Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Anelka Booted For Arguing with Domenech

Rifts in France’s dressing room were brought into full view when striker Nicolas Anelka was sent home from the world cup for insulting coach Raymond Domenech, adding further tension to a team that has been struggling to find harmony on and off the pitch.

Anelka was sent home for refusing to apologize after aiming an expletive-laced tirade at Domenech during the halftime team talk during Thursday’s 2-0 defeat to Mexico.

The fact that the spat was made public has further increased the unrest in the French camp, with captain Patrice Evra saying there is a “traitor” within the team who leaked the comments to media.

Anelka also said the argument should have stayed within the team.

“It happened within the confines of the changing rooms, between the coach and me, in front of my teammates and the staff,” Anelka told the website of France Soir newspaper. “That should never have come out of the changing rooms. I don’t know who can benefit from that, but repeating these kind of things certainly doesn’t help (the team).”

Evra said all the players wanted Anelka to stay, but the French football federation decided otherwise.

“He’s upset by this, he is really hurt, disgusted,” Evra said. “The problem isn’t Anelka, it’s the traitor among us.”

Goat Milk

If Henry doesn't start next game I will bet against France

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I'm definitely waiting to see this live, just in case they pull a protest in the middle of the game, can't miss an opportunity like that. As for now nothing is certain about their performance, anything can happen in these situation wait and see IMO.

chevychi255
    chevychi255's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Well Time to pack it up france

JogoBonito
    JogoBonito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Also France didnt train today as support to their teammate anelka. Supposely one of the staff of france leak the fight between anelka and domenech to the press and evra was furious bout it, confront him, had a huge fight with the pressence of at least 150 followers and in the end the players realease a statement saying that they would not train because of the incidents occurred.

Also, supposely Zinedine Zidane talked to the 4 captains of France b4 the match against mexico and told them how they needed to play against them and Domenech told them to do completely different things. This isnt entirely true yet, just rumors but Domenech and thier staff has been also critized alot and even called racist for not calling algerian-french stars samir nasri and karim benezema which would have help them significantly. Zidane is also part algerian and domenech is not very fond of him. This France post Zidanes era is on its lowest point and imo, I would have enjoyed more watching Ireland in this world cup puttin their heart outs every game than this pittyful version of France.
    Last edited by JogoBonito; 06-20-10 at 09:26 PM.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

It's time to bet SA.

JogoBonito

So what will happen in this match??!!!! IF they throw out the game, the press will have no mercy with the players but theyll definetily axe Domenech which is what most french players want... but as of yesterday , i thought that there were fights between players and thats why i was going all with South Africa but now I see that the problem is between players-staff and if this players wants to win this game for their honor, i think they might pull it off.. what do you guys think..

Goat Milk

Fukk France. What pisses me off the most is that this is Henry's last world cup and he's not even starting, and not even the captain. WTF is that bullshit? Henry should be the team's captain and starting.

The guy is so classy he just sits on the bench and doesn't say a word.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Henry is only there for symbolic reasons. The guy is washed up but anyone could help france. No clue why they brought Anelka. The kid has been a cancer his whole life. He was smiling at the airport.

camel
    camel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well this will be Domenech's last game in charge anyway. Laurent Blanc will be their next manager.

* This assuming that France doesn't advance past the group stages.

Domenech is an idiot anyway and France doesn't deserve to be in the WC. Karma baby! The Irish are laughing.

JogoBonito

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Henry is only there for symbolic reasons. The guy is washed up but anyone could help france. No clue why they brought Anelka. The kid has been a cancer his whole life. He was smiling at the airport.
    Im not a big fan of Anelka either and what he did was inexcusable but im positive that the real cancer of this Team is DOMENECH! and the FFF for keeping up with for some damn long. How can you not call one of the brightest and biggest upcoming stars in French Football, the new zidane, Samir Nasri and a the new Youri Djorkaeff, Karim Benzema!!! instead he calls Henry just to sit on the bench!... hes clearly have it against algerian/french players and im kind of glad that Anelka bursted out on him... i dislike them both..

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I refuse to place a bet or even cheer for France after reading that article in LB's thread about how a few of them are treating Gourcuff.

Au revoir Frenchies.

furjiko
    furjiko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

good

france are playing really bad and it´s all fault of domenech

cmh329
    cmh329's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Irish must love this whole debacle.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by cmh329 View Post
    oh hell they gotta be furious right. Im willing to lay money down that they make the 2014 world cup

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by cmh329 View Post
    Meanwhile, back in France, Sochaux manager Francois Gillot spared a thought for Ireland as he discussed the controversy.

"Today I am thinking of the Irish -- they should have been there in our place," he said. "France is the laughing stock of the world."

camel
    camel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I refuse to place a bet or even cheer for France after reading that article in LB's thread about how a few of them are treating Gourcuff.

Au revoir Frenchies.
    Scarface is just jealous he doesn't have a pretty boy look about him compared to Gourcuff.

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

The French team is a disaster right now.

Travl
    Travl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    If Henry doesn't start next game I will bet against France

Been saying this from the start of the tourney. I just feel he gives them a better chance than the totally ineffective and stifled Anelka. I mean why the hell not, what is there to lose? You could see a change in tempo and attack from the French side after Henry was subbed into the Uruguay match. He had around 10 mins to operate, and almost potted one off his head. It still makes no difference, France has way too many problems to be considered a team, let alone contender.