Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

-120 for Manchester Red Devils?! Are you kidding me?

BAYERN MUNICHEN
    VS
    MANCHESTER UNITED

I know Rooney is out but hey Manchester United -0.5 is a gift!
    Homecourt advantage (specially Old Trafford) is very important in soccer.

Of course, it's not banker/lock/GOM but good value on Red Devils in my opinion..

Manchester Red Devils -0.5 @ -120
    Last edited by Sawyer; 04-07-10 at 08:38 AM.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

today could be a huge day for the public or a blood bath...

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Agreed... On this as well...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Thats what i thought on Saturday when Chelsea came to town Munich is better than united right now- they ran riot on utd in the first leg and that was without robben and bastian.

dimon
    dimon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

any thoughts on over/under?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I had the Chelsea ML last time, and I can tell you right now I have the same feeling United are going to get scored on at least twice whether they win or not.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Homecourt advantage (specially Old Trafford) is very important in soccer.
    You can tell you ply your trade in the NBA

I don't think it will be so easy

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by dimon View Post
    any thoughts on over/under?
    Over is the best choice, i can see 4 goals in this one, probably a 2-2

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

United 7 (Valencia, Fletcher, Own Goal with 5) Bayern 1 (Robben).
    ....repeat of 2007 against AS Roma

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

have you seen how united play without rooney? i mean not just last game against chelsea. i think you will give second thought of it. the comparison is like liverpool without torres/gerrard. big possession, but no creativity at all, just passing the ball all around

for sure, M12 crowd will play big part. they can end up winning big, like against roma years ago or against city in carling cup earlier this season or getting totally outplayed like the last time milan thrashed them here

Sawyer

There's a SERIOUS difference between Manchester and Bayern. Old Trafford is a hell. It's not easy to beat Red Devils at Old Trafford. True line should be -160 for me since Manchester United lost first leg 2-1.

Football is being played with 11 players. Rooney is an important player but it doesn't mean that Red Devils will play with 10 players, LoL!

Not a lock/banker of course, it's Champions League and everything is possible. My pick is Manchester United. GL!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Old Trafford was remarkably quiet last Saturday when Chelsea dominated possession and the game from start to finish. You're betting on a big name with a lot of mediocre players. (Not entirely true. The Chelsea fans were noisy).

With Van Bommel and Schweinsteiger I would expect Bayern to win the battle on midfield. Scholes is the only creative player on United side, and is outmatched by those two.

Upfront, the most dangerous player on either side is Robben, back from injury. Ribery is not bad either. Who does United have upfront in that class? They did not create a single chance against Chelsea... Not one. The goal was a strange bounce.

It is quite telling that Van Gaal fears Berbatov the most, because the guy doesn't fit in at United at all. That was well illustrated this weekend by the contrast between his (in)effectiveness and Drogba who, after coming in as a substitute, needed just one chance to drive the ball into the net.

Manchester has already peaked for the season. Without Rooney they're just a bunch of hopefuls. They looked dreadful in their last 135 minutes on the pitch. Bayern is still improving. And much more complete than in the first encounter.

And let's face it. Van Der Sar is getting old. No longer a great goalie.

The only thing I don't like about this is that I may have talked myself into this. It seems too easy.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 04-07-10 at 11:40 AM.

pitman
    Gmbln isthesureway 2getnothin frm sumthn
    pitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

home team for the win

fuglyboy86hi
    fuglyboy86hi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Bayern pk, having a great value

RedDevil11

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Old Trafford was remarkably quiet last Saturday when Chelsea dominated possession and the game from start to finish. You're betting on a big name with a lot of mediocre players.

With Van Bommel and Schweinsteiger I would expect Bayern to win the battle on midfield. Scholes is the only creative player on United side, and is outmatched by those two.

Upfront, the most dangerous player on either side is Robben, back from injury. Ribery is not bad either. Who does United have upfront in that class? They did not create a single chance against Chelsea... Not one. The goal was a strange bounce.

It is quite telling that Van Gaal fears Berbatov the most, because the guy doesn't fit in at United at all. That was well illustrated this weekend by the contrast between his (in)effectiveness and Drogba who, after coming in as a substitute, needed just one chance to drive the ball into the net.

Manchester has already peaked for the season. Without Rooney they're just a bunch of hopefuls. They looked dreadful in their last 135 minutes on the pitch. Bayern is still improving. And much more complete than in the first encounter.

I look forward to this game. No bet yet.
    ??? Did you not watch the match on the weekend? Agreed, first half United were in shambles, but the last 30 minutes when we changed to a 4-4-2 we were the better side. Drogba scored, yes....Offside by a country mile though or did you miss that too like the linesman?

Scholes our most creative midfielder??? Ummm..NO. He can only make those long raking crosses...but too slow now to make any runs at defenders. Our most creative midfielders are Nani and Anderson.

