Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Once again, English teams dominate in Europe

Every year now, our teams either dominate the Champions League, or the Europa League.

Fulham have just gone to Wolsfburg and tamed Dzeko and Grafite, and Wolfsburg as a team. Liverpool took Benfica's 7 month unbeaten run, and p*ssed on it.

Unreal

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I think too many people overrated Benfica, simply because the Portoguese league is nowhere near the EPL. The tie ended 5-3, all 3 goals Benfica scored came from 2 penalties and 1 free kick, the 5 goals Liverpool scored were: 2 from corners, 1 well made thru ball for Lucas to finish, 1 beautiful counter attack by Liverpool and the last one another good thru ball for Torres to finish.

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

that's how european football is played boys

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Liverpool wins first UEL from history and saves a modest seasojn.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

yeah but no teams in cl final four
    Points Awarded:

rfr3sh gave lakerboy 95 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

The big teams need to strengthen some areas during the summer and get back to dominating the Champs League aswell.

A good night for English football

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

well LB, no matter how good you are, knock-out football is something else than a league competition. Be sure you won't see many english teams very high in UCl next season as well, because neighter Man city or tottenham wont be first seeded.

OvertimePlease
    OvertimePlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well man city and tottenham travel so poor they wont even make it past the first round.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

it's clear now that english football need liverpool on europe, not the other way round

you see how chelsea or man utd lose 2nd leg home game? liverpool wont have that same cruel fate. under rafa time, we're 7-1 in qualifying on europe competition when 2nd leg is on anfield. the only time we failed to qualify, is against benfica, late goals on away goals, and lot of missed chance on 2nd leg, talk bout "one of those days".

but i hope liverpool wont qualify for CL, that way we can concentrate on epl n let cl english domination suffer further. how bout no english club qualify group stage or only one??

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal by Fulham, reminds me about the run Middlesbrough had a few years ago..especially being down 0-2 at home I think both in quarterfinal and semifinal.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd give thumps-up to Fulham, but I wouldn't congratulate Liverpool over in their success in the Europa league! Liverpool have the resources to have challenged for a semi-final berth in the CL.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Unreal by Fulham, reminds me about the run Middlesbrough had a few years ago..especially being down 0-2 at home I think both in quarterfinal and semifinal.
    Almost, it was actually 3-0 down in both (on aggregate), 2-0 and 1-0 1st legs vs Basel and Steau and 4-1 and 4-2 2nd legs respectively. Dam i miss those days, Maccarone and Rochemback are still my heroes to this day

Enjoy it Fulham, because down the line you will employ a manager with no experience, who was your club captain and p*ss away all the good work the previous underrated manager had done (who then proves everyone wrong by taking a mediocre Dutch Club to the top of Eredivisie). And by 2015 you'll be in the Championship playing Rochdale, with a Scot in charge, and wondering why you bother

(It still runs deep in 'Boro)

nulldah

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    Almost, it was actually 3-0 down in both (on aggregate), 2-0 and 1-0 1st legs vs Basel and Steau and 4-1 and 4-2 2nd legs respectively. Dam i miss those days, Maccarone and Rochemback are still my heroes to this day Enjoy it Fulham, because down the line you will employ a manager with no experience, who was your club captain and p*ss away all the good work the previous underrated manager had done (who then proves everyone wrong by taking a mediocre Dutch Club to the top of Eredivisie). And by 2015 you'll be in the Championship playing Rochdale, with a Scot in charge, and wondering why you bother (It still runs deep in 'Boro)
    but maybe, this time the manager will retire instead. the other interesting fact, both teams at their best usually can tame big4. it cant get better than this. let's see the future prove us wrong
    Last edited by nulldah; 04-08-10 at 09:33 PM.

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline
    Barroco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

i hope fulham lift the cup, every time i have bet on them in europa league i have won.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Craven Cottagers

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I'd give thumps-up to Fulham, but I wouldn't congratulate Liverpool over in their success in the Europa league! Liverpool have the resources to have challenged for a semi-final berth in the CL.
    Completely agree. Liverpool can win the Europa Cup and still should not be praised. To not make it out of the knockout stages was laughable. In their group, they went winless in the 4 matches they had with Lyon & Fiorentina. Pathetic.

nulldah

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Completely agree. Liverpool can win the Europa Cup and still should not be praised. To not make it out of the knockout stages was laughable. In their group, they went winless in the 4 matches they had with Lyon & Fiorentina. Pathetic.
    to say not overachievable, i agree as liverpool fans. but to say pathetic, a EL trophy season still better than trophy-less season . To add it, as the knock out stage showed so far, our group is never easy to begin with. lyon now in semifinal, if not because of offside goal, fiorentina might be at the same stage as well. my respect to those two teams.

and if you asked me at the beginning of the season, a CL semifinal berth or even CL title with EL knock out meeting with atletico, i think i will choose the later. it means much more to torres, a REUNION with their fans
    Last edited by nulldah; 04-09-10 at 12:31 AM.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Fulham should win Europa, they deserve it especially after the Juve home game

Giuvara
    Giuvara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3033

Congratulations to Fulham,as I was expecting Liverpool to go through.We could see an all English Final,as the Cottagers seem to do just fine against German teams.