yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

the english got so mad that they lost ,,they start kicking and punchin every italian that come out of the stadium,,,unreal,,,i saw the video,,,unbelivable

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Bro I don't believe that surely there where only a few incidents

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    the english got so mad that they lost ,,they start kicking and punchin every italian that come out of the stadium,,,unreal,,,i saw the video,,,unbelivable
    They feel entitled, and when things don't go the way of the entitled they go into full eight year old mode,

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

After reading this entire thread I've come to the conclusion black people can run like the wind but kinda suck at soccer and blew England's chances. Maybe they should stick to basketball.

BLM!!!

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

England should have known DONNARUMMA is a beast at saving penalty

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

seldom went to PKs but coach would pull us together and say, "well, who wants one ?"

you could tell looking into the eyes who was confident

they would bury it

we had a 6' 4" Swedish goalkeeper with soft hands

but the 5'9" Italian kid backup stepped in COLD for penalties he was a savant (R.I.P.)

we never lost shootout

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Funny you should mention Kobe.

I'll cut to the chase as to keep this not that long winded.

Kobe Bryant is the all time clutch performer in NBA history according to the NBA metrics.

Long story short, 287 FG clutch time attempts, Kobe is 97 for 287. Best in the playoff clutch metric era.

(Jordan and Bird comes in incomplete because a lot of their playoff games came before such stats were recorded)
    But the numbers geeks pretty much agree 1) Kobe (proven) 2) Jordan 3) Bird.

Now, agree or disagree with Paul George, those numbers don't lie despite the misses free throws.
    (IF I can get those numbers in a PDF file I'll post them.
    No need to post. I'm just saying that sometimes the eye test is the best measure. The eye test never fails. And sometimes, there are those variables I mentioned that metrics and alogrithms and whatnot cannot account for. To me, Dame Lillard was the clutchest player in the playoffs this year, by far, even though he only played in 1 round. We saw him do something that we've probably never seen in NBA history.

So when it comes to soccer, you saw in the world cup in 2014, Higuaine missed a wide open net that could have probably won the world cup for Argentina. I think he missed 2, and was awful the entire tournament. This is a guy who was one of the top strikers and goal scorers in the world, hitting at an incredible rate. But the pressure got to him. Maybe he dealt with that pressure in his club games in the clutch, but when it came to playing on the biiggest stage in the world, he melted down.

Look at what's happening to Deavin Booker in this series so far. One of the clutchest players all playoffs, all season, but he has been pretty bad this series in the 4th quarter. Is the presure of playing on a much bigger stage getting to him now? The metrics don't account for these things.

The point being, Sterling was the best player for England all tournament, and so it would have been wise to reward him for that, regardless of what any metrics say about his PK ability.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Horrible athletes on these teams in euro soccer

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

They feel entitled, and when things don't go the way of the entitled they go into full eight year old mode,
    Who feels entitled English people?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Who feels entitled English people?
    English soccer fans.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

If you're going to take a penalty kick at least fake the confidence, if the goal keeper knows you're nervous or look like shitting yourself then they won't pick a side hoping the kick is weak enough they can block it

packerd_00

English soccer fans.
    No we dont dude, you get assholes in everything. Most English Soccer fans are passionate as f@ck is what they are. You guys expect to be the best at your main Sports right? It's no different with us.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-14-21 at 11:35 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Those three black England soccer players better hide out for a while.. Talk about a lynching in modern times, this could be it..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-euros-defeat/

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    England should have known DONNARUMMA is a beast at saving penalty

I thought the rule was the keeper can't move forward

He moved forward on every one of those. It seems like one of those rules that just doesn't get called, like carrying turnovers in the NBA

*Nevermind. I guess he is keeping one foot on the line at the time of the kick
    Last edited by dlowilly; 07-15-21 at 01:08 AM.

paulll
    paulll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Can you imagine the abuse if 3 white first generation Nigerians missed 3 penalties to lose the African Cup of Nations?
    You are damn right. These are the realities of the modern world

stevenash

No we dont dude, you get assholes in everything. Most English Soccer fans are passionate as f@ck is what they are. You guys expect to be the best at your main Sports right? It's no different with us.
    I'm going to walk back that statement of mine.
    I apologize.
    I rarely blanket generalize groups of people, that was unfair of me.
    I take it back.

I know better, there's good in all races, religions, etc. and bad.

Thing is not just the US media but the global media portrayed the English as very poor sports after that loss and I (and others) got caught up in that.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Watch this video. Very disturbing.

packerd_00

I'm going to walk back that statement of mine.
    I apologize.
    I rarely blanket generalize groups of people, that was unfair of me.
    I take it back.

I know better, there's good in all races, religions, etc. and bad.

Thing is not just the US media but the global media portrayed the English as very poor sports after that loss and I (and others) got caught up in that.
    It's all good mate, I just wanted to make my feelings felt on that one because we get a lot of unfair backlash over in Europe. A lot of people don't like us over here.

I know you guys over in the States don't follow the English Football as much, so you don't get the full story.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-15-21 at 10:09 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Those three black England soccer players better hide out for a while.. Talk about a lynching in modern times, this could be it..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-euros-defeat/
    Mate you know the media love this sort of garbage, they swarm to it like bees to honey.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-15-21 at 10:26 AM.

Goat Milk

Mate you know the media love this sort of garbage, they swarm to it like bees to honey.
    It is hard to believe that English teams of 10-12 yrs ago or so could never win anything. This squad was nothing compared to that, yet advanced further. I do not know how England will fair in the WC but my guess is, even though they are one of the favorites to win it all, they won't go far. I can't remember the last non-stacked team that won a world cup.

