DiamondJack
    DiamondJack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7947

Poland
    Poland play Sweden in the last match of the group stage so that could be a case of get a point each to qualify with 4 if you can take care of business versus Slovakia. Poland had a decent run last Euros reaching the quarter finals before going out on PK's to eventual winner Portugal. With FIFA player of the year Lewandowski along with Milik, Linetty & Zielinski there is no shortage of firepower. There is the unknown factor in their manager Paulo Sousa who has only been at the helm for 3 games. The 2nd place team in this group plays the second place team in Englands weak group so I'm betting
    11. Poland to reach the QF @ 3.25/+225 (1 Unit) WillHill
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

DiamondJack

Slovakia
    The Slovaks come into the Euros after winning a playoff versus Northern Ireland. Marek Hamsik in not the same anymore at 33 and their star is a CB from Inter Milan Skriniar. I am not impressed by draws versus Cyprus & Malta in World cup qualification in March. There is no value backing them to finish bottom. I fully expect them to try to park the bus. A 9-7-4 record since 2019 also does not impress. If i was not worried about Sweden I would have bet exact team points Slovakia zero @ 3.50/+250.
    Last edited by DiamondJack; 05-26-21 at 05:13 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Thanks for the writeups, Jack. In his prime, wow, Hamsik was a live wire.

DiamondJack

Group F
    There have been so called groups of death before, but nothing comes close to this group that contain 3 contenders which include the past 3 major tournament winners. France last world cup 2018, Portugal last Euro 2016 & Germany the second last world cup 2014. One has to feel for the 4th team Hungary who will try to play the spoiler.
    1. France 2-0-1 2-1 6
    2. Portugal 1-2-0 3-2 5
    3. Germany 1-1-1 3-3 4
    4. Hungary 0-1-2 2-4 1

DiamondJack

Germany
    Germany are slight favorites ahead of France to top the group. J Low is going to be gone after the Euros being replaced by Flick, and its hard to say whether the manager wants to leave on a high or he just could not care less. Germany will benefit from having three of their games at home. I am concerned with some recent suspect results such as a 6-0 loss to Spain and most recently a 2-1 defeat to North Macedonia. There is zero value odds wise backing Germany. I expect them to qualify but I do not see them winning the trophy.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Jack, if u like Soccer:

*Take a look at Stephen Gerrard's book "My Story".

Been listening to it on AudioBooks.com. I have enjoyed it. Stevie tells a good story.

DiamondJack

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Jack, if u like Soccer:

*Take a look at Stephen Gerrard's book "My Story".

Been listening to it on AudioBooks.com. I have enjoyed it. Stevie tells a good story.
    Being a Liverpool fan I should have this book but I do not, It will go on my Fathers day list

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Group C is a scalene triangle.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Macedonia will get 1 point. Hope I'm wrong and it's more than that. Don't want to cry.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Macedonia will get 1 point. Hope I'm wrong and it's more than that. Don't want to cry.
    Can never be this bad though...

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
    Italy
    There is no better in form team than Italy heading into the Euros. Italy is undefeated in their past 25 games. Since 2019; 60GF 6GA with 15 clean sheets. They have all their 3 games at home in Rome. I see Italy looking to make up for not making it to the last World Cup in Russia. Italy only won the Euros once back in 1968, could this be their time?. I see them making a deep run, I love the value for Italy to win at 12-1 odds as I see them just as big as a threat as the other favorites just not priced correctly so;
    1. Italy to win Euro 2020 @ 12.00/+1100 (1Unit) Bet365
    A rocket launch is more likely than Italy winning this Euro...

France should be respected as champions, but England are the favs.

Not going to lie, this Euro has Euro2000 vibes.

Got a feeling this is going to be my worst tournament to date because of emotions, but I'm going to bet futures on: Netherlands, Austria, and Sweden. Remember gambling is for fun!

DiamondJack

France
    The second contender in this group and the reigning World Cup champions are my pick to top this group. They won versus Portugal 1-0 back in November & they also defeated Germany in 2018 2-1 both in the Nations league. You can get +170 for France to top the group. I will however wait after their opening fixture vs Germany in Munich in which they are underdogs to pull the trigger. Everyone knows they are solid up front with the likes of Mbappe, Griezmann, Benzema & Giroud but I think their captain goalkeeper Hugo Lloris is not as good as Mike Maignon from Lille but I guess he has the "experience".