Hey, and if we're so mediocre, how are we still challenging for the league title and CL once again? Not bad for a 'bunch of hopefuls'.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're not objective. lol

Offside yes. But do you think Manchester would have scored with a 1-0 score? Chelsea relaxed, because the game was won. And the Manu goal was questionable as well. They both counted because I needed the Over 2.5, so no complaints.

You're still challenging because you had a good run with Rooney. He's out. This was a good team with Rooney and Ronaldo. That was special. But this? Not so much. It must hurt. For a fan. But you know it's true. My team is Ajax, so...

obie
    obie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

I can guarantee you, that United will win today .. Every time Ferguson loses a match, he learns SO much. Look at that Roma game, losing in Italy, and then BLOW them away back on Old Trafford! Not saying that this will happend again, but Ferguson is exceptional to turn a game totally around. Bayern will be on their heels tonight !! United win for me, it pays SO well.

gshock1

Watching Sky Sports and there's some speculation that Rooney MIGHT START. Sounds like @ worst, he'll be a sub. Good morale boost if you ask me!

905prodigy
    905prodigy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

RedDevil11

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    You're not objective. lol

Offside yes. But do you think Manchester would have scored with a 1-0 score? Chelsea relaxed, because the game was won. And the Manu goal was questionable as well. They both counted because I needed the Over 2.5, so no complaints.

You're still challenging because you had a good run with Rooney. He's out. This was a good team with Rooney and Ronaldo. That was special. But this? Not so much. It must hurt. For a fan. But you know it's true. My team is Ajax, so...
    I do try to approach this game objectively...even if I'm a United supporter and live in Manc I am realistic about our chances. I never said we are going to beat Bayern tonight..I was only making a comment on your observations with our club. If we were a good team with Rooney and Ronaldo, then we had to have had good players besides these two...think that was proven when Ronaldo left. Yes we are not as good as before..that's obvious, but we're better than just medicrity and being a bunch of hopefuls. Unfortunately, our club is being run into the ground by a bunch of idiot owners.

Anyhow, to the match today, I am actually concerned moreso because of what SAF had hinted at yesterday in his press conference by playing 4-5-1 again with the same lineup. If he hasn't learned anything from the first leg and against Chelsea the first half, then we aren't going to win this game. We need to score and go for it, and the only way we do this is with a 4-4-2 and with Rafael at right back and Nani starting ahead of Scholes. If he's hinting at playing Macheda at some point (but not likely starting), then what does that say about his confidence in the 4-5-1. I just don't want to see a repeat of the last 2 matches...down a goal, then finally making changes with only 20 minutes to play....we're not going to win that way especially when we need to win comfortably for any chance to advance. So I'm certainly eager to see what the official lineup will be.

Good luck with your bets and to Ajax.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

im on them today, i agree. very good value!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man Utd will find it hard with a 4-5-1 formation. A 1-0 win could be achieved with a 4-5-1 formation but I doubt Bayern Munich can be shut out in this game. The game looks to me like a 1-1 game.

1H: Man Utd 1-0 Bayern Munich
    Full game: Man Utd 1-1 Bayern Munich

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    Anyhow, to the match today, I am actually concerned moreso because of what SAF had hinted at yesterday in his press conference by playing 4-5-1 again with the same lineup.
    I would be also. Berbatov up top by himself is worthless.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    I would be also. Berbatov up top by himself is worthless.
    With that formation, UNDER 2.5 (+100) looks to have great value.

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Breaking news:

• Wayne Rooney starts for Manchester United against Bayern Munich

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    Breaking news:

fergie is starting rooney tonight because he know if they win tonight, they are through to the final, because lyon or bordeaux in the semi's is practically a bye, rooney is blatantly not fully fit and fergie is taking a gamble, if it comes off and they win, fair enough, but i think this is a mistake, if he worsens his injury not only could they be out of the CL, but their PL run would be over too, i like the decision, even more so if it backfires lets hope the germans want rooney out of englands WC squad and crock him ASAP...

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by BetfairUser View Post
    fergie is starting rooney tonight because he know if they win tonight, they are through to the final, because lyon or bordeaux in the semi's is practically a bye, rooney is blatantly not fully fit and fergie is taking a gamble, if it comes off and they win, fair enough, but i think this is a mistake, if he worsens his injury not only could they be out of the CL, but their PL run would be over too, i like the decision, even more so if it backfires lets hope the germans want rooney out of englands WC squad and crock him ASAP...

I think it's good mainly because I'm in deep on United. Also took Rooney to score at about -110. Think it is GREAT value. And I don't give a rats ass if United slip up in the title race

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

shows what faith fergie has in the rest of the team

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    Breaking news:

Nice bonus

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Good luck Sawyer!

Sawyer

9.2M $ matched so far in 1x2 market.. (Betfair)

Wow!

gshock1

What a start!!!!

Sawyer

GoaL!!

MAN UTD 1-0!

Sawyer