Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Mexico to Progress Further Than USA

Can get odds of 2.16

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

This one is tricky. Mexico have been making it to the top 16 since the 80's, but usually hit a wall there. For one reason or another they trip up on that part of the tournament. Mexico advancing to the quarters looks good this year though, depending on the rival and how well they look getting out of the group stages (if they get out at all) so this is where you would make your money.

The biggest obstacle I think you might hit with this is both teams equally advancing and exiting in the round of 16. I see the U.S. advancing and exiting at R16 and if Mexico once again let's their constant R16 demons condemn them once again you're screwed. Can Aguirre help kill those demons? Not sure...

Me personally, as much as I love the Mexican national team, must objectively advise you to stay away. lol

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

If both teams make it to the R16 and both exit, then money is given back. I can't see the USA getting past the R16 and i even think the group stages will be tough for them.

Socrates

If that's the case, then it sounds like a great play. My only fear was by chance they both exit the same round. You're basically banking on Mexico making it to the quarters +. Since, at least in my opinion the U.S. has a decent chance of making it out of the group, but not past quarters, I just don't see it. The group stage will take a lot out of them because they're going to be in two dog fights and an ass kicking.

By the time that's over, they're mentally done, and satisfied with a R16 appearance.

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Good bet,although a R16 exit for both of them is the most probable outcome

mav924
    mav924's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree I can't see either making it past R16

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The book offering the bet must be thinking that Mexico won't make it out of the first round. As soon as they do, the bet is unlikely to lose, but may push.

So I would closely analyze Mexico's group.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Mexico will find it tough to qualify from their group, which contains France, Uruguay and the host nation South Africa(always a big advantage to play at home).

U.S.A on the other hand have an excellent chance to progress, along with England, from a group that includes minnows Slovenia and Algeria.

Gandev
    Gandev's Avatar Become A Pro!

This sounds like a very good bet.I might try it aswell

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i cant see mexico getting out the group , and usa have more favourable fixtures,

Socrates

Mexico will find a way to make it out of the group stage, I wouldn't bet that against them. Mexico haven't gone three and out since the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by althelegend View Post
    Mexico will find it tough to qualify from their group, which contains France, Uruguay and the host nation South Africa(always a big advantage to play at home). U.S.A on the other hand have an excellent chance to progress, along with England, from a group that includes minnows Slovenia and Algeria.
    I think France is only carrying their name around, but I don't know if they have enough bite to take out Uruguay or Mexico.

Slovenia and Algeria might not be power houses, but I see them in a serious dog fight with the U.S. to advance. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three made it out of the group.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

If Mexico gets 1st place in Group A this bet will be cash since they wont have to play Argentina in the round of 16