DiamondJack

Ryermkd---Good Luck to you

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Germany & Portugal

DiamondJack

Portugal
    The last of the trio of contenders are the defending champions who will try to do what only the Spanish were able to do and repeat as champions in 2008/2012. Christiano Ronaldo is 36 and there are of course questions of whether or not he still has the old magic. Form wise since 2019 Portugal have only lost twice, once to the Ukraine & to France. The last time they played Hungary it was a 3-3 result at the last Euros. I have them coming in 3rd largely do to the fact they will play in Budapest to a full pro Hungarian crowd & versus Germany in Munich. The odds backing Portugal have shortened from 16-1 to 8-1, no play from me as of yet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

DiamondJack

Hungary
    Finishing off the group are the unfortunate Hungarians that have been basically written off by the books. If Hungary are to do anything their Leipzig trio of Orban, Gulasci & Szoboselai will have to be in form as they are the spine of this side. Form wise Hungary come into the tournament unbeaten in their past 9 games, including wins versus the likes of Croatia & Turkey. Their first 2 games will be at home in Budapest to the only full house stadium at the Euros. The 2 games are versus Portugal & France and I do fancy them to get a result in one of them so;
    12. Hungary total points 1 @ 3.25/+225 (1 Unit) Bet365

DiamondJack

Summing up my dozen futures, all for 1 unit
    1. Italy to win Euro 2020 @ 12.00/+1100
    2. Group forecast 1. ITA 2. TUR @ 3.60/+260
    3. Wales to finish bottom @ 2.25/+125
    4. Immobile Top Scorer @ 21.00/+2000
    5. Belgium to win Group B @ 1.72/-139
    6. Group forecast 1. BEL 2. DEN @ 2.87/+187
    7. Highest scoring team Belgium @ 2.87/+187
    8. Finland exact points 0 @ 3.00/+200
    9. North Macedonia exact points 1 @ 3.40/+240
    10. Scotland to qualify @ 2.50/+150
    11. Poland to reach QF @ 3.25/+225
    12. Hungary exact points 1 @ 3.25/+225
    Nomination(s):

Al Guapo
    Al Guapo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Wow..i read all the write ups and may i say very detailed info. I think i will follow suit

DiamondJack

List of 3 contenders that should be in the Semis;
    France, Belgium & Italy
    List of 3 outsiders that could join them
    Turkey, Denmark & Poland
    A list of 3 pretenders that should outperform & cover
    Scotland, North Macedonia & Hungary

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Which books has over/under of players goal totals?

DiamondJack

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I have never seen an over/under on a players total goals unless its a prop most likely for England for Kane or maybe Ronaldo. For that you might have to wait for a day or 2 prior to the kickooff of the tournament & check for specials.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
    I have never seen an over/under on a players total goals unless its a prop most likely for England for Kane or maybe Ronaldo. For that you might have to wait for a day or 2 prior to the kickooff of the tournament & check for specials.
    They had them for the world cup for all the top players.

Risto234
    Risto234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10319

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Looks like Unibet has several player markets out already such as which player collects most cards during the tournament.
    Also for "Player X to score ... over/under goals" they seem to have atleast 56 selected players ...

DiamondJack

Al Guapo---
    Risto--- Thanks for the heads up

DiamondJack

Adding 2 team props

13. Czech Rep Total team goals UNDER 3.5 @ 1.90/-111 (1u) Bet365
    14. Denmark Total Team goals OVER 5.5 @ 2.10/+110 (1u) Bet365

DiamondJack

My last future bet is
    15. Denmark to reach the Semi Finals @ 5.00/+400 (1u) Bet365

DiamondJack

Italy v Turkey
    Turkey are the second youngest side in the tournament, they can give you great results such as beating the Netherlands and drawing Germany or they can stink it up like losing to Hungary and drawing with Latvia. I think knowing they will have their last 2 games in Baku (almost home) they will play not to lose in Rome. Turkeys last 4 opponents have been very poor sides Latvia #128 Azerbaijan #110 Guinea #72 & Moldova #177. Italy will be ready their past 8 results have been all wins & all clean sheets. In fact 14 of their past 17 games they kept a clean sheet. All one has to do is look at their 3 WC qualifiers for their MO, 2-0 results in all 3 games. There is no value on the ML but I do like;
    1. Italy win to NIL @ 2.25/+125 (1U) Bet365
    Last edited by DiamondJack; 06-07-21 at 11:31 AM.

DiamondJack

Switzerland v Wales
    The Swiss are very strong at the back. Petkovic is a defensive minded manager. In the past 13 games the Swiss have only allowed 16 and half of those were to Germany, Spain & Belgium. Wales on the other hand in their past 13 games have only managed to score 10 goals. The Swiss know that if there is any attack its going to go through Gareth Bale and he is on the wrong side of 30. This game will be played in the afternoon heat of Baku. The conditions will not be beneficial to ether side and I see a cagey affair with a score line of 0-0 or 1-0 to the Swiss. I am leaning on HT/FT Draw Draw @ 4.75/+375 but for now two plays for me from this match;
    2. Wales/Switzerland to DRAW @ 3.10/+210 (1U) Bet365
    3. Wales/Switzerland UNDER 1.5 @ 2.75/+175 (1u) Bet365
    Points Awarded:

cecil127 gave DiamondJack 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiamondJack

Denmark v Finland
    Of all the opening games in this tournament this one has the potential to get ugly. Denmark will be playing at home in Copenhagen coming into this game undefeated in the past 28 games aside from 2 loses to Belgium. Finland are winless in their past 6 including loses to Wales, Switzerland, Sweden and even Estonia. These sides have not met head to head in a while, but looking at their results versus teams they faced. Versus Bosnia, Denmark wins 2-0 Finland ties 2-2. Versus Sweden, Denmark wins 2-0 Finland loses 2-0. There is no value on the ML & I was leaning on anytime goalscorer Eriksen but for now since Denmark have 13 wins of 2 goals plus I'm taking;
    4. Denmark -1 @ 1.91/-110 (1u) Bet365
    5. Denmark HT/FT DEN/DEN @ 2.37/+137 (1u) Bet365

DiamondJack

Belgium v Russia
    The last game on Saturday will take place in St. Petersburg to a pro Russia crowd. The last 2 times these two sides met were both victories for Belgium 3-1 & 4-1. Russia is poor at the back having only one clean sheet in the past 7 games. Belgium since 2019 average 3.17 goals per game with a record of 19W 3D 1L in comparison to Russia who are 2W 4L 4D recently. Belgium have the oldest & most experienced squad at the Euros so it is basically now or never for the golden generation. Belgium in their past 30 games have scored at least once & in 23 of those games 2 or more. I am leaning on BTTS Yes, but I like this pair better;
    6. Belgium Team Total Goals OVER 1.5 @ 1.91/-110 (2u) Bet365
    7. Belgium -1 @ 2.30/+130 (1u) Bet365

-FlawlessKid
    -FlawlessKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9342

Great write ups DJ! Love it.

I have been building up large future bets with Euro Winners over the last 6 months combining them with other sports for big odds. Basically 4 teams I felt most comfortabel with taking the trophy: France/England/Belgium/Italy.

The problem is I don't feel as confident with England anymore as I did for a lot of months building up to this. Main reasons: a) they will top group and face a very strong side b) Southgate not having fixed tactics and squad and some injury problems. Same goes for Belgium, I still regard them as favorite mainly due their draw to possible final, however Kevin de Bruyne almost certainly not in top form due surgeries is a big blow for them. France almost too good to be true but in a very hard group stage + the fact that back to back winners is very uncommon, but still clear favorite obviously. Italy is starting to grow on me, I always considered them to be the dark horse of the tournament but as Euros come closer I am starting to feel like they should me among top 3 favorites also because of their draw to possible final.

One question for you since you seem well informed. If there is one bet you would hedge those 4 with, what would it be?

Thank you in advance!

k13

Quote Originally Posted by -FlawlessKid View Post
    Great write ups DJ! Love it.

I have been building up large future bets with Euro Winners over the last 6 months combining them with other sports for big odds. Basically 4 teams I felt most comfortabel with taking the trophy: France/England/Belgium/Italy.

The problem is I don't feel as confident with England anymore as I did for a lot of months building up to this. Main reasons: a) they will top group and face a very strong side b) Southgate not having fixed tactics and squad and some injury problems. Same goes for Belgium, I still regard them as favorite mainly due their draw to possible final, however Kevin de Bruyne almost certainly not in top form due surgeries is a big blow for them. France almost too good to be true but in a very hard group stage + the fact that back to back winners is very uncommon, but still clear favorite obviously. Italy is starting to grow on me, I always considered them to be the dark horse of the tournament but as Euros come closer I am starting to feel like they should me among top 3 favorites also because of their draw to possible final.

One question for you since you seem well informed. If there is one bet you would hedge those 4 with, what would it be?

Thank you in advance!
    Germany

DiamondJack

I do not like hedging, always considered it betting against yourself. Unless you have a very big stake. France play Germany in the first game so take the loser of that game at much improved odds.

DiamondJack

England v Croatia
    England has a chance here to avenge their World cup extra time loss to Croatia in the semis back in 2018. The game is in London and the last time these two sides met, England won 2-1 in the Nations league. Form wise England come into the game winners of 6 straight, while only giving up one goal in that stretch to Poland. England's last 16 home games, 15 wins and only one loss to Denmark. Croatia on the other hand away from home recently have a record of 2W 4D 9L. Croatia are in decline, the three lions have too much quality England wins this easy. Harry Kane has scored an England record 10 PK's in international play. He also scored in that 2-1 win vs Croatia their last meeting so lets try;
    8. Harry Kane to score anytime @ 2.38/+138 (1u) Bet365
    9. England ML @ 1.80/-125 (2u) Bet365

DiamondJack

Austria v North Macedonia
    Even though the Austrians defeated North Macedonia 2-1 & 4-1 both home and away during the qualifiers back in 2019, I fancy this to be more of a tight contest. First form wise Austria have struggled as on late with only one win in their past 6 games and that was to the Faroe Islands. Austria has also failed to score in the last 3 games. North Macedonia on the other hand come into the match having only lost two of their past 14 games including that famous win versus Germany. The game will be in Bucharest to a largely pro Macedonian crowd. I see a low scoring game perhaps old man Goran Pandev to score. I will wait for the lineups for that prop. Right now I like;
    10. North Macedonia +1 @ 1.94/-106 (1u) Bet365
    11. North Macedonia UNDER 2 @ 2.08/+108 (1u) Bet365

First 12345 Last