franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9261

Champions League Discussion Thread

Back in action tomorrow and Wednesday. Good looking slate both days . Only 2 games remain in group play so its crunch time for many. Just starting to look at the games now..... to get the ball rolling....

Ajax @ AEK : 12:55pm est : Tues Nov 27

Ajax have everything to play for in their final 2 games , finishing at home to Bayern in a game that could win the group for Ajax, with a win in both of their remaining games. AEK are dead last with 0 points and no hope in sight. Ajax pay in the 1.75 range to win , and 2.30 if you give a goal. Out for Ajax is key midfielder Hakim Ziyech, and Donny von de Beek is a doubt in midfield as well.

Thats my early lean so far. Would appreciate all thoughts , leans , injury status or just chime in with a pick.

ZenShiny
    ZenShiny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1752

Pounding MU RM Bayern

cowboyinscotland
    cowboyinscotland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

CSKA -1 is my bet. Very difficult place to go and they have to win and hope other results go other their way.

Ajax at odds on is not a value bet as Greek teams are a different animal at home.

Good luck

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyinscotland View Post
    CSKA -1 is my bet. Very difficult place to go and they have to win and hope other results go other their way.

Ajax at odds on is not a value bet as Greek teams are a different animal at home.

Good luck
    I like CSKA for the same reasons you mentioned . I also like the over @ 2.09 ( 2 - 2 1st meeting in Czech Rep )

franz555

Wed : Dortmund vs Cl Brugge

Dortmund -1.5 @ 1.87

Cl Brugge have a number of players out due to injury. Lost at home this weekend 3 - 1 to Waregem , while Dortmund are the healthiest they have been all season. They come off of a 2 - 1 road win at Mainz this weekend. They are playing to win the Group and tied with Atl. Madrid at 9pts , Cl Brugge have 4 points and must play to win both their remaining games to advance. Dortmund are beasts at home.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20361

Champions League match marred by fans throwing firebombs

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...bs/2128212002/

Tensions were already high between supporters of Ajax and AEK Athens at their Champions League match on Tuesday.

Greek riot police were called to break up a disturbance in the stands at Olympic Stadium in Athens before the opening kickoff – and things only got worse.

As the players prepared to take the field, the Ajax fans were targeted by flares and firebombs hurled into the visitors' cheering section.

As video shared on social media shows, some of the devices were thrown back onto the track surrounding the pitch, but at least one exploded into a fireball that injured several people.