Will Belgium handle England?

Have Belgium to win the group

Is England a serious threat here?

Clueless

Thanks

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Belgium has group in bag. Even if they tie England they will get goal difference

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Belgium may win the whole thing.

Group should be no issue especially with the goal differential. Dont even Need to beat England.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Perfect. Thanks men.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18929

England should beat Panama so England will play Belgium in the last Group G game with both teams having already qualified. In the next round England and Belgium will play qualifiers from Group H, which won't scare either of them. There isn't a team there either would try to avoid. Projecting 1 round further the Winner of Group G is seeded to play the winner of the Group E winner vs Group F runner-up which looks to be Brazil vs Germany. The runner-up in Group G might have an easy task playing the runner-up from Group E vs the Group F winner, (possibly Mexico vs Switzerland). Either way the England vs Belgium game will be played by all the back-ups and both teams won't be unhappy to lose.

I wouldn't expect England vs Belgium to be a genuine contest and books might be a tighter price than normal on England because there will be people who have Belgium for Group G who are looking to hedge out. Looking at an SBR rival site the best odds for the final game are Belgium +175, Draw +238, England +200, (which is a less than 100% book, so don't expect those prices to hold). If you're going to hedge out then obviously do it before the England vs Panama game. 1 big European book is out on a limb offering England at +275 for Group G, (which is good value). I don't know what prices are available from US facing books.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Probably will be 0-0

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57669

Love Belgium but save your money for the Round of 16. Finale of group too unpredictable too mess with.

lakerboy

Belgium peaking early though. Big no no in the world cup

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ok... question... if Belgium and England Tie when they meet.... who's declared the official winner in Group G now?

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Ok... question... if Belgium and England Tie when they meet.... who's declared the official winner in Group G now?
    Fair play goes in affect. Whoever has had less cards goes ahead I think

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This game will be rather meaningless no?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hell no. Both teams tied and goal difference is exact same. Winner avoids Senegal (assuming they win there group)

JayLA
    On to the next one...

I don't think so bank. I expect a pretty open game to avoid a tie. Both teams are loaded with Premiere League players. Should be fun to watch. Both managers might make changes to avoid fatigue later on. Both teams should go far in tournament.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Hell no. Both teams tied and goal difference is exact same. Winner avoids Senegal (assuming they win there group)
    So it matters in sense who they would play in next round? You saying the loser would face tougher match next?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Fair play goes in affect. Whoever has had less cards goes ahead I think
    I was just curious because at FIFA's website they have England in the lead right now.

2daBank

I don't think so bank. I expect a pretty open game to avoid a tie. Both teams are loaded with Premiere League players. Should be fun to watch. Both managers might make changes to avoid fatigue later on. Both teams should go far in tournament.
    They both have advanced already tho correct? What would be bad for either about a draw?? Appreciate it man, just trying to figure all this stuff out as WC only time I ever follow or bet soccer. Really don’t know anything bout it but actually enjoy watching this bout more than any other sporting event these days! Unfortunately with this early day games I can only watch on weekends but I’ve still watched more of this than I did the nba playoffs!! Lol

lakerboy

So it matters in sense who they would play in next round? You saying the loser would face tougher match next?
    Let's assume Senegal wins there group. I would rather avoid them. The other teams in the group aren't very athletic and with extra time of 30 minutes in elimination games better to play those teams.

2daBank

Let's assume Senegal wins there group. I would rather avoid them. The other teams in the group aren't very athletic and with extra time of 30 minutes in elimination games better to play those teams.
    So loser of the England/Belgium group plays the winner of Senegal group ?

JayLA
    On to the next one...

They both have advanced already tho correct? What would be bad for either about a draw?? Appreciate it man, just trying to figure all this stuff out as WC only time I ever follow or bet soccer. Really don’t know anything bout it but actually enjoy watching this bout more than any other sporting event these days! Unfortunately with this early day games I can only watch on weekends but I’ve still watched more of this than I did the nba playoffs!! Lol
    Yea both bel and eng have won out. Now it's just a matter of who gets top seed. top seed in group g plays lower seed in group h. Belgium and England, i think, can take care of any team that comes out of group h, though. fatigue and athletisism like LB said, is something to think about moving forward for both teams.

the card market should be interesting too as a tie will make fair play (bookings) the tie breaker. interesting standings due to goal difference. i dont recall this ever happening in my lifetime
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave JayLA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

yep! and vice versa. I hope my colombia has something to say there but colombia's a desperate team with little discipline

TheMoneyShot

LB going a little overboard. Senegal athletic... but lack brains. England and/or Belgium would destroy them.

