Watch this, no helmets, no pads, no nothing

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Would rather eat a bowl of sawdust than watch Poland vs Senegal
    You eat at sonic?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Baseball is pretty cheap to play,only need you're 30 dollar summer entry and an old glove and that's it really.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

I get so tired of Americans dissing our national sport

The only reason they hate soccer is because they always finish last in the world cup.....LOL

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    Check the stats across your entire country. There are more girls and boys soccer leagues then any other sport. Yup , even that 3rd world , lower level , European game, works in Rich nations as well.

integrated into u.s. schools for the reason i stated. it is budget friendly for the athletic departments. kids never wanted to play it here. it got forced onto them. game requires little skill, so virtually any school kid could play it.

packerd_00

Got no problem with someone saying they don't like to watch Football/Soccer,that's fair enough,alot of Sports I don't care for.

But when you got some guy above me saying it takes zero skill,they've lost all credibility.

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    I get so tired of Americans dissing our national sport

The only reason they hate soccer is because they always finish last in the world cup.....LOL
    wrong again. no talented u.s. athlete would want to play it on that level. game is for kids in school because it is cost efficient. if the scoring was on a par with hockey maybe a few more would be interested.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Got no problem with someone saying they don't like to watch Football/Soccer,that's fair enough,alot of Sports I don't care for
    Thats fine, but for feck sakes stop whining about it, and just DON'T WATCH the game!!

Problem solved.

You won't be missed btw

unusialsusp5

Got no problem with someone saying they don't like to watch Football/Soccer,that's fair enough,alot of Sports I don't care for.

But when you got some guy above me saying it takes zero skill,they've lost all credibility.
    sorry but having stamina, durabilty, and being able to run fast without tiring isn't a skill. maybe being able to kick a ball to a teammate accurately is somewhat skillful, but other than being able to bounce it off your head i don't see much skill involved.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    wrong again. no talented u.s. athlete would want to play it on that level. game is for kids in school because it is cost efficient. if the scoring was on a par with hockey maybe a few more would be interested
    Are you one of these clowns who thinks if the US had their best athletes play soccer they would win ever world cup??!!!

packerd_00

Thats fine, but for feck sakes stop whining about it, and just DON't WATCH the game!!

Problem solved.

You won't be missed btw
    Yeah I agree with you.Are Sport is played in every single country in the World,were doing ok for fans.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 06-20-18 at 05:48 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Esco

lakerboy

🏀 . Timeouts all game long. Bullshit fouls and players jumping into players to get free throws which they miss plenty of. The last 2 minutes takes 30 because the players are too dumb to figure out what to do without asking the white coach.

Football. Pi calls all game long. No teams can stop another team from scoring for even one hf. Tv commercial comes after every down. Boring as fukk until the playoffs. Worst officials out of all sports and they have like 10 guys in the field watching but too old and hungover from drinking shitty Budweiser beer.

Baseball. Don't get me started. Actually let me start. Pitchers scratching there balls all game long while the outfield players are falling asleep. Players can't hit the ball into play and get on base more then 30% of the time and in many cases 20% yet they still get millions.

Hockey is good but it's gotten boring until playoffs but live it's the best.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

But a 1 - 0, 2 hit shutout was a " great baseball pitching duel ". If the USA were involved this year , you could include half of the naysayers onto the Soccer bandwagon.

Just saying

Exactly...fukking baseball
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    The epitome of boring ass Sports is Baseball

unusialsusp5

Baseball is pretty cheap to play,only need you're 30 dollar summer entry and an old glove and that's it really.
    you need a lot of bats (different lengths and thickness), more than 1 ball, many more. expensive cleats, catchers equipment, batting helmets, bases, pitching rubber, foul pole, fences, a backstop, netting, umpires (also need equipment). far more expensive than soccer ever thought of being.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I really tried to give soccer a shot, not my cup of tea. Don’t hate it. Will probably watch the final 4. If US was better, people would be more interested...but it needs more interest to get better

packerd_00

you need a lot of bats (different lengths and thickness), more than 1 ball, many more. expensive cleats, catchers equipment, batting helmets, bases, pitching rubber, foul pole, fences, a backstop, netting, umpires (also need equipment). far more expensive than soccer ever thought of being.
    You're League membership covers all that stuff,when I was playing summer leagues all I needed was my dad to pay for gas money for traveling to out of town games.

unusialsusp5

Are you one of these clowns who thinks if the US had their best athletes play soccer they would win ever world cup??!!!

no, because very few in this country could give a rats ass about the world cup. potential players don't care, fans don't care. i get that it's popular in foreign countries. will never catch on here, ever.

lakerboy

no, because very few in this country could give a rats ass about the world cup. potential players don't care, fans don't care. i get that it's popular in foreign countries. will never catch on here, ever.
    Which is fine.

I love most sports. Everyone has there own thing.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

It's not celebrated that's for damn sure,you got commentators having an orgasam when a player beats another player bloody in a scrap.

