Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Eh-1 = ah-1.5?

Hello.

Asked this question yesterday in my thread, but didn't really get any conclusive answer.

What I wonder - and this might be a stupid question - is if European Handicap -1 is the same as Asian Handicap -1.5 if you play it?

The scenario was that I wanted to bet Cagliari to win by more than one goal yesterday, and Bet365 offered 4 in odds on -1EH, and about 2.5 on -1.5AH. I happily took the EH.

Wouldn't I lose 2-1 on both, but win 2-0 on both? And there could be no push either.

Please note that I understand the differences between EH and AH generally, but not in this case. Is it me or bet365 who is silly?

Thanks,
    Gargamel

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

yeah that doesn't make much sense, why would the odds be lower on the -1.5

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I think you've got the wrong bet, taking Cagliari to win by exact one goal. Usually the odds for this are 3.5 or higher in general for every game. I've made this mistake in the early days with bet365.

Gargamel

Hi again, and thanks for the responses.

No Slainte, that was not the case. Cagliari won by 2-0 and I cashed in!

Slainte

Usually the difference between EH and AH is very small like 0.1-0.3 but in you case it is 1.5. Strange but maybe it's one big rare mistake, and you happily took advantage

akerber
    akerber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1533

European handicaping -1 = Asian handicaping -1.5.

If you bet EH -1 and game finish 1-0 / 2-1 / 3-2 you will LOST your bet. In this case winner bet will DRAW because 2 (-1) = 1-1.

sorry my english, but I tryed

Gargamel

All right Slainte, I'll leave this one as a fond memory then! Will look out for similar mistakes again. If they are exactly the same then there is no reason to lose the 0.1-0.3 difference either I suppose?

Thanks for that akerber. Appreciate it, but in my case I won because I had the EH-1 and the game finished 2-0.

Anyway, we've dealt with this now. Thanks.

Slainte

Remember, ALWAYS look for this tiny mistakes, bet365 and many others make often mistakes in the EH and AH both handicapping, totals and corners. You can get better price for the same bet if you pay attention