Club
    Club's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    Yes but it's the USA, americans don't like games that could finish 0-0
    Yes, I'm American and haven't started getting into soccer the last year or so (and trying to get my kids to play it) but I only have a couple of friends who follow it at all. I think the NFL, the NBA and college football have put in place certain rules that have lessened the entertainmewnt value of the sports, especially the NFL. I'm still a big NFL and college football fan but not as much as before. Fortunately, my Direct TV package added a couple of soccer channels- Fox Soccer Report and Goltv.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Tomorrow will be a good day for all of us.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't worry, lads. I'm a huge football/soccer fan, so I will be getting in arguments and stuff on here, just to keep this forum going.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Don't worry, lads. I'm a huge football/soccer fan, so I will be getting in arguments and stuff on here, just to keep this forum going.
    I like a good natured argument - i look forward to some good banter

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by Club View Post

Yes, I'm American and haven't started getting into soccer the last year or so (and trying to get my kids to play it) but I only have a couple of friends who follow it at all. I think the NFL, the NBA and college football have put in place certain rules that have lessened the entertainmewnt value of the sports, especially the NFL. I'm still a big NFL and college football fan but not as much as before. Fortunately, my Direct TV package added a couple of soccer channels- Fox Soccer Report and Goltv.
    Not to slag americans or anything - because i love the NFL but when they say ' the fox half time show brought to you by kfc' or 'the kfc half time show, sponsored by nike' or 'the nike sponsored kfc half time show brought to you by ford' it all gets a little silly.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What i like in many soccer threads and forums is the write ups. I'm not used to plain picks without arguments. When i'm taking decision i need a base to step on.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    I like a good natured argument - i look forward to some good banter
    Oh, **** off, you trophy virgins.

lakerboy

What i like in many soccer threads and forums is the write ups. I'm not used to plain picks without arguments. When i'm taking decision i need a base to step on.

Wirteups are good and you get many in the soccer forum and good ones at that but sometimes they can confuse you as well.

Slainte

Sorry for the offtopic but the american sports need relegation rule like in the soccer leagues. I'm not usa sports expert but that will definitely contribute to the games.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Problem lies that there are not a lot of teams in each sport in the US. In England and most of Europe, there are tons of footy teams so you can have a proper promotion and relegation format.

Smogs

Oh, **** off, you trophy virgins.
    Lol, i hope you mean Newcastle when you say that, 2004 was our last trophy...and we could have had a bigger one in 2006

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

We should have a best bet thread done daily, hopefully if you post a pick there will be some reasoning towards it. Would make a lot of us some extra cash.

mygooglik
    mygooglik's Avatar Become A Pro!

this site already crossed USA borders and this subforum will definetely grow anyway

SoV
    "Why always me"

Lol, i hope you mean Newcastle when you say that, 2004 was our last trophy...and we could have had a bigger one in 2006
    Haha, glad to see you got that one.

Geordie mate shared the banner your lot made for the game against them.

Club
    Club's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6158

Not to slag americans or anything - because i love the NFL but when they say ' the fox half time show brought to you by kfc' or 'the kfc half time show, sponsored by nike' or 'the nike sponsored kfc half time show brought to you by ford' it all gets a little silly.
    The major sports have become so much about money. I'm not even talking about how everything is sponsored by someone. In the NFL several years ago, they practically went to a running clock which led to fewer overall plays but the length of the total game stayed about the same, they just filled the extra space with commercials.

Smogs

Haha, glad to see you got that one.

Geordie mate shared the banner your lot made for the game against them.
    Yup, i was at the other end and it took me about half the game to realise what it said, and what the chant was, for once i couldn't understand my own accent

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you kidding with this thread? This sub-forum has as much activity in it as any. Just post picks, period. That's why this sub is successful. We don't worry about the BS that the other subs do about promoting yourself and your picks. Guys post picks here daily and I think the win % here is probably better than 60% combined. Let's not get side tracked, just continue as is.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    We should have a best bet thread done daily, hopefully if you post a pick there will be some reasoning towards it. Would make a lot of us some extra cash.

Very good idea Sharky

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Are you kidding with this thread? This sub-forum has as much activity in it as any. Just post picks, period. That's why this sub is successful. We don't worry about the BS that the other subs do about promoting yourself and your picks. Guys post picks here daily and I think the win % here is probably better than 60% combined. Let's not get side tracked, just continue as is.
    EP be a little more realistic please. There is hardly any discussion in this forum- the quality isnt what im talking about. That part is sound. And the promotion part happens here as well cause unlike yourself very few carry running threads and just make new posts about there big plays each day.

I aint here to ruin the good thing you got going just to try and invigorate a forum that has very good people and cappers(including yourself). You are the only one who has made a negative comment in this thread- seems odd.

Just trying to help- and i do post picks and i dont claim to be the greatest at it.

Slainte

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    Great idea

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

ill be all over the soccer forum this summer when the world cup comes along I cant wait!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Very good idea Sharky

EP be a little more realistic please. There is hardly any discussion in this forum- the quality isnt what im talking about. That part is sound. And the promotion part happens here as well cause unlike yourself very few carry running threads and just make new posts about there big plays each day.

I aint here to ruin the good thing you got going just to try and invigorate a forum that has very good people and cappers(including yourself). You are the only one who has made a negative comment in this thread- seems odd.

Just trying to help- and i do post picks and i dont claim to be the greatest at it.
    I have to agree with LB here, this forum is one of the best on the website, but it also has potential to become much better. Compared to other forums, the quality is there, but the activity definitely is not and we have to work to improve that.

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

Guys lets get this forum on the fukkin move we have a world cup starting in 11 weeks.
    I can't ****in wait!!

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by HCBoone View Post

I can't ****in wait!!
    I won't be able to keep it in check, i'll have to have a separate bankroll just for the world cup. This is going to be amazing.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

All Ima say is keep an eye out on the Serbs...we goin far this year

SoV
    "Why always me"

I'm half good at soccer picks. Might start a thread everyday to post picks.

SRBI

The daily best bet thread sounds like a really great idea...btw. We should start those up ASAP.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Very good idea Sharky
    Great idea

SRBI

Shark, since it was your idea...you should be the lead-man. Start the threads up

Smogs

line has dropped big time on Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Forest and love is coming in for Wolves. The line has moved away from Newcastle, Walsall and Rotherham.

Wonder how those games will turn out

SRBI

What line move did you see on Forest?

obie
    obie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

yes i will brother. tomorrow i will have my world cup preview
    Where is it dude

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    What line move did you see on Forest?
    Only minimal at bet365, 4/6 to 8/13, didn't look at oddschecker

SoV
    "Why always me"

Be sure to check out my FGS and AGS bets thread, lads.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Where is it dude

still working on it- might be delayed till tomorrow

guys who likes sevilla -1.5 ?

SoV
    "Why always me"

Too inconsistent for me.

First 123 Last