JRLM8
    JRLM8's Avatar Become A Pro!

CONCACAF Champions League

Champions League for North America starts up again on Tuesday.

Columbus Crew vs Toluca
    Columbus Crew Stadium
    March 9, 8:00 PM (ET)

Crew are missing their three best players, G.B. Schelotto, Frankie Hejduk, and Chad Marshall. On top of that, MLS teams are just now starting their pre-season. Crew drew 1-1 with KC Wizards last week in Arizona in their final tune up game.
    Crew lost in the last round 0-2 to Mexican side Cruz Azul at home (this was when MLS was in mid-season form).

Toluca are missing Edgar Duenas due to card accumulation. Other than that, it seems like they brought their top squad to America. Toluca beat D.C. United 3-1 in Washington D.C. in the last round. And the Mexican league is nine games into their new season. Toluca drew on the road against Atlas over the weekend giving up a very late equalizer. Toluca's last five: D, W, D, W, L

Head referee Courtney Campbell (Jamaica) has previously officiated five games involving Mexican club teams or national team. In those games, Mexico has won four of them including the 3-1 Toluca win over D.C. United. Also, he was in charge of the Gold Cup final in which he gifted Mexico a questionable PK.

Weather should not be a factor as the forecast is in the low 50's for game time tomorrow.

It is hard to imagine the MLS side having a chance in this game. Without Marshall to anchor the backline, they are looking at a Brunner-Iro partnership which is a scary thought for Ohio.

Currently, the odds are Toluca PICK -120. It seems like a pretty safe bet in a game that I am probably the one betting on. I am going with a small play on Toluca in this leg. And then a big play on Toluca in the return leg. MLS sides have only pulled two points on Mexican soil in their 10+ years of competition.

Hope this helped someone.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

so your saying Toluca and the Under should be a lock ?

JRLM8

Under is a bit iffy. I can't see Columbus scoring more than one here, but Toluca could open up their offense and net three or four.

I am more confident in just betting Toluca.

ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah good pick, Toluca should win considering Crew aren't even in good shape yet and the timing is horribly off.

JRLM8

Game ended 2-2. So Push on the bet. I would strongly recommend to double the bet on Toluca in the return leg. MLS teams with only two points on Mexican soil in 10+years. Return leg is next week. I will bump this thread when it is closer.

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Toluca all the way

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I woulda said Toluca but it pushed.

rumple
    rumple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12801

Toluca seems square next time.

ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JRLM8 View Post
    Game ended 2-2. So Push on the bet. I would strongly recommend to double the bet on Toluca in the return leg. MLS teams with only two points on Mexican soil in 10+years. Return leg is next week. I will bump this thread when it is closer.
    but be careful with this, 0-0 and 1-1 put toluca through anyway.

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline
    Barroco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Toluca has done this constantly they are up in the scoreboard and they park the bus and are eventually caught up.