Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

August Soccer Picks

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 0-3-1 -3.57 units (0.00%)

Tough start so far

Braga +0.5 (+108) to bet 1 unit

I have a funny feeling here. Celtic had a great opportunity to get something out of a team while on the road who was full of injuries and got nothing but a 3-0 loss. These scottish teams haven't done well in Europe for a while now and I think Celtic might outright just lose this game.

Unirea +1.5 (+101) to bet 1 unit

I could see Zenit underperforming in this game. As could as theyve been in the Russian league, I think the lines might be a bit more inflated then they should be. Hopefully they win 1-0.

charley1
    charley1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

that loock a good choise!!, good luck!!

carbonero77
    carbonero77's Avatar Become A Pro!

unirea wich league??

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

do you think braga will take them?, I think braga is going to come out to control the game and play on a more defensive mode. I think this game will end up with a tie 1-1, although I am not placing a bet on this game.
    GL tomorrow.

spirta
    spirta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Braga is a good bet, but for Unirea not so sure. Good Luck.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I am on the other side in both bets.

Braga is not a better team inspite of the 3-0 in the first leg....and they can easily go with a 1-2 goal loss...if they'd only won the first 1-0, I'd skip this.
    I am sure that Braga will qualify, but Celtic will take this IMHO...

About Zenit....Unirea has inportant missings (their playmaker for example), and Zenit is a very strong team at home...

Larsson_76
    Larsson_76's Avatar Become A Pro!

TY

TY - Great Picks

Alexgurv

I think braga has a good chance of taking them. The Scottish Premier League has to be one of the most overrated leagues in the world right now. None of these teams are very good. I think Braga had 5 starters missing from there team last week including the starting goalkeeper and they lost 3-0? Whats that say about the team. Either way a draw is fine with me

I agree about Zenit being a strong team at home, but they are actually a better team on the road this year. I would love for them to win considering I'm from there but I have a bad feeling they are going to sorely underachieve in Europe.

cornerkick
    cornerkick's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with Unirea too, great value for a small wager. All in all, it should be a pretty balanced game.

Alexgurv

Russian Soccer 2010 17-14-1 +1.45 units (54.83%)

Terek Grozny +0.5 (-119) to win 1 unit

I know Terek has been pretty much crushed on the road this season, particulary the last 5 games , theyve lost them all. But I just have a feeling that they hang with Rostov

Alexgurv

Well boys, its time. It really starts today..

French Soccer 2009-2010 25-28-6 -3.32 units (47.16%)

Didn't have a great year in French soccer last year but I think I'll be a bit better this year...

Caen +1.5 (-114) to win 1 unit

Can't say I know much about Caen, but I fully expect OM to struggle a bit like they did last year in the beginning of the season. Also there defense is not an impressive one, they averaged giving up a goal last year so hopefully Caen can put one in the net.

Russian Soccer 2010 17-15-1 +0.26 units (53.12%)

Amkar +0.5 (-119) to win 1 unit

Going the same route as yesterday but lets hope I win this time around. Amkar hasn't done well on the road but Anji hasn't played that well of late either. The teams are pretty equal in the standings I expect it to be a pretty close game. Lets hope for no late winners for Anji like Rostov did to me yesterday

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2009-2010 46-36-3 +5.17 units (56.09%)

Man United pick -105 to win 1 unit

It's hard for me to say something that hasn't been said. Chelsea has not played well in the preseason. Cech does not look good. The defense does not look good. Man United is also hampered with injuries but its just hard to ignore how poorly Chelsea has played of late.

French Soccer 2010-2011 1-0-0 +1.00 units (100.00%)

Montpellier pick +131 to bet 1 unit

Montpellier faded towards the end of the season, but in general they played pretty well. I think they get off to a good start again like they did last year. They didn't lose a game in the league at home till December. While Bordeaux was horrific on the road last year. I think the worst case scenario I take ap ush here.

Alexgurv

Russian Soccer 2010 17-16-1 -0.93 units (51.51%)

Zenit -165 to win 1 unit

It's already been said, there the best team in the league and they haven't missed a beat. They've been better on the road this year but pretty damn good at home as well. Dynamo only has 1 win all year on the road. Zenit doesn't give up a lot of goals, about 0.40 per game. While Dynamo is giving up 1.25 goals on the road per game and Zenit is averaging nearly 2 goals a game this year. I think Zenit continues there streaking ways.

