vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

WC 2010 African teams .

I seen few crazy posts . Guys are horny on African teams and give them too much respect .Every African team has great going forward, but awful defensively and tactically nowhere near good enough to consistenly get through a tournament like this. WC after WC people expect that one of them will do well . Now i hear theory's that they play on home soil and that will help(and this time it's different) . Yeah sure . One of this teams will pull an upset as they always do , and lose very next game .

Ivory Coast , Ghana, Nigeria ,all loaded with players , South Africa (host) .
    Then how come Egypt won last TWO African Nations Cup . Egypt must be a power house .
    Simply because Egypt are much stronger African defensive side then the rest of the clowns .I watched African Nations Cup games , some of the defending and goalkeeping just comical.
    Putting money on some African team is worthless.I'll will be surprised if more then 1 team survives the group stage.

None of the African teams can defend, they're all vastly overrated and will be dog food for any decent side.

MY 2 cents

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least one of them will make it out of the group stages I think. Cameroon or Nigeria are the ones I favor. Everyone knows teams like South Africa and Algeria are meat. Ivory Coast drew a difficult group and I think Ghana without Essien is also in trouble.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

As i said in some previous thread, i see at least 3 teams going through the groups.
    One of them will be South Africa, for the last 30 years the host of the WC reach at least round of 16. No way FIFA will leave the hosts empty handed
    At least one african teams at the quarters

knightof7
    knightof7's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Africa isn't that good but can FIFA really make their refs help them out?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    One of them will be South Africa, for the last 30 years the host of the WC reach at least round of 16. No way FIFA will leave the hosts empty handed
    Stats can be misleading:
    2006 - Germany
    2002 - South Korea (Hiddink)
    1998 - France
    1994 - USA (ok, they did Columbia. I was there)
    1990 - Italy
    1986 - Mexico
    1982 - Spain
    1978 - Argentina
    1974 - West Germany

But you may be right. Very few Africans from other African nations will be attending. The whole WC thing is way out of their price range. So to have any meaningful African presence will require that S. Africa go through.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

South Africa and Ivory Coast are the only teams that even have a shot.

radishman
    radishman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1617

Will 1 or more African Teams advance to Quarterf.?
    no @ +139

might be worth a shot

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ghana was just beaten easily in a friendly. Holland 4-1. Van der Vaart looked very sharp. Ghana looked terrible.

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Bumping this trend .
    LOL. I have Greeks to win @4.02 against Nigeria with a draw saver . I don't know if they gonna win,lose or draw ?
    Game tied 1:1 at the half .Nigeria is down to 10 men .

Read post #1 !

You keep betting African teams you will have no shirt left .
    I am not kidding .

GL.