tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Clash for First in Romania

I think I'm gonna throw some money on Unirea tomorrow, even though they haven't beaten Cluj in ages. They've looked very strong this year, especially at home, and their continuous good performances in Europa have given them a lot of credit in my books.

Any thoughts? Mihaita, whats the word from Eastern Europe?

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Unirea has their clash with Liverpool to look forward to later in the week. Cluj generally play the better football and are regarded as the more attacking, attractive team between these 2 sides. Cluj has a good record against Unirea, unbeaten in the last 7 from memory. Cluj has also strengthened their squad with several players in January, while managing to hold onto one of their young stars who was chased by some bigger European clubs.

On the other hand, Unirea has home advantage, they are very solid at home and have a very good defense so I think that cancels out some of the positives that are pointing towards Cluj. The weather has also been poor and will probably favour Unirea, as they are the more direct team while Cluj prefers to pass it around a bit more. However, I still feel that Cluj has a slight advantage due to Unirea looking ahead to the Liverpool game. I'm playing Cluj at +194.

Good luck everybody.