English Soccer 2010-2011 1-0-0 +1.00 units (100.00%)

Won on Man United in the Community Shield last week...lets hope my perfect record continues.

Tottenham pick -125 to win 1 unit

While I know preseason shouldn't be a great indicator of how a team will do to start a team I believe it should be looked at as some kind of indicator. After all a team needs chemistry and practice and if they don't look good in there practice games, it unlikely they will look good to start the season. Tottenham had a pretty good one, other then the Villarreal game. While Man City lost all but one game. I think its a result of this team not having chemistry yet with all these newly acquired players. (Or maybe there not even that good). Head to Head, Tottenham owned Man city last year and beat them both times, including a 3-0 win at home. I'm not too sure we see a ton of goals with a little bit of rust on both teams, but I can not see anyway Tottenham loses this opener. (the line actually dropped 10 cents on Spurs as I was betting it)

French Soccer 2010-2011 2-0-0 +2.31 units (100.00%)

Nice start to the season

Nice +0.5 (-101) to win 1 unit

Kind of fading the public on this one. Lorient played great against Auxerre, a Champions League team last week, but I think people maybe looking into that too much. I think this Nice team showed improvements towards the end of last year. They started terribly on the road, but they went on to win/draw 4 of there last 5 against some pretty solid teams. I think Nice turns up and surprises some people.

Alexgurv

Russian Soccer 2010 17-17-1 -2.58 units (50.00%)

Brutal on zenit yesterday. They had the chance to take the lead a few times and they didn't finish. Including an easy one around the 60th minute that just required a tap of the foot.

Terek Grozny +0.5 -125 to win 1 unit

This seems like a legit home dog to take. Rubin is great on defense and give up pretty much no goals. But they didn't look great against Zenit a few weeks ago on the road. And Terek is a great home team only conceding 0.29 goals at home. They haven't lost at home all year either. I think this likely ends a draw but I will stick with underdog home team who hasn't even lost at home.

English Soccer 2010-2011 1-0-1 +1.00 units (100.00%)

Tough with Tottenham yesterday, but at least it wasn't a loser

Arsenal pick +110 to bet 1 unit

Not seeing eye to eye I guess with a lot of people but I dont believe much in this Liverpool team. No Torres tomorrow by the looks of it. I don't really buy into all the Roy hype either. They haven't really changed much (Iguess they had injuries last year but still) I remember at the very same time last year people were doubting Arsenal, they were too young, and they didn't have the stars. A lot of people predicted them out of the top 4. A lot of people took Everton last year at the start of the season to beat Arsenal, and Arsenal came out and beat them 6-1 @ Everton. Not expecting the same thing but I am expecting Arsenal to come out and at least draw this game. You can always trust in Arsene Wenger IMO.

French Soccer 2010-2011 3-0-0 +3.31 units (100.00%)

Bordeaux -150 to win 1 unit

Poor start for Bordeaux on the season losing to Montpellier but I think they come out better in there first home game. Big risk o nthe juice but they only lost 4 home games all year last year while Toulouse was horrible on the road. Bordeaux has won 8/10 games against Toulouse at home.

Marginalis
    Marginalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck today.

d1m@
    d1m@'s Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Alexgurv

thanks guys

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 1-0-2 +1.00 units (100.00%)

Newcastle +1.5 (+123) to bet 1 unit

Probably the right thing to do would be to lay off this game but I guess you can say I have a problem . The last time this Newcastle team went to the Devils park they tied them 1-1. This is when Man United was at the top and Newcastle was pretty damn near the bottom (2 years ago). I think Man United starts out slow, and due to a good goalkeeper in Steve Harper, Man United wins this 1-0.

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 1-4-1 -3.56 units (20.00%)

Zenit -163 to win 1 unit

Just gonna pull the trigger on this one. As far as history goes, the Unirea game was the first CL game Zenit has ever won at home. But anyway Zenit is in mid-season form and dominating the Russian league. They play a wide open game and average nearly 2 goals a game in the RPL. Auxerre is just getting start and they have played poorly so far, drawing against 2 opponents they should have beaten.

Ajax +0.5 -118 to win 1 unit

A pretty solid road team actually. They put up 3 goals against PAOK a couple weeks ago to help them advance. They only lost 3 games all year on the road last year in league play. Dynamo's starting GK is also out for what looks like to be the remainder of the year, which should certainly help Ajax.

