icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Euro 2008 qualifiers for October 13

Was away last weekend and for a bit of the week, so haven't been capping much at all. Was doing great in soccer, let's see what I can do here. I will probably add picks later as well.

England -2.5 and -3
    Estonia

Hoping I can get this at just -2.5, but Pinny is only showing dual handicapping. Still, I like my chances here. England have been on a tear lately in qualifiers, and should have no problems with Estonia. John Terry won't be playing, but Sol Campbel will be a suitable replacement for him. Also sidelined will be Emile Heskey, but Rooney and Lampard are back from injury, which will give the English an even bigger offensive boost. On the other side, Estonia have been pretty brutal, but they are a side that really had no chance to qualify anyways. They won't be able to contend with the strong English attack and will concede goals. The last meeting in Estonia went 3-0 for England, and I see the same or even more goals in this one.

Scotland pk and -0.5
    Ukraine

Scotland come off a huge win over France in their last qualifier and face Ukraine at Hampden Park. Scotland is full of confidence after their win over France and it will show in this game. Ukraine is in desperate straits if they want to qualify, so expect a good game from them, but I see Scotland prevailing here. Passion and pride go along way in sports, and these days Scotland have both.

Faroe Islands
    France -3

France comes off a shocking loss to Scotland in their last qualifier and will seek to erase any memories of that. Faroe Islands will be the cannon fodder here. France is going to want to prove they are contender for Euro 2008, so don't expect them to go lightly against Faroe Islands. Expect another trouncing of the Islands, much like their first meeting, which ended 5-0 in favor of "Les Bleus"

Belgium
    Finland pk and +0.5

Finland travel to Belgium with a real shot at nudging closer to a Euro 2008 birth. Finland is coming off some tough games against both Serbia and Poland, which both ended up 0-0. Finland will be up for this game given that they are closing in on a birth. Belgium meanwhile are all but out of the race and will try to play spoiler. Finland is one of those teams that don't get much credit in Euro circles, but is not a bad team. Granted they are in a weaker division, but they have played very well in these qualifiers. They get an extra half goal, so this is a very good play.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I will try three games over 2.5 goals this week.

1. Cyprus - Wales 1.80
    2. Moldova -Turkey 1.77
    3. Greece - Bosnia 1.77

1. Both teams play attacking football and score and concede easily.

2. Turkey's defense is weak so the offense needs to scores enough goals for the win. Goal differencial is needed for Turkey to advance in case of a tie.

3. Greece offense is on fire whereas Bosnia is in disarray.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play the draws in Romania/Netherlands and Denmark/Spain.

y2p731
    Go For Broke
    y2p731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Italy -2.5 over Georgia.

Italy...at home....big money.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by y2p731 View Post
    Italy -2.5 over Georgia.

Italy...at home....big money.