betme
    hello
    betme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

question on ET (extra time)

why do some games have ET (extra time) after 90+5minutes and some games just play 90+ 1-5mins and finish ?

for example Legia Warsaw vs Ruch Chorzow today playing 90+ 3mins then going into ET, first time i've seen this.. is it special match or something ?

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Extra time is only used in knockout matches. If the game is tied they play 2x15 minutes more and then penalties.

Don't know this game exactly but I guess it was a cup game.

betme
    hello

score was 1-0 and they're in Extra Time right now.. is this 15mins ? and all Cups game going into ET ?

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

It sounds like it was a two legged match then betme, which the other team won 0-1 in the first leg. Therefore they play extra time as the overall score was 1-1 with one away goal each.

2 times 15 minutes they play.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by betme View Post
    score was 1-0 and they're in Extra Time right now.. is this 15mins ? and all Cups game going into ET ?
    The 2 teams play home and away and use the aggregate (or combined score). If the aggregate goals are equal (as well as the road goals, the 1st tie breaker) they go into extra time.

mygooglik
    mygooglik's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do some games have ET (extra time) after 90+5minutes and some games just play 90+ 1-5mins and finish ?

for example Legia Warsaw vs Ruch Chorzow today playing 90+ 3mins then going into ET, first time i've seen this.. is it special match or something ?
    It depends of kind of competition - in general Cup Legs may have same results for both games (for example 1-1 at home and 1-1 away) so the winner of ET of 2x15min will qualify next round (if ET no winner - penalty shoot outs come final score)

betme
    hello

damn, i have Under2 on that game... hoping the game will end so i can win...

so are they playing 2 x 15mins full or first team score wins ? or anyway this game will end with score 1-0 as it is now ?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

damn, i have Under2 on that game... hoping the game will end so i can win...

so are they playing 2 x 15mins full or first team score wins ?
    Your total play will not include the extra time, just the reg time plus the injury time. If you have under 2 its a winner.

betme
    hello

oh nice to know..thanks smitch