovering from a tight hamstring.

Adelaide United on the other hand were boo'd of their ground last week by their own fans. With a host of first team players missing (Nigel BOOGAARD, Robert CORNTHWAITE, Travis DODD, Lloyd OWUSU and Fabin BARBIERO). The Mariners should get home in the their first home game of the season.

-----

Week 2 Review

1 Unit Wellington Phoenix (Draw-no bet) @ $1.62

3-3 draw 1 Unit Returned

1 Unit Melbourne Heart (Draw-no bet) @ $2.25

1-1 draw 1 Unit Returned

2 Units Central Coast Mariners (Win) @$2.20

1-1 draw -2 Units

2010/11 Total: -2 Units

I will have Week 3's plays up in the next 15 - 30 minutes.

Restrepo

Week 3

Adelaide United v Melbourne Heart

1 Unit Adelaide United (Win) @ $2.20

Despite Adelaide having started the season with 2 draws they have tried to play attacking football under their new coach. They have lost Adam Hughes (suspended) for this game but should have the fire power and the pace out wide to penetrate through Hearts defense.

Melbourne Heart have lost play maker Josip Skoko for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury and still have not score a goal this season. They were out played by Newcastle last week and an unfortunate own goal got them the draw.

Perth Glory v Newcastle Jets

2 Units Perth Glory (Win) @$1.80

1 Unit Over 2.5 Goals @$2.10

Glory had a great game against Melbourne Victory last week, winning 0-3 away and will simply have too much class with the likes of Robbie Fowler, Jacob Burns and Mile Sterjovski. Newcastle have possibly the worst squad in the A League and will struggle with a trip away to Perth.

Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners

1 Unit Over 2.5 Goals @$2.20

The Mariners were diabolical in the first half of there game last week, while the Phoenix let a 3-1 lead drop against GCU. Paul Ifil, Chris Greenacre and Dylan Macallister have form what looks to be a very lethal partnership up front for the Phoenix and I am also expecting them to get the win.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

I hate ur avatar.

Restrepo

Big blow for Adelaide with Van Dyke hurting himself in the warm up

Restrepo

Quote Originally Posted by Restrepo View Post
    Week 3

1 Unit Adelaide United (Win) @ $2.20 +1.2 units

Despite Adelaide having started the season with 2 draws they have tried to play attacking football under their new coach. They have lost Adam Hughes (suspended) for this game but should have the fire power and the pace out wide to penetrate through Hearts defense.

Melbourne Heart have lost play maker Josip Skoko for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury and still have not score a goal this season. They were out played by Newcastle last week and an unfortunate own goal got them the draw.

Glory had a great game against Melbourne Victory last week, winning 0-3 away and will simply have too much class with the likes of Robbie Fowler, Jacob Burns and Mile Sterjovski. Newcastle have possibly the worst squad in the A League and will struggle with a trip away to Perth.

The Mariners were diabolical in the first half of there game last week, while the Phoenix let a 3-1 lead drop against GCU. Paul Ifil, Chris Greenacre and Dylan Macallister have form what looks to be a very lethal partnership up front for the Phoenix and I am also expecting them to get the win.
    ship it

Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck.

Restrepo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Chips View Post
    Good luck.
    BOL to you good sir

LATE MAIL

I have just read that Sydney will be without their first choice strikers tonight and have added the following bet.

Brisbane Roar v Sydney FC

2 Units Brisbane Roar - Draw no bet @$2.10

Restrepo

Week 3

LATE MAIL

I have just read that Sydney will be without their first choice strikers tonight and have added the following bet.

I'm not feeling the best about my over bet in the Wellington - CCM. Reports I'm getting are that CCM plan on playing a 1-5-4 against the nix and are looking for a point. Follow with care.

Currently up 4 units going into tomorrows game

Restrepo

Week 3

LATE MAIL

Overall Results after 2 weeks of betting +2.2 units

Week 4's plays will be up Thursday night AEST

Restrepo

Sorry for the late post, been busy with work

Week 4

No picks this week, I really don't like any of the 4 remaining games. If something pops up or i get some late mail i'll post it.

phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    I hate ur avatar.

now it is ok

Restrepo

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    now it is ok

phenomenon

why don t u share ur NFL picks here too mate ?

and also who is she in ur avatar ?