Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Soccer Bettors: Do Teams Go All out In These International Friendly Games?

Looking at some intriguing matchups, like Brazil vs Germany.

Are these teams out to prove anything before the World Cup?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No in my opinion

Mean nothing

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I don't think teams go all out even in the round robin stages

They look to gain form and familiarity in these games

Prequalifiers will have teams defensive and playing not to lose unless they have significant advantages in multiple areas

Vadym
    Vadym's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Absolutely opposite. They try to play safety to avoid injuries.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

No these are just for tactical purpose. Just trying to get a fit

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well actually you are all kinda wrong, depends on the especific situation.

Teams that are qualified for World Cup are actually trying to close in on the last players that will be selected to travel to Russia, so intermediate/new national squad players will be playing their balls out, while solidified MVPs like Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, play it safe from injuries...

Squads that missed the WC like Chile, USA and Italy, are renewing their squads (USA called up like an 80% newbie team for this)... new players are trying hard to catch a spot with the new coach... but it depends... Chilean players are party goers and bums

jjgold

Basically a showcase then for players trying to improve their stock for various clubs

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9558

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    Well actually you are all kinda wrong, depends on the especific situation.

Teams that are qualified for World Cup are actually trying to close in on the last players that will be selected to travel to Russia, so intermediate/new national squad players will be playing their balls out, while solidified MVPs like Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar, play it safe from injuries...

Squads that missed the WC like Chile, USA and Italy, are renewing their squads (USA called up like an 80% newbie team for this)... new players are trying hard to catch a spot with the new coach... but it depends... Chilean players are party goers and bums
    USA ? They havent played in over 6 weeks. We are all kinda wrong ?

Dude , You dont know shit about Football , Footie , Soccer or any other name that they apply around the world. Italy are NOT renewing their squad . Chile are still playing with the nucleus of the team that failed to qualify for this World Cup. Neymar is out , and has been for a while now. Messi was rested due to an injury the last game.

Before you tell EVERYONE that they are " Kinda Wrong "......Bring something of substance to the table.

You sound absolutely clueless about THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. Have you ever played ? Do u actually understand all the formations involved. It really doesnt seem like Doing endless rails for 3 straight days on one of your self professed " Binges ", would make u a candidate for a soccer player.

HurryUpAndDrink

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    USA ? They havent played in over 6 weeks. We are all kinda wrong ?

Dude , You dont know shit about Football , Footie , Soccer or any other name that they apply around the world. Italy are NOT renewing their squad . Chile are still playing with the nucleus of the team that failed to qualify for this World Cup. Neymar is out , and has been for a while now. Messi was rested due to an injury the last game.

Before you tell EVERYONE that they are " Kinda Wrong "......Bring something of substance to the table.

You sound absolutely clueless about THE BEAUTIFUL GAME. Have you ever played ? Do u actually understand all the formations involved. It really doesnt seem like Doing endless rails for 3 straight days on one of your self professed " Binges ", would make u a candidate for a soccer player.
    Of course the loser Lothar chimes in. Become A Pro!!!!!!!!

That said go fukk yourself retard. Know way more than you ever will know... tell me then, why do I have excel spreadsheets full of call ups year around FUKKIN IDIOT, full of info for betting purposes? to play marbles with them you fukkin moot????

HurryUpAndDrink

BRAZIL

HurryUpAndDrink

Even fukkin Nigeria, dont ever question me again you fukkin scamfuhrer!!!!

franz555

You cant be serious ?

You bring back your Lame AZZ BS spread sheets. Dude , thats the whole reason that NOBODY here gives you any credibility. When you get busted for cheating again and again...... ITS OVER BIITCH

Going into everyone elses thread to attempt to knock their CREDIBLE plays just makes you look like an even bigger azz.

YOU SAD MO FO

You are yesterdays news

HurryUpAndDrink

You cant be serious ?

You bring back your Lame AZZ BS spread sheets. Dude , thats the whole reason that NOBODY here gives you any credibility. When you get busted for cheating again and again...... ITS OVER BIITCH

Going into everyone elses thread to attempt to knock their CREDIBLE plays just makes you look like an even bigger azz.

YOU SAD MO FO

You are yesterdays news
    Become a pro, get a spreadsheet, get on the green, otherwise STFU

You dont even deserve to talk to me.

franz555

Become a pro, get a spreadsheet, get on the green, otherwise STFU

You dont even deserve to talk to me.

A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING. YOUR LIFE SUCKS SO BAD THAT YOU NEED TO COME HERE 24/7 JUST TO TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE MORE THEN THE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR EVERYDAY.

2 way street. STAY THE penetrate OUT OF MY THREADS , or i will play your stupid azz game too

HurryUpAndDrink

A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING. YOUR LIFE SUCKS SO BAD THAT YOU NEED TO COME HERE 24/7 JUST TO TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE MORE THEN THE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR EVERYDAY.

2 way street. STAY THE penetrate OUT OF MY THREADS , or i will play your stupid azz game too
    LMAO, did I post in your stupid losing thread today??? No, you know why?

Cause I dont give 2 shits about you and your down syndrome genealogy tree!!!!!!! Get it into your head Bastian!!!! You fukkin suck!

You are the flavor of the week for some to find some fades and entertainment...

The day you wanna be a man and do a pick challenge, Ill take you out. Otherwise keep talking.

I put my $ where my mouth is.

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

Germany will not play their top players tomorrow. Game might actually mean much more to Brazil after their 1-7 defeat during the last World Cup.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave jayc88 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

franz555

LMAO, did I post in your stupid losing thread today??? No, you know why?

Cause I dont give 2 shits about you and your down syndrome genealogy tree!!!!!!! Get it into your head Bastian!!!! You fukkin suck!

You are the flavor of the week for some to find some fades and entertainment...

The day you wanna be a man and do a pick challenge, Ill take you out. Otherwise keep talking.

I put my $ where my mouth is.

Nah , You fukking ramble on endlessly but have ZERO substance to you. You act like KING SHIT , but you are a BIITCH who hides behind a computer. I have dealt with TROLLS like you for years. In the end they fade away like yesterdays news. You are just another gnat on the window sill.

Like i said.....STAY THE FUKK OUT OF MY THREADS

HurryUpAndDrink

Nah , You fukking ramble on endlessly but have ZERO substance to you. You act like KING SHIT , but you are a BIITCH who hides behind a computer. I have dealt with TROLLS like you for years. In the end they fade away like yesterdays news. You are just another gnat on the window sill.

Like i said.....STAY THE FUKK OUT OF MY THREADS
    I say Portugal losing 3-0 irked your butthole badly

Sad.

I have been in the forums since 2007 footie... not going anywhere.

franz555

I say Portugal losing 3-0 irked your butthole badly

Sad.

I have been