Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Do previous goals affect the likelihood of more goals?

In games like this I'm sure many are tempted to bet on the over, but somehow it rarely works out. Would you rather bet Over 6.5 at -110 or Over 1.5 if HT was scoreless? Is there a long term difference? Would you ever bet on the under here?

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

i dont know when the game was. or the odds.

but if you click flash scores odds tab, 2nd half over, it will give you the odds of what it was pre kick off. with 5 goals fh, they will adjust it a bit in favor of the over in the 2nd half.

Id say, if the game was supposed to be overs, id take the 2nd half at "weaker odds." but if like that the game was supposed to be under, then under 2nd half would possibly be value.... but they adjust the odds so theres probably nothing in it.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

I figured that they probably adjust the odds but don't know by how much. Still, I'd never take the under here because I'd feel so stupid if it lost. Simple maths says that if there were 5 goals in 45 minutes then there should be at least 2 in the next 45, especially given that 2nd halves have always more goals in every league in the long term. I wonder why that is btw. Fatigue affects both the attackers and the defenders, so why is there so often a goal past 90'?

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

they wont adjust by much. Unless its a corrupt league...But if theres like 4 goals fh, during the half, if you back second half over - you can usually get better odds than if you waited till half time. Rarely you will be worse off