Goat Milk

USA is such a joke when it comes to soccer. We are training our kids at an early age, but then by the time they get to like 14/15, the love for soccer dies and they play other sports like football and bsketball.

For such a big nation, the generations of mediocrity on the world stage have been tough to watch.

How hard can it be to find athletes in this massive country to play this sport. It's ridiculous.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It is hard to believe that English teams of 10-12 yrs ago or so could never win anything. This squad was nothing compared to that, yet advanced further. I do not know how England will fair in the WC but my guess is, even though they are one of the favorites to win it all, they won't go far. I can't remember the last non-stacked team that won a world cup.
    England will have a great chance to win it. You are thinking of big names that's why from the past. This England team is so stacked they can field two teams. The reason England lost in the years past also something to do with who they were playing.

1990. They lost in the world cup semi final to the champion west Germany. That west Germany side was a great team.

1994- didn't make it

1998-they ran into a very good Argentina side that had batistuta and zanetti not to mention Simeone.

2002. They lost to that great Brazil team of Ronaldo

2006. They lost to Portugal on pks when Rooney lost his head.

2010- Germany slapped them around but that England team was not good.

2014-they were in the group of death with Uruguay and Italy. Tough group.

2018 lost in the semi finals.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It fuels the fake news media.. Great for ratings..

Race bait division hate, Trump hate, White hate, Cop hate, etc. That's the Democratic agenda.. No secret there in America and probably in the UK also now.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I don't see color, didn't notice they were black.

We are all one.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    England will have a great chance to win it. You are thinking of big names that's why from the past. This England team is so stacked they can field two teams. The reason England lost in the years past also something to do with who they were playing.

1990. They lost in the world cup semi final to the champion west Germany. That west Germany side was a great team.

1994- didn't make it

1998-they ran into a very good Argentina side that had batistuta and zanetti not to mention Simeone.

2002. They lost to that great Brazil team of Ronaldo

2006. They lost to Portugal on pks when Rooney lost his head.

2010- Germany slapped them around but that England team was not good.

2014-they were in the group of death with Uruguay and Italy. Tough group.

2018 lost in the semi finals.
    I mean it's the world cup, you're always going to face a great team. They will face more great teams next year. I do not see them as being stacked. I mean if the best player on your team is Harry Kane, there is a problem. But we'll see. They are a very strong defense. I do not see them surrendering too many goals.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

I mean it's the world cup, you're always going to face a great team. They will face more great teams next year. I do not see them as being stacked. I mean if the best player on your team is Harry Kane, there is a problem. But we'll see. They are a very strong defense. I do not see them surrendering too many goals.
    Lol what's wrong with Harry Kane? Has 3 Premier League golden boots and a second place playing for Spurs. He would walk onto nearly (probably all) every team in the worlds starting side.

English football just has a bottle it mentality it's hard to get over that when it's ingrained in you, 2 out of 10 or whatever it is penalty shootout losses in big tournaments isn't just unlucky. English media doesn't help, ironically this Euros even the media was going in with low expectations and not hyping them up (like usually anyway) and what do you know the team performs well.

packerd_00

Yeah we've improved tenfold since than, even five years ago was light years behind. Losing to Iceland in the round of 16 was enough to wake a lot of people up to the problems we we're having. We needed to seize the moment against Italy, as those chances don't come along everyday. Maybe we will get there again in the WC I'm hoping, either way we've become a good side which is half the battle.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 07-16-21 at 09:29 AM.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    It fuels the fake news media.. Great for ratings..

Race bait division hate, Trump hate, White hate, Cop hate, etc. That's the Democratic agenda.. No secret there in America and probably in the UK also now.
    Yep I mean there was a story over here that one of the players that missed one of the shots had racial slurs painted on his mural in Manchester, turned out that was made up by the media.

We do have race bait division here as well although maybe not as bad with the Cop hate.

lakerboy

Yep I mean there was a story over here that one of the players that missed one of the shots had racial slurs painted on his mural in Manchester, turned out that was made up by the media. You guys have CNN and NBC we have BBC and Sky News.

We have a race bait division here as well although maybe not as bad with the Cop hate.
    So the rashford mural wasn't vandalized?

packerd_00

So the rashford mural wasn't vandalized?
    Yeah but all they wrote was bastard sure it's a mean thing to do but it was not racial abuse which is what BBC said.

lakerboy

Yeah but all they wrote was bastard sure it's a mean thing to do but it was racial abuse like the Media focused on.
    Oh okay. I guess LeBron put out the story

packerd_00

Oh okay. I guess LeBron put out the story
    Funny that's exactly what came to mind when I heard the story.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Tears as defaced mural of ‘saint’ Marcus Rashford becomes a shrine to decency

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Lol what's wrong with Harry Kane? Has 3 Premier League golden boots and a second place playing for Spurs. He would walk onto nearly (probably all) every team in the worlds starting side.

English football just has a bottle it mentality it's hard to get over that when it's ingrained in you, 2 out of 10 or whatever it is penalty shootout losses in big tournaments isn't just unlucky. English media doesn't help, ironically this Euros even the media was going in with low expectations and not hyping them up (like usually anyway) and what do you know the team performs well.
    Nothing wrong with him, he's a very good player. But you just look at some of the teams who have won the world cup the last 20 years, these teams are all stacked with legendary players. Like who is the second best player on England? Sterling? Come on. That's not enough imo.

First 123