ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

UEFA Nations League: I could use some help on these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League

Based on what I'm reading, teams will treat these like friendlies. This strikes me as very weird.

Nothing a pro soccer player hates more than meaningless games on the schedule. And this seems to clutter the schedule even more.

All I want to to know is whether these teams will be taking these games seriously. There is a championship to be awarded in June 2019. But does it mean anything?

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Nations_League

Based on what I'm reading, teams will treat these like friendlies. This strikes me as very weird.

Nothing a pro soccer player hates more than meaningless games on the schedule. And this seems to clutter the schedule even more.

All I want to to know is whether these teams will be taking these games seriously. There is a championship to be awarded in June 2019. But does it mean anything?
    The prize money seems decent ( $1,000,000 + ).

ChuckyTheGoat

Franz, I get the sense that these games are going to be crap.

And it goes back to the over-loaded schedule of the top professional player. We come off a World Cup year. The players who played deep into the World Cup seemingly reported to club camp two days before opening day.

At a minimum, the 2018-2019 season should have been played Sept-June instead of Aug-May. I think these upcoming Intl games will be crap.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Looks like most sides are starting their strongest XI.. Seems like they are taking this serious

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Franz, I get the sense that these games are going to be crap.

And it goes back to the over-loaded schedule of the top professional player. We come off a World Cup year. The players who played deep into the World Cup seemingly reported to club camp two days before opening day.

At a minimum, the 2018-2019 season should have been played Sept-June instead of Aug-May. I think these upcoming Intl games will be crap.
    As Da_Moss stated..... Teams are fielding their " A " teams. It may not be The World Cup , but it will have an impact on The next EURO Cup. Im excited as hell

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

a lot of the over unders look pretty low lots of 1.75 and 2 with the under juiced out there

to me that means crap games

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    a lot of the over unders look pretty low lots of 1.75 and 2 with the under juiced out there

Have you watched any of them? Definitely not crap games

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

Means tight games similar to Euro/WC....
    Anytime two equal big teams play it will usually be low scoring.
    France can have whoever they want on their team and still can't score on Germany

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Means tight games similar to Euro/WC....
    Anytime two equal big teams play it will usually be low scoring.
    France can have whoever they want on their team and still can't score on Germany
    Germany outplayed France throughout. No real chances for France

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    Looks like most sides are starting their strongest XI.. Seems like they are taking this serious
    Good note, Moss. I think you're right!

I was worried about these games being taken lightly. I track the club/International schedule. These games came SO close to end of World Cup, when players are still trying to get their legs.

ChuckyTheGoat

As an example, Cristiano did ask out for Portugal. Understandable, considering that he's > 30yrs old.

Portugal about 2.20 home vs Italy today. I think they'd be under 2.00, if Cristiano was in lineup.