You want to call Hooligans subhuman,look in the friggin mirror,only difference is it's legalized in Hockey.
    At least in hockey they try to win the fukking game...In soccer many act like their just playing for the draw.....That's like kissing your sister..

unusialsusp5

You're League membership covers all that stuff,when I was playing summer leagues all I needed was my dad to pay for gas money for traveling to out of town games.
    someone has to pay for it. not sure about what this league membership is. never heard of the term. 55 years ago fields were packed with kids playing. now, not so much. i don't believe for a minute that soccer derailed interest in it. video games maybe but not soccer. have never seen a pickup soccer game being played anywhere ever. only those organized young kids games on saturday mornings.

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    baseball has it's issues with the slow play, but at least you never know if it's going to be a 1-0, 2-1 or 10-8 or 9-7 game and no draws. a triple or an inside the park home run is far more exciting to a fan than any soccer play.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

FREAKING awesome, is what it is!!!!

THEN DONT FOOKING WATCH!!!!!

I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF YOU STUPID YANKS SLAGGING THE WORLD MOST POPULAR GAME, JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO FOOKING STUPID AND TOO SHALLOW TO UNDERSTAND THE TACTICS AND STRATEGIES OF FOOTBALL.

GO penetrate YOURSELF!!!!!!
    Go fukk myself because the WC had sucked ass thus far? And if you think it's been awesome so far, maybe you should go fukk yourself?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What's not to like about baseball? Every play is good. Name another sport where you can walk besides golf and curling?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

No draws today.. https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/scoreboard/

Teams are straight up winning games now..

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No draws today.. https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/scoreboard/

Teams are straight up winning games now..
    when does it end. i thought sports fans couldn't wait for the NFL pre-season schedule to end the most but this tops it. are they playing double elimination, never knew one way or the other, but do know they should go to lose 1 and you go home format to get it over with sooner.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
     . Timeouts all game long. Bullshit fouls and players jumping into players to get free throws which they miss plenty of. The last 2 minutes takes 30 because the players are too dumb to figure out what to do without asking the white coach.

Football. Pi calls all game long. No teams can stop another team from scoring for even one hf. Tv commercial comes after every down. Boring as fukk until the playoffs. Worst officials out of all sports and they have like 10 guys in the field watching but too old and hungover from drinking shitty Budweiser beer.

Baseball. Don't get me started. Actually let me start. Pitchers scratching there balls all game long while the outfield players are falling asleep. Players can't hit the ball into play and get on base more then 30% of the time and in many cases 20% yet they still get millions.

Hockey is good but it's gotten boring until playoffs but live it's the best.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Go fukk myself because the WC had sucked ass thus far? And if you think it's been awesome so far, maybe you should go fukk yourself?
    Haha.........you mad???!!!

MMANick

Haha.........you mad???!!!
    Me? No. But, obviously you're pretty butthurt about your dearly beloved soccer being nearly unwatchable this WC.

And by the way, I don't dislike Soccer.

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2322

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Americans need to get a taste of Champions league quality soccer. I think if the MLS became like the other sports where the US players are the best then that would change peoples mind but USA does not have a Lebron or Tom Brady for soccer
    Yeah I agree also doesn't help most of us are at work during all the games

MMANick

Nick

Hard to argue with games such as today. Still , there have been some great games as well ...... 3 - 3 Spain / Port.....2 - 1 England / Tunisia...... 1 - 0 Denmark over Peru ( Great flow to that one )..... and its only the begining of rd 2. Let me know your thoughts after tomorrows Croatia / Arg game or Peru / France ........ my Joe Namath guarantee that the latter will be a free flowing affair.

All the best

Portugal & Spain was really fun. I think Croatia and Argentina will be fun. Messi is going to try and put on a show.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    Me? No. But, obviously you're pretty butthurt about your dearly beloved soccer being nearly unwatchable this WC.

And by the way, I don't dislike Soccer
    I honestly thought aboot 60 to 70% of the games so far have been exciting

Sorry you dont like it

Dr. Fager
    Update your status
    Dr. Fager's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7167

The players that flop and fake injury are the ones that should get the yellow card or a Screen Actors Guild union card, dude. You call it strategy, I call it poor sportsmanship that detracts from the game.

Esco

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fager View Post
    The players that flop and fake injury are the ones that should get the yellow card or a Screen Actors Guild union card, dude. You call it strategy, I call it poor sportsmanship that detracts from the game
    For God's sake man..........flopping is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (think WWF dude!!!!)

How on earth are you supposed to get a red card on your opponent without flopping??
    If anything, they need to flop a lot more!!!

Dude, for real!!!

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

For God's sake man..........flopping is FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (think WWF dude!!!!)

How on earth are you supposed to get a red card on your opponent without flopping??
    If anything, they need to flop a lot more!!!

Dude, for real!!!
    I agree. As slimy a tactic as it seems to be on the surface, it's actually a very integral part of the game. Especially with no timeouts in soccer. These guys are in some of the most phenomenal shape in all of sports, but even athletes of their caliber find it difficult to run full speed around the pitch for essentially 45 minutes straight.

Plus, yes...fooling the official into issuing a red card due to a flopped injury is no different than what I did as a punter in high school. I'd fake like I got rocked after getting the kick away, and it was usually good for a 15 yard penalty and a first down at least once a game. Until they caught on, that is. It's all about winning at all costs.

First 123 Last