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 3-4-1 -1.56 units (42.85%)

2-0 yesterday, nice day

Werder Bremen -121 to win 1 unit

Interesting game without Oezil but I don't think this changes the result of this game. Werder Bremen is already an experienced team in the Champions League and they have had success in the past against Italian teams. Sampdoria struggled on the road last year, at one point, going winless in 11 of 13 matches. Werder wins this one easily IMO

Sporting Braga +115 to bet 1 unit

Sevilla is a pretty solid team but as of now i'm not too sure how good any of the teams in Spain are other then the top 2. Fabiano may not play today as well, which certainly can't help. Sporting Braga proved how strong they are at home with there domination of Celtic. Sporting Braga hasn't lost a game at home in regulation in over a year now. (Though the last one they did lose was in international play in the Europa League playoff round)

Alexgurv

German Soccer 2009-2010 22-24-3 -3.31 units (47.83%)

^^ last years record, not too good, hoping to work on that this year

Wolfsburg +1 (-121) to win 1 unit

Don't really trust Bayern in this game too much and I am expecting a draw, but once again, taking the safe route here and going with the +1. Bayern will be missing Robben and possibly Olic. If Olic is out Klose will fill his spot and he, compared to his international effort, is not that good. Luis van Gaal led this team to a pretty poor start last year and there first win was in the 4th game. Wolfsburg might be missing there goaltender as well in this game, but I don't see Bayern mentally prepared for this one. As well as I think Wolsburg be a much better team then they were last year.

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 1-1-2 +0.00 units (50.00%)

Tottenham pick -140 to win 1 unit

Interesting start for Tottenham but I think it can only get better. Worst case I can see a draw coming out of this game with no Defoe or Pav. But Bale is playing on top of his game and he is creating chances for this team. Crouch is always in the right place (he just never finishes) I think the defense will also bounce back from there terrible game against Young Boys earlier this week. Stoke wont have Jones either. Expecting a 1-0 win for Spurs.

French Soccer 2010-2011 3-1-0 +1.81 units (75.00%)

OM -156 to win 1 unit

It's been mentioned, this is kind of a due or die situation for OM because they need a win. A rough start so far, there problem seems to be in the defense because theyve scored 3 goals in 2 games, but given up 4 to teams they should be beating. Lorient has given up 4 so far this year so that should help OM a bit. Head 2 Head, Lorient hasn't beaten OM since 2007. I think we should see this team bounce back.

German Soccer 2010-2011 0-0-1 +0.00 units (0.00%)

St. Pauli +0.5 -145 to win 1 unit

Really just a feeling here that these teams are perfectly equal. St Pauli lost in the first round of the DFP. But how good is Freiburg really? This is the same team that lost/draw 15 out of 16 games at one point last year. I could see the new team making a bit of a splash to start, maybe even get all 3 points.

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

olympic marseile is definitely gonna win today. i'm waiting to see if the odd could rise to 1.80 or more.now at 1.633

charley1
    charley1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

good piks!!, good luck

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 2-1-2 +1.00 units (66.67%)

Newcastle pick +110 to bet 1 unit

Great home team, and no Milner or manager for Aston Villa.

French Soccer 2010-2011 4-1-0 +2.81 units (80.00%)

Montpellier -0.5 (+113) to bet 1 unit

Caen been playing hot beating OM and OL in the first 2 weeks after being promoted. Montpellier is also a solid team as well and they have yet to give up a goal this season. Think this nice Caen run ends here, considering how great Montpellier is at home.

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 3-1-2 +2.10 units (75.00%)

Liverpool pick +119 to bet 1 unit

Last season's games both ended in a draw and I could just as easily see that happen today. But hoping that Liverpool gets a couple chances like they did against Arsenal and sneak one in. Man City didn't play well at all against Spurs, particularly in the first half. They let up a ton of chances and if not for Hart heroic's it could have gotten ugly real quick. I expect Kolarov probably not playing in this game won't help them either. With all these new additions I dont expect Man City to play together right away either. Even with a man down Liverpool played solid defense in the 2H and they probably should have won that game against Arsenal.