2daBank

yep! and vice versa. I hope my colombia has something to say there but colombia's a desperate team with little discipline
    Not that I really care but gotta root for my motherland Poland! Lol., little torn as I usually find myself rooting for Columbia cause all the good drugs that come from there!! Lol.. if memory serves me right (from last WC) Columbia played a pretty entertaining style. I’m on the over 2.5 +147 in that match so all I want is goals!!

2daBank

LB going a little overboard. Senegal athletic... but lack brains. England and/or Belgium would destroy them.
    Yea from what I’ve seen and read it sounds as if there been a lot of goals off set pieces this WC and from what I’ve seem both England and Belgium will light Senegal up on set pieces, maybe not as this will be my 1st chance to see Senegal maybe they defend the set pieces well? Although going off what you saying that wouldn’t be true. Just going off the set pieces I’ve seen from Belgium and England the last few days.

maritsa1819
    T27
    maritsa1819's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43873

Belgium has group in bag. Even if they tie England they will get goal difference
    Belgium lucky England could win 9-0.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Have Belgium to win the group

Is England a serious threat here?

Clueless

Thanks
    You can hedge this bet very easily. Put some money on England ML.

2daBank

I see no reason either of these 2 should fear this Senegal squad, they will both make mince meat of them!!

maritsa1819
    T27
    maritsa1819's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43873

I see no reason either of these 2 should fear this Senegal squad, they will both make mince meat of them!!
    If England coach cares about result he doesn't substitute for Harry Kane. I think they want to win the Cup so first round of playoffs they don't care about opponent. They want to be perfectly ready for 1/4 and 1/2 finals.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by maritsa1819 View Post
    If England coach cares about result he doesn't substitute for Harry Kane. I think they want to win the Cup so first round of playoffs they don't care about opponent. They want to be perfectly ready for 1/4 and 1/2 finals.
    Kinda my thinking and why I’m questioning the importance of this match to either.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

I don't think England or Belgium are concerned with who they'll face from Group H. However, in the last 8 the runner-up from Group G should avoid Brazil. I'm English and i'd rather England didn't win the group. Of course that scenario could change before the England vs Belgium game kicks off.

TheMoneyShot

So can anyone confirm 100% who wins the Group if England and Belgium end up in a draw? No one has confirmed this.

But FIFA and Foxsports have England leading the Group currently. How?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

So can anyone confirm 100% who wins the Group if England and Belgium end up in a draw? No one has confirmed this.

But FIFA and Foxsports have England leading the Group currently. How?
    goes to the cards as the tiebreaker and currently belgium has 3 yellows to englands 2 so they are in 1st place in the group, if they tie in their match and tie for cards goes to a drawing i believe to determine winner of group

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    goes to the cards as the tiebreaker and currently belgium has 3 yellows to englands 2 so they are in 1st place in the group, if they tie in their match and tie for cards goes to a drawing i believe to determine winner of group
    This the kind of silly shit that turns some of us off bout this sport!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m having far more enjoyment watching these matches than any of the nba playoffs, but that just a fukkin stupid ass way to determine who wins the group!!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

This the kind of silly shit that turns some of us off bout this sport!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m having far more enjoyment watching these matches than any of the nba playoffs, but that just a fukkin stupid ass way to determine who wins the group!!
    seems odd they wouldn't go to most goals scored in a game or fewest conceded goals in a game england scored 6 goals but has given up at least 1 in each game belgium has a shutout

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    seems odd they wouldn't go to most goals scored in a game or fewest conceded goals, england scored 6 goals but has given up at least 1 in each game belgium has a shutout
    Or just make them play it till someone wins, that would be the sporting way to handle it!!! Really don’t get why number of cards would be a decider? Might as well make it who took less dives.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Or just make them play it till someone wins, that would be the sporting way to handle it!!! Really don’t get why number of cards would be a decider? Might as well make it who took less dives.
    The problem is they need to have some sort of tie-breaker. Over 3 games Groups are often level on points. The next tie-breaker is goal difference, which is also tied. The next tie-breaker is goals scored , which is also tied. Making them play until there's a winner only makes sense because they'll end up playing each other. However, this situation can happen after the 3rd game when the 2 tied teams weren't playing each other in the 3rd game and they could be 1000 miles apart depending on where in Russia they're based. Using cards as a tie-breaker is no worse than going by a coin flip or 'Official FIFA rankings'.

12 Last