Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

England vs Belgium tiebreaker

With identical 8 goals scored and 2 goals conceded in the first two group matches, these two are playing in the final match which will decide final standings in the group E.

If they draw, the tiebreaker is 'fair play' rating.

-1 for yellow card
    -5 for red card

If they draw and get equal number of yellows/reds in 3 days, England is #1 because they only have two yellows as of this moment in the first two group games (Belgium has three yellows).

This will be a fascinating game because if it ends in a draw (which is likely!), Belgium may overtake England for top stop in the group simply by forcing the opponent to foul and get two more yellow cards than Belgium itself receives in this final group game.
    Points Awarded:

chuda gave Grivas_Digeni 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

I like Belgium. Should be a great game tho

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

But what happens if your side finishes level on points with somebody else? How are the final placings in the groups determined?
    Here are the tie-break scenarios for rankings in the groups:

• ​Greatest number of points
    • Goal difference in all group matches
    • Goals scored in all group matches

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:

• Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned
    • Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned
    • Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned
    • Greater number of points obtained regarding fair play conduct (yellow cards = -1, indirect red card (as a result of a second yellow card) = -3, direct red card = -4, yellow card and direct red = -5, with only one of the deductions applied to a player in a single game)
    • Drawing of lots by FIFA

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/t...ia-2018-groups

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    I like Belgium. Should be a great game tho
    I don't know how good/bad England defense is, hasn't really been tested. Belgium defense already showed it's suspect. Probably over is something worth looking at. The way England plays set pieces I like its chances vs anybody right now.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    I don't know how good/bad England defense is, hasn't really been tested. Belgium defense already showed it's suspect. Probably over is something worth looking at. The way England plays set pieces I like its chances vs anybody right now.
    i'm leaning england too

cards market should be interesting for this game

maritsa1819
    T27
    maritsa1819's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43873

FIFA drawing of lots? lol it's possible

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    England 2 Tunisia 1

Belgium 5 Tunisia 2

I watched both games and thought that Belgium dominated, while England had some poor stretches against them. England are a very good YOUNG team with plenty of upside. Belgium are arguably the deepest talent pool at this World Cup , and very experienced. Again , its a bit early to say England can beat anybody after walloping the minnow of the tournament.

maritsa1819
    T27
    maritsa1819's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43873

this game will be like English premier league invitational

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

I didn't think England had many poor stretches. They were extremely unlucky in the first game (just like Belgium) so games remained somewhat close. In the second match day both teams did the job early, though in a slightly different way. The reason for this was their opposition played very defensively in the first match day, and simply didn't have that option again after losing the first game. England dominated against Tunisia even more than Belgium against Panama, but England were more unlucky to have this game in question for so long. Agree or disagree?

More than anything, it's the two outsider teams that made the top teams look very very good, I guess. Instead of a goal fest, could we instead see a 0-0 draw with only a handful shots on goal? If neither team cares which Group H opponent it faces next, wouldn't they want to play some of the JV players and make this more or less a friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    England 2 Tunisia 1

Belgium 5 Tunisia 2

I watched both games and thought that Belgium dominated, while England had some poor stretches against them. England are a very good YOUNG team with plenty of upside. Belgium are arguably the deepest talent pool at this World Cup , and very experienced. Again , its a bit early to say England can beat anybody after walloping the minnow of the tournament.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

All this info is a gold mine for us Advantage bettors over the books. Could be some good coin to be made on Prop bets!!!