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 5-4-1 +0.59 units (55.55%)

Sampdoria +114 to bet 1 unit

Where Sampdoria lacks on the road, they make up at home, very rarely losing. Werder gave up a crucial goal in the first game that gave Sampdoria some hope. Bremen also isn't great on the road and they are lacking in defense it seems giving up 4 to Hoffenheim this weekend. I think Sampdoria has a pretty good shot at advancing to the group stage.

Sporting Braga +1.5 (-129) to win 1 unit

Will take a shot with this one. I think Sevilla probably wins, but just by 1. Who knows, with Fabiano possibly out the door. Squillaci being gone won't help them much either. I think Braga will also probably sit back the whole game considering there advantage, especially if Sevilla scores one.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

any thoughts about russian 2 div ?

goodluck

cornerkick
    cornerkick's Avatar Become A Pro!

The sevilla game is difficult to predict, so I'm gonna go with an under. Confident about Sampdoria though. Good luck!

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    any thoughts about russian 2 div ?

goodluck
    not a clue, sorry

Alexgurv

Quote Originally Posted by cornerkick View Post
    The sevilla game is difficult to predict, so I'm gonna go with an under. Confident about Sampdoria though. Good luck!
    thanks cornerkick, GL to u as well

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-4-1 +2.59 units (63.63%)

Zenit pick/+0.5 -138 to win 1 unit

Maybe a little bit of a homer play but I like Zenit in this game. It's been mentioned before that this team is yet to lose a game this season while Auxerre, in there limited league play, is yet to actually win a game (3 draws). They also haven't gone a game yet this year without giving up a goal. You could argue that Zenit has played better offensively and defensively on the road this year in the RPL.

Dynamo Kiev +0.5 (+114) to bet 1 unit

I see this one coming down as a draw or possibly maybe even a Kiev win. Ajax has a poor track record against teams that are any good at all when it comes to playing at home in Europe. Gazzaev, the manager of Dynamo Kiev is generally a very good manager when it comes to Europe and leading CSKA a few years back to some unexpected success. I can see this game being a total shootout. You've got Saurez in one end and Shevchenko can score as well for Kiev. I could easily see this ending up another draw, which would suit me just fine, but going the safe route with this one.

Alexgurv

UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 7-6-1 +0.21 units (53.84%)

Inter -112 to win 1 unit

Probably should't be betting this game but I can Inter winning this one just 1-0, Atletico Madrid has a great offensive game. But they are bad defensively. They are terrible away from home. I just hope I'm not cursing Rafa in the 90th minute here, but Inter should win.

Alexgurv

English Soccer 2010-2011 3-2-2 +1.10 units (60.00%)

Blackburn +1 (-137) to win 1 unit

Arsenal struggled the last year on the road and there start at Liverpool was a really questionable one and they probably should have lost (even with a man up on them for half a game). Blackburn only lost 3 games all year at home, Tottenham, Man City and Everton. Unfortunately , all 3 games they lost by 2 goals. I lean towards the draw more on this one, but I will take the safe route here.

French Soccer 2010-2011 4-2-0 +1.81 units (66.67%)

Toulouse pick +130 to bet 1 unit

Riding the wave while they are hot. They haven't lost yet this season and n oreason to run away from them now. It seems that Nancy doesn't have the great record at home. Losing at one point last year 7 of 8 by an average of 2 goals. Toulouse looked good against FSGB, I expect them , at worst, to get a draw out of this.

Spanish Soccer 2009-2010 17-24-1 -4.93 units (41.46%)

Not a great Spanish season last year, give another shot this year

Malaga pick +119 to bet 1 unit

This seems worth a shot to me. Valencia is terrible on the road, and I mean terrible. In the year 2010 Valencia has just two wins on the road. I can't see the situation getting any better with David Villa or Silva. Malaga pretty solid at home.

Russian Soccer 2010 18-17-1 -1.58 units (51.42%)

Rubin Kazan pick -135 to win 1 unit

I expect a 1-0 score coming from Rubin here. Spartak hasn't lost a game at home this year, but they are yet to play any of the top 3 in the league at home who I think are just much better teams. Rubin is a spectacular defensive side and giving up .5 goals on the road this year. The only reason its even that high is because they gave up 2 to Zenit, which is the most goals they've given up all season. Worst case, I see a draw.

Alexgurv

Pretty much wasted...so..try to get to writeupos in morning

Aston Villa pick -125 to win 1 unit
    Bordeaux pick -135 to wi n1 nunit

12 Last