Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

World Cup Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final Picks

International Soccer 2010 Overall 26-11-8 +14.71 units (70.27%)

Plays :

Brazil -105
    Ghana to advance +171

Pretty solid World Cup...hopefully I'll finish it off strong

Brazil -105 to win 1 unit

I think that Netherland will try and attacking approach against Brazil and like Chile they might get burned doing it. They haven't looked that impressive thus far in the World Cup and made some stupid mistakes against Slovakia that could have cost them the game a few times. Brazil shows that there offense is clicking.

Ghana to advance +171 to bet 1 unit

Taking a shot on this one. I think the fact they are the only African team left will really make the difference. If there was ever a good time for an African team to make there first semi-finals this would be it. Ghana's offense isn't really spectacular, but there defense holds up there end of the bargain. They also showed that they have a lot of quickness agains't the US. I think regardless of who wins it will be a very tightly played game.

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I love Brazil to win it all right now and I think Ghana has a great shot at making the semi's.

GL on your plays

Alexgurv

Argentina pick -150 to win 1 unit
    Argentina to advance -143 to win 1 unit

The Germans have been playing well. But if you look at the stat sheet against England there stats were fairly similar. Also Germany's win looks more impressive because of how they beat the England, but lets face it England did not play very well this World Cup. I think Germany ends up being too young and inexperienced for this Argentina team.

Alexgurv

Spain -1 (-110) to win 1 unit

This is the square play but Paraguay has shown little offense so far in the World Cup and Spain is starting to look better. Hard not see Spain at least score a goal in regulation and worst case I push.

Alexgurv

Uruguay +0.5 (+143) to bet 1 unit

Gonna go with the unpopular thing here. Tough few games for me, but still been a great World Cup. Saurez not being in the game will be a huge loss for Uruguay and since he won't be there they will make the Forlan the lone striker up front. This limits the offense but I think he is better suited for this role. The problem might be the midfield. To me the Dutch still haven't looked great, maybe because I'm used to seeing a different game from them. They looked horrific against Brazil in the first half of the game. Brazil could have easily finished that game right off in the first half and they basically collapsed in the second half and the Dutch took advantage of it. Hopefully this is the type of stuff we see from them again. I have to say I think we will see Uruguay sit back a lot and try to score off the counters if they can. I think this is gonna be a close game.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Not a good start

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

But finish strong Alex

Alexgurv

Thanks Jimmy

Spain pick -112 to win 1 unit
    Spain to advance -111 to win 1 unit

I think that Germany is still a very young team, and not having one of there best young players in Muller will affect them. Klose is a good player but Spain IMO is the best defensive team that they will see so far in the World Cup. This will be a more open game then Spain has played so far as well. Which makes David Villa very dangerous. I could honestly see Spain winning this one rather easily

Alexgurv

Uruguay +0.5 (+117) to bet 1 unit

Tough one to call, but I think this will be a decently close game. Saurez will be back and Forlan is playing great. Uruguay is very tight defensively despite giving up 3 to the Dutch. Germany struggled to score goals against two good defensive teams this World Cup, Serbia and Spain. I could see this happening again. This German team is also young, so who knows maybe they wont have any really fight left in them.

Alexgurv

Netherlands +0.5 (-121) to win 2 units

Gonna make my first and only 2 unit play of the World Cup. I've had a decent World Cup despite the terrible run towards the end. I think that if you really watch a few of the Spanish games this World Cup this team can be figured out. If you play in the back, and if you just counter on them you can win. Paraguay showed how to do that. Paraguay doesn't have a very good offense, but yet they had a ton of chances to score. I think Netherlands probably saw this and will hopefully play this way. Also it almost seems like the Dutch are just destined to win this one. Hopefully we see a good game all around! A meaningless stat just for fun is that the World Cup has never been won by a team that lost there first game...which Spain did.

Alexgurv

Great world Cup no doubt, thank you to all my supporters

International Soccer 2010 Overall 29-16-9 +12.73 units (64.44%)