sanman
    sanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer stars pour in for U.S.-Brazil exhibiton

Less than one month after the World Cup, players from all corners of the globe have gathered for a high-profile exhibition game between the United States and Brazil.
    A dozen Americans returned home from Europe for tonight's match at the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Jozy Altidore was training less than two hours after arriving from Spain, where he played Sunday.
    Tim Howard

Brazil's Daniel Alves flew Sunday to New York from Beijing, where he was with Barcelona on a preseason tour.
    More than 65,000 tickets have been sold for the match in the new $1.6 billion home of the NFL's Giants and Jets.
    Goalkeeper Tim Howard, who has a home in Germantown, said he looks forward to the U.S. rebuilding.
    "There are a lot of question marks, as always, after any World Cup," he said. "This is the year you now start to build a foundation because, never mind the next World Cup, we've got qualifying in about a year. So we've got to start building real quickly."
    Also, U.S. coach Bob Bradley said he will resume conversations with the U.S. Soccer Federation about his future after tonight's match.

cornerkick
    cornerkick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be a good one, the US did well at the World Cup and Brazil has a new coach.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Smells like a draw, Brazil sucks and USA too.

crisp
    crisp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

usa play great at home.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Value is on USA +0.25 at 2.28.

Brazil are playing a young inexperienced team. No Lucio, Maicon or Cesar in defense and Alves is jet lagged. Forward line is made up of Santos players who have been in poor form at club level.

ijrod21i
    ijrod21i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awesome, I can't wait for this game. I think that USA has great value here as the underdog, they will be trying hard while Brazil is playing their first game with the new coach.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I knew Brazil would take this game serious, after the way they were received at home coming back from South Africa. But I had no idea that they would be this good. New young talent, new coach, and absolutely no chance for the US. This Brazilian team would have won the World Cup. I know it was 'just' a friendly. but this level of soccer was not seen in South Africa. Great game by Brazil. With this team they will win the 2014 WC.