swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday friendly - Netherlands vs Hungary

Here is a good preview of the game: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/mat...rlands-hungary

Netherlands plays the last friendly game before going to South Africa against Hungary, in front of their fans at Amsterdam.

Netherlands will probably field a strong team to keep the confidence they already have: they easily beat Ghana a few days ago (4-1).

Against a side that lost 3-0 against Germany in a friendly a few days ago, I think this dutch team is going to win at least by 2 goals, that's why I'm playing Netherlands -2 (-108) at pinnacle

Chuck74
    Chuck74's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swiss88 View Post
    Here is a good preview of the game: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/mat...rlands-hungary

Netherlands plays the last friendly game before going to South Africa against Hungary, in front of their fans at Amsterdam.

Netherlands will probably field a strong team to keep the confidence they already have: they easily beat Ghana a few days ago (4-1).

Against a side that lost 3-0 against Germany in a friendly a few days ago, I think this dutch team is going to win at least by 2 goals, that's why I'm playing Netherlands -2 (-108) at pinnacle
    I think it s a good play, good luck man!

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

For God Sake Netherlands play all your scrubs!! No injuries

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

-2? Hungary are good for 1. I see a 3-2 win by Holland.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will not touch this game until I see some lineups.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

not official but heard it will be same 11 as last game plus robben

unpredictable
    unpredictable's Avatar Become A Pro!

Safe bet for me Netherlands -1

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

Quote Originally Posted by Sforz View Post
    not official but heard it will be same 11 as last game plus robben
    If van Marwijk is going to play 12 players then I'm definitely going all-in on the -1!

If not I'm still playing the -1 though

spirta
    spirta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Yes I also think that Netherlands will beat whit two or more goals.

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

what about over?

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

demolition, not even close

Blutarski

And there goes Robbens. Up 6 to 1 with 4 minutes left why is he in there?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Naranja Mechanica

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski View Post
    And there goes Robbens. Up 6 to 1 with 4 minutes left why is he in there?
    He hadn't played in the preparation so far. Came in late after the CL final, and was a little tired of soccer, he said. So Van Marwijk rested him.

Kantopic
    Kantopic's Avatar Become A Pro!

dang sucks robben got injured.. lets hope he'll be ok, Netherlands isnt the same without him.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Not clear yet. Some people in the Netherlands are suggesting hamstring. Earliest indications are two to three weeks out. All guestimates. It won't matter too much if he misses the first three games. If Holland has a weakness, other than defense, it is that they peak too early in big tournaments. The champion often plays very average early on.

Rookie07
    Rookie07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks for Netherlands. They should have taken him off with the lead that they got.

Kantopic
    Kantopic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie07 View Post
    Sucks for Netherlands. They should have taken him off with the lead that they got.
    they couldnt, they have already made 6 substitutions, and i think its imposibble to take a player off with no reason unless he's injured.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Update: Definitely a hamstring injury. Robben not traveling with team to South Africa. Van Marwijk will await Sunday's scan to decide if he wants to call in a substitute. Van Marwijk: "I would have preferred to lose the game and keep Arjen in one piece. He felt a sharp pain. It doesn't look good, but I'm not giving up hope."

What a ridiculous way to get injured. Another star player bites the dust? Hats off to the voodoo priestess sticking pins in all those dolls.

Blutarski

They are deep enough to have Robben sit until quarters. Let him rest for three weeks. A healthy and rested Robben could tip the game in Hollands favor if they do indeed face Brazil in quarters.

spirta
    spirta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Very bad for Netherlands, but they still have a chance to do something in world cup.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

No surprise here, Netherlands for the win. Too bad with Robben, I think this is a fitting song for this world cup list of injuries.

Blutarski

Report: Robben should make World Cup
    (AP) – 33 minutes ago
    AMSTERDAM — Netherlands winger Arjen Robben's hamstring injury isn't as severe as initially feared, and he is likely to join his teammates at the World Cup in South Africa, local media report.
    Robben hurt his left hamstring during the Netherlands' 6-1 win over Hungary in a friendly in Amsterdam on Saturday. The rest of the team arrived in South Africa on Sunday.
    "I have decided not to summon any substitute for Arjen," Dutch state broadcaster NOS quoted coach Bert van Marwijk as saying. "I want to give him every chance to still participate in the World Cup."
    The report said it was impossible to know when Robben will be fit enough to play. It said he would likely travel to South Africa later this week.
    The Netherlands' first match is against Denmark on June 14, and Van Marwijk can make injury replacements until June 13.
    Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Stifler
    Stifler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

with or without robben, netherlands are still a favorite to win the cup. They are in a really good shape right now.