rico
    rico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

FIFA Vs. Australia

Australia get a red card again!!! I feel sorry for the Australians and how they get massacred by corrupt FIFA.

Australia-Croatia in Germany 06 is the worst officiated footballgame ever. That scandalous penalty in the game against the italians which rewarded an italian diver is one of the biggest robberies in world cup history. The red card in the game against germany is highly questionable. Now a red card again!

Corrupt FIFA is a big joke! Is to much to ask that Australia get a fair shot in WC? Australia and the US are in same position, cheated by FIFA, game after game. This would never happen to the major european powers.

whitedogau
    whitedogau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

would it shock you to hear that the ref is italian too?? 4 years later we're getting ****ed by the same country

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I'm not taking any sides but the rules are if you use your hands to stop a goal it's a straight red card and penalty. What was wrong with the call?

DJ RM
    DJ RM's Avatar Become A Pro!

No doubt the Aussies got screwed in 2006 and in the game last week but that was an obvious handball by Kewell - intentional or not, that's a red. Certainly more deserving than the one Cahill for in the last game.

Certainly made me think of USA/Germany in 2002, except they DIDN'T call the handball on Frings and the US lost 1-0. Terrible.

whitedogau

i'm dirty about addy's challenge on bresciano only getting a yellow. Does the rule not state that studs up challenges from behind warrant a rd card?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by whitedogau View Post
    i'm dirty about addy's challenge on bresciano only getting a yellow. Does the rule not state that studs up challenges from behind warrant a rd card?
    That wasn't a red card, you're obviously getting desperate here. This referee is very solid if you watch Serie A you'd know that. He doesn't give red cards away at random, that Kewell red card was the most obvious one in this WC so far.

whitedogau

no - i believe addy's was. twice as bad as cahill

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

what was wrong with the red?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

no - i believe addy's was. twice as bad as cahill
    I just wish there was some consistency with the refs. Fair enough - don't give addy a RC and give one to Kewell. But why in the hell did Cahill get one for a lesser offence? (in my opinion) That's not this guy's fault though - FIFA needs to get its act together with the refs in general and make them aware of the need to be consistent from match to match.

Travl
    Travl's Avatar Become A Pro!

This ref is no doubt solid. Complaining about that red card shows you have no bearing on the rules. Ref has the game totally under control, even though its a rough one and could easily have gotten out of hand.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Sorry - wrong thread.
    Last edited by shari91; 06-19-10 at 10:53 AM.

whitedogau

ghana player lies down for all of injury time and only 1 minute added on...yeah, this ref is awesome. On the topic of refs, the guy from New Zealand who is at the cup can't even get a place in the A-league

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

ghana player lies down for all of injury time and only 1 minute added on...yeah, this ref is awesome. On the topic of refs, the guy from New Zealand who is at the cup can't even get a place in the A-league
    He actually did the right thing blowing the whistle that early when it came to doing what's fair to both sides, he could care less about peoples bets.

whitedogau

yeah right, both teams pressing for a win..how is blowing it early fair on both teams and on fans?

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Ref was calling way too many fouls on 50/50 contests. Very soft

LOL at our best player who gets disgracefully red carded in the first game.
    Then your 2nd best player gets red carded in the second game.

Not our tournament ...