Raadmand
    Raadmand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Netherlands - Japan

Thougts?

Leaning for the -1 but afraid that the quick play by japan can sneak in a goal and make it close. ML is no value from my point of view.

Last time they played ended 3-0 to the netherlands.

Over 2 - 2,5 might be a valueplay.

can't figure this game out.

Make me a

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Fast teams, in need of a win.

OVER at best.

vanc
    vanc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Netherlands.

It think they will show much more this time.

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

no value on -1, and the spread is -1 -1.5 now, I really hate it

COOGI
    COOGI's Avatar Become A Pro!

under is the best.......look at all the game we have been bet on.... many under only fews over

Raadmand

Stekelenburg - GK
    van der Wiel - Right defender
    Heiting - Center defender
    Matthijsen - Center defender
    van Bronckhorst - Left defender

de Jong - Defensive midfielder
    van Bommel - Defensive midfielder

Kuyt - Right attacking midfielder
    Sneijder - Central attacking midfielder
    van der Vaart - Left attacking midfielder

van Persie - Striker

This might be the NL lineup, same as against denmark.

The front four can all put it in the box.

Tell why the over isn't a good play, that should only be if Japan is keeping 11 players behind the ball just for the hope of getting the 1 point, but even in that case i think u can't just move back against a team like NL. They are just too good with the ball offensively. Convince me othervise.

Raadmand

@ COOGI

Think the second round games will break that streak and make some more overs.

All the other world cups and Euro Cups have all ended with an avarage over 2,5 this world cup have had and avarage about 1,5 until today. From my point off view we will end at something about 2,50 in the end.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Japan may deserve small shoot , lol , why they can t win against netherland ?

umdterps
    umdterps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

I am confident that the Netherlands will win this one. Going with the -1.

Raadmand

Japan sneaking 1 goal in like above goal, their quick passing could tease NL a bit, still think NL will come out as a winner.

2-1 is my prediction after analysing this bastard for about an hour.

Over 2 and 2,5 is my play for this game. 2 units.

oxellos
    oxellos's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think 3-1 is possible to this match. Nether makes first goal in 1H and follow by 2nd goal, Japan's first goal, and last goal in 2H.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Lost of chalk on holland, i like them to win but it's too expensive considering what happened lately in other games.
    Could end up beeing a draw, who knows...
    Last edited by gohabsgo; 06-18-10 at 07:57 PM.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Japan can't win this game getting into a wide open stretching the field kind of game, the Netherlands has too many gifted players for Japan to succeed. Japan's gameplan has to be pack the box on the defensive end and hope to catch the Dutch on the counter attack. I don't believe we'll see Robben tomorrow unless it's in a loosen up role towards the end of the game because they don't need to risk him right now. IF the Dutch get on the board early tomorrow that's when the Under is cooked.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Van Marwijk is making a mistake by starting Van Der Vaart. He's good, but can't start alongside Sneijder, because this messes up the positional play for Holland. It is this type of coaching that undermines Holland's chances to win the WC, in my opinion.

Still, Japan has about as much chance against Holland as South Korea against Argentina. Zero. Demolition possible.

There are four teams in this tournament with excellent ball control and lots of possession. Spain, Brazil, Argentina, and Holland. As of tonight, they are the four favorites in the futures (at 5Dimes). Ironically, three of these four could end up in the same quarter of the draw.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-18-10 at 08:22 PM.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Dark House,

That's interesting to here you say that. I think Van Der Vaart can play with Sneijder no problem. And I would rather see them playing together now because Van Der Vaart coming off the bench once the round of 16 starts is a mistake and the Dutch won't stand a chance if he does.

I think there has been far worse coaching errors. Dunga will bury his talented, young squad once all the pressure is on in the quarters by trying to change their style of play so rapidly. Everyone knows Domenech should just pack his bags now. He is a moron. What about Maradona?

Argentina has some serious midfield and defensive issues they will need to correct after the group stage is over to advance deep into this cup. I think they will come up short in the semi's. You can't win cups without having a world class midfielder in today's game.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

The Van Der Vaart/Sneijder problem, a luxury problem for sure, was long ago identified at Ajax, where they both played. It was 'proven' once again in the match against Denmark, when Holland only started clicking after VDV came off.

