icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Strong FA Cup lean for tomorrow

I'm going to break a couple rules I set for myself tomorrow. First, that I would stay away from FA Cup/Carling cup matches, as they tend to be unpredictable and you can never gage how motivated a team is, as well as alot of reserves playing. The second rule that I'm going to break is that I would stay away from betting on Liverpool for the time being, as they have been piss poor the last couple months. Having said that, no play yet for me as I want to see the starting lineup, but a strong lean on their game against Havant & Waterlooville:

Liverpool -3

Congrats to Havant & Waterlooville getting this far. To be honest, until a week ago I didn't know who the heck they were. They are an example of the magic of the FA Cup. They play in a conference called the Blue Square South Table. Not even in the Football League. Way down there in the FA pyramid. They beat Swansea who play in the Football League One, two leagues below the EPL. That in itself was impressive. But this is a MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE step up in class for them. This is like an A league baseball team going up against a decent MLB team. They have absolutely no shot of getting anything in this one. They will be living a dream and enjoying their experience playing at Anfield, a dream that very few low level soccer clubs get to enjoy. And the club will enjoy getting a hefty payday from the gates. Havant & Waterlooville have won their FA Cup just by getting here. On the other hand, Liverpool needs to get some respectability back in their game. They have stumbled badly the last few times out. But they are finally getting their off field issues ironed out. They have secured their funding, a new stadium has been announced, and the owners have reannounced confidence in Rafa Benitez. All that leaves is to get some decent results on the pitch, and this is a very good spot for them to do that. There would be no bigger embarassment for them than to not win by a decent margin against a non league team like Havant & Waterlooville. I'm comfortable laying 3 goals in this one, because if Havant & Waterlooville keeps it that close, there could be more rumblings. I expect nothing more than another blowout win, as witnessed in their last FA Cup match against Luton.
    PICK: Liverpool -3
    Predicted score 6-0 Liverpool.

Again, this is only a lean. I'm going to check to see what roster Benitez throws out for this one.

nasdaq888
    nasdaq888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10992

Quote Originally Posted by icemantbi View Post
    I'm going to break a couple rules I set for myself tomorrow. First, that I would stay away from FA Cup/Carling cup matches, as they tend to be unpredictable and you can never gage how motivated a team is, as well as alot of reserves playing. The second rule that I'm going to break is that I would stay away from betting on Liverpool for the time being, as they have been piss poor the last couple months. Having said that, no play yet for me as I want to see the starting lineup, but a strong lean on their game against Havant & Waterlooville:

Liverpool -3

Congrats to Havant & Waterlooville getting this far. To be honest, until a week ago I didn't know who the heck they were. They are an example of the magic of the FA Cup. They play in a conference called the Blue Square South Table. Not even in the Football League. Way down there in the FA pyramid. They beat Swansea who play in the Football League One, two leagues below the EPL. That in itself was impressive. But this is a MASSIVE and I mean MASSIVE step up in class for them. This is like an A league baseball team going up against a decent MLB team. They have absolutely no shot of getting anything in this one. They will be living a dream and enjoying their experience playing at Anfield, a dream that very few low level soccer clubs get to enjoy. And the club will enjoy getting a hefty payday from the gates. Havant & Waterlooville have won their FA Cup just by getting here. On the other hand, Liverpool needs to get some respectability back in their game. They have stumbled badly the last few times out. But they are finally getting their off field issues ironed out. They have secured their funding, a new stadium has been announced, and the owners have reannounced confidence in Rafa Benitez. All that leaves is to get some decent results on the pitch, and this is a very good spot for them to do that. There would be no bigger embarassment for them than to not win by a decent margin against a non league team like Havant & Waterlooville. I'm comfortable laying 3 goals in this one, because if Havant & Waterlooville keeps it that close, there could be more rumblings. I expect nothing more than another blowout win, as witnessed in their last FA Cup match against Luton.
    PICK: Liverpool -3
    Predicted score 6-0 Liverpool.

Again, this is only a lean. I'm going to check to see what roster Benitez throws out for this one.
    Hey dude I'm also on Liverpool -3/-3.5 Didn't bet on -3 because the winning odds were too low. Hopefully Liverpool will give them a big thrashing....Cheers and Good Luck !!!

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Alright, the spread for this game moved another half point on me last night, so it's now up to -3 and -3.5. As a result, not playing this as heavy as I was going to. However, here is the confirmed Liverpool lineup:

Itandje, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Skrtel, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Pennant, Crouch, Babel.

Subs: Martin, Carragher, Kuyt, Gerrard, Torres.

Pennant, Crouch and Babel should be more than enough to do enough damage to cover the -3.5 spread easily. I don't see Havant & Waterlooville scoring any goals in this game, so they should at least win by 4-0, but I think it will be more like 6 or 7-0.

Pulling the trigger on this one boys. 5 units on this play.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

20 mins into game and it`s 1-0 to Havant.

shasso
    shasso's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't believe this Liverpool.. they have been playing so well for a while and now they suddenly SUCK so bad

vanman

Havant are now winning 2-1

vanman

Quote Originally Posted by shasso View Post
    I can't believe this Liverpool.. they have been playing so well for a while and now they suddenly SUCK so bad
    Liverpool haven`t being playing well for quite a while.

shasso

They kicked ass around the time of the last matches in Champs league when they had to win. I kept betting them with -1, they had big lines and won em all.

who the **** is SKRTEL

vanman

Quote Originally Posted by shasso View Post
    They kicked ass around the time of the last matches in Champs league when they had to win. I kept betting them with -1, they had big lines and won em all.

who the **** is SKRTEL
    Skrtel is their new centre half.
    Liverpool always play well in champions league,their league form this season is poor by way of what is expected.

Joeyfitzclick
    Joeyfitzclick's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-2 Ht

shasso

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    Liverpool always play well in champions league,their league form this season is poor by way of what is expected.
    Around that time they played league well too, that was the reason i bet on them in Champs, i saw them play in the premier and they kicked ass.

Anyway, it doesnt matter, they suck donkeys ass now

nasdaq888
    nasdaq888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10992

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    Skrtel is their new centre half.
    Martin Skrtel is a Slovak international. He didn't impress me one bit. In fact he was at fault for both of Havant's goals....for giving away a corner which led to the first goal and for being too slow in closing down Potter for Havant's second goal. He looked nervous and lost at times, and I'm surprised Benitez would want to splash out £6.5m for the ex-Zenit St. Petersburg player.

I believe Liverpool's Champions League adventure will end in the last 16. Inter Milan would just be simply too strong for them.