JRLM8
    JRLM8's Avatar Become A Pro!

International Friendlies March 2-3

First of all, these are friendlies and motives are never certain so no one is going to recommend putting the house on any of these bets. That said, it is good entertainment for a small wager.

Tuesday:
    Brazil vs Ireland (In London, England)

Brazil's projected line up:
    --------------Júlio César-------------

--Maicon--Lúcio--Juan--Michel Bastos--

-----------Gilberto Silva-------------

-------Ramires---------Felipe Melo----

----------------Kaká------------------

--------------------------Robinho-----

---------------Adriano----------------

Ireland:
    Starting XI: Given, Kelly, McShane, St. Ledger, Kilbane, Lawrence, Andrews, Whelan, Duff, Best, Doyle.

Keane could replace Best after being cleared to play yesterday.

O'Shea and Dunne are the major absentees for Ireland. Luis Fabiano is out for Brazil.

What does everyone like here? My book has Brazil -1 at -160. Over 2.5 goals at -110 is tempting. But Dunga's Brazilian side has struggled to find the back of the net at times. Any thoughts or leans?

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Sounds like England is playing a strong lineup. I love the over in New Zealand / Mexico

ClydeFontaine
    ClydeFontaine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to tread lightly on these sets of friendlies. Mostly I will be fading World Cup teams against lesser unqualifying opponents. The WC squads will be tinkering with things and their opponents will be looking for statement wins. The value lies in fading the WC teams imo.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

o2.5 looks good

JRLM8

Quote Originally Posted by spartangreen View Post
    I love the over in New Zealand / Mexico
    Me too. Mexico at the Rose Bowl is pretty much their second home. They will come out firing in front of a decent crowd.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silva is the weakest link in the Brazilian team. IDK why they still need his ass.

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

I laid the chalk and the goal,figuring Ireland is not sending their best squad and Brazil 2nd squad is that much better

Wilforth
    Update your status

Looks like a win for Brazil but can't lay that much of a chalk on a friendly game.

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Looks like a win for Brazil but can't lay that much of a chalk on a friendly game.
    I agree it is a lot of juice but -1 is only -138 at 5Dimes. . Small play on the over for me and will hope for some goals. If the -1 line drops a little more, then I will play it.

ji03
    ji03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

got Brazil too

diamond
    diamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

As you said, its a friendly, stay away.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Best pick out there is that Mexico over. Friendlies at this time are for coaches to look at players to finalize world cup rosters. Avoid them.

JRLM8

No one likes the value in Spain?

I am waiting on the spread, I am hoping it will be PICK. This team has one loss in their last 30 something games. Add to that strike Fernando Torres said that they want revenge against France for 2006 World Cup.

I haven't been terribly impressed with France lately. Their three friendlies at home last year were against Turkey (1-0 win), Nigeria (0-1 loss) and Argentina (0-2 loss). Plus, Gallas and Saha are out for the home side.

Spain's midfield just seems too strong for France. I don't think the French care too much about the result and Spain is just the better team.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

On these friendlies do not forget that World Cup National teams are to be decided soon and lot of players need to prove them to be worthy to get the invitation. I´d play on the stronger sides all the games.

Same for the proving goes also to the U21 European Champs Qualification games.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JRLM8 View Post
    No one likes the value in Spain?

I am waiting on the spread, I am hoping it will be PICK. This team has one loss in their last 30 something games. Add to that strike Fernando Torres said that they want revenge against France for 2006 World Cup.

I haven't been terribly impressed with France lately. Their three friendlies at home last year were against Turkey (1-0 win), Nigeria (0-1 loss) and Argentina (0-2 loss). Plus, Gallas and Saha are out for the home side.

Spain's midfield just seems too strong for France. I don't think the French care too much about the result and Spain is just the better team.
    Even in friendlies, Spain is money.

Winpro
    Winpro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5351

Hi all!
    Could anybody help me to know who'll be the referee of Brazil vs Ireland match?
    Can't find out that info anywhere...

swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a few of you said, that Mexico over looks good.
    I'll likely be on Spain as well as I don't see how France could beat them, even in a friendly and even in France.

citlec
    citlec's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going to stay away from these international friendlies.

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The dutch are money against the USA at -200. The USA defense is their achillies heel, they will never be able to withstand the relentless attacks that the Dutch will push aginst them.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    The dutch are money against the USA at -200. The USA defense is their achillies heel, they will never be able to withstand the relentless attacks that the Dutch will push aginst them.
    I like the over here.