Van Der Vaart had a good game against Ghana, in a friendly right before the WC, when he came in for Sneijder. These two players are too similar, and Sneijder is first choice. VDV should accept that, but instead he's moaning in the press. And he doesn't keep his position at the left, because he wants to play where Sneijder plays. VDV is very selfish to play this game at a WC. A potential source of disharmony for Holland. Van Marwijk is too weak to put his foot down, and wants to please VDV instead of creating the best team. He may not fully understand the Ajax background, because he coached Feyenoord (two huge rivals in Holland). Holland's game of fast one-touch soccer, and play over the wings, is based on correct spacing. VDV doesn't keep his position, which clogs up and slows down Holland.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-18-10 at 08:45 PM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Can't find a good play on this game What you guys think of these Team Totals. Holland Over/Under 1.5 & Japen Over/Under 0.5???

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Can't find a good play on this game What you guys think of these Team Totals. Holland Over/Under 1.5 & Japen Over/Under 0.5???

Here's a good play: Take Netherlands to win 2-0 (+1000) and take Netherlands to win 3-0 (+2200). The way I see it is that Japan won their only game and probably scored their only goal. Nobody expects them to score, even the oddsmakers have placed them scoring a goal +125. The over/under is 2.5 and I reallllllly think the final score will be one of these 2. Enough to where I'm willing to take a stab and put 200 on each. BOL

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Sorry, looked at the wrong odds but I'm still sticking with these bets but it's +500 and +650 respectively.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Netherlands corners -4

They had 18 shots and 6 corners against the Danes. Japan had 5 shots and no corners against Cameroon. The Netherlands will completely dominate possession.

oxellos
    oxellos's Avatar Become A Pro!

Netherlands wins by 2- 0

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

look to see a two goal victory at least took -1/2 -1 at 5 dimes lets go dutch

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

The problem that exists is that because of the upsets many are afraid to take the dutch on the handicap. This is when the books make money.When most leave it alone or take the Japanese +1.5. Under first hf is the best play.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

is anyone??

on Japan? Looks like everyone is on the Dutch. I might put a little on Japan just because everyone else is on the Dutch. Remember how many people liked england??

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Netherlands totally different team than England. They know how to pass, one-touch and it's on to the next player. Hint hint England.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I took Netherlands 1H -105 (5Dimes)

Foals
    Foals's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

I took both the Netherlands and the over 2.5

likepeas
    likepeas's Avatar Become A Pro!

2-0/3-0

any other bets which are worth betting on?

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Beware of the mickey mouse ref!
    U r warned!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The problem that exists is that because of the upsets many are afraid to take the dutch on the handicap. This is when the books make money.When most leave it alone or take the Japanese +1.5. Under first hf is the best play.
    what I was thinking, there is so much psychology going on in these lines

carbonero77
    carbonero77's Avatar Become A Pro!

uruguay us winner the group,,,far,far,so far

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

i like Japan +.5 +200 here...good odds

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Holland only gets in trouble when opponents pressure their defense. Otherwise, they're playing possession and patiently wait for an opening. This team differs somewhat from earlier versions in that they're less shiny and more conservative. They only let in two goals during qualifying, and have played together for a number of years.

I'm approaching this as a home game for them. They're the clear favorite, and there will be many orange fans in the stands. During qualification they averaged 60% posssession at home, and outshot opponents by 11 to 3.75 shots. They also averaged 5 more corners per game (7.75-2.75).

On the road, during qualifying, the numbers were not as impressive (52% possessions, 10.5 to 7.0 shot, 1.75 more corners per game), but I'm not going to consider those until they play a top opponent.

In their WC opener against Denmark, they had 58% possession, +8 shots, and +4 corners. Right in the range of home games, although 1 corner short of the average of 5.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-19-10 at 01:33 AM.

maquina
    maquina's Avatar Become A Pro!

Netherland will win easily.

NY Playa
    NY Playa's Avatar Become A Pro!

Netherland by 2 goals 2-0 or 3-1

123 Last