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I'm not too sure. Sure - Holland might be a winner but the US soccer team has taken great leaps forward the last couple of years. Remember how they brushed aside Spain and gave Brazil a scare in last year's Confederations Cup? Holland are great and all but I'd need a bit higher odds to play them in this one.

I'd also be slightly worried about playing England against Egypt at that prize.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

thinking i will be taking the Under in Brazil 2.5 -104 at 5Dimes. Il Trap has this team playing defense and they sure as shit won't be scoring any goals on their own. you call it: Brazil 1 or 2 nil.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took Brazil -1, hoping they realize this will be a decent warm up against a team that should have made the tourney.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im leaning Brazil ML. But I dont wanna pay the juice then have them disapoint me. IDK its like I cant BUY a winner in soccer it seems.

JRLM8

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    I'm not too sure. Sure - Holland might be a winner but the US soccer team has taken great leaps forward the last couple of years. Remember how they brushed aside Spain and gave Brazil a scare in last year's Confederations Cup? Holland are great and all but I'd need a bit higher odds to play them in this one.
    Americans are terrible in Europe. We have like one win in the last decade while playing in Europe (and that was against Poland). Plus Onyewu, Davies, and Dempsey are all out with long term injuries.

Our defense is kind of a patch job. Our midfield changes each game. And Jozy Altidore up top by himself probably won't worry the Dutch defense too much.

I would not be surprised if Sneijder and Robben ran free against our mids. I am not betting against my Yanks, but we are severely out-matched in this game. It will take Tim Howard standing on his head to keep us in this one.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    thinking i will be taking the Under in Brazil 2.5 -104 at 5Dimes. Il Trap has this team playing defense and they sure as shit won't be scoring any goals on their own. you call it: Brazil 1 or 2 nil.
    nice. should have nil-nil at the H instead of a fukking offsides goal. thanks refs

A-holes

merrickjo
    merrickjo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JRLM8 View Post
    Americans are terrible in Europe. We have like one win in the last decade while playing in Europe (and that was against Poland). Plus Onyewu, Davies, and Dempsey are all out with long term injuries.

Our defense is kind of a patch job. Our midfield changes each game. And Jozy Altidore up top by himself probably won't worry the Dutch defense too much.

I would not be surprised if Sneijder and Robben ran free against our mids. I am not betting against my Yanks, but we are severely out-matched in this game. It will take Tim Howard standing on his head to keep us in this one.

Completely agree, and I believe DeMeritt may not play, if he does he has been out for quite awhile too.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!

Uruguay PK +136 is my play

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Italy +100 against Cameroon ,serbia +137 against Algeria

Bostonknowledge
    Bostonknowledge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Serbia outright against Algeria, or if you are cautious take serbia PK.

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I concur Holland wins this match easily 3-1 or 3-0. They will score.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

What do You think about Georgia - Estonia?

JRLM8

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    What do You think about Georgia - Estonia?
    Georgia has not won a game since 2008. Estonia is actually undefeated in their last three (wins over Belgium and Angola, draw vs Albania). I don't know much about either of these teams so it is a no play for me.

Here is goal.com's preview:
    Georgia – Estonia
    This is another Eastern European affair, with the Estonians travelling south to Georgia to tentatively begin preparations for their Euro2012 campaign.
    Between these two sides they mustered only 11 World Cup qualifying points, and eight of these were claimed by Estonia, who were benefactors of Belgium’s poor away form, Armenia’s poor form in general and Turkey’s inability to break them down.
    However, the guests won’t necessarily see a trip to south eastern Europe as a simple sojourn. At home Georgia proved quite obstinate opponents in the previous qualifying campaign, picking up three home draws in five games and only being denied against Italy and Ireland by narrow margins. Expect another such tight game.

My plays for tomorrow:
    Parlay: Estudiantes, Portugal, Mexico
    Mexico/New Zealand over 2.5
    Spain ML

I am really tempted to put a small play on Landon Donovan to score first in the US-Netherlands game at 8 to 1 odds. He is the leading scorer in U.S. history. He takes PKs, FKs, and might be the only hope to score. I am not terribly confident but at +800, I am slowly talking myself into it.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Netherlands should take care of the US, but ... their last three friendlies all ended in 0-0. Against Australia, Paraguay, and Italy.

The Dutch positional play is something that, in the past, has made the US team look silly. But I wouldn't count on a whole lot of goals or an inspired performance here.

FWIW, the game is in Amsterdam, there will be red lights in the stadium (not kidding), and the ball will be red as well. Part of an AIDS action.

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

My bet is Hungary-Russia under....this will be the last game of russia's coach, Guus Hiddink. Hungary's D is not bad at all, but they lack in good strikers.....my guess is 0-1 or 0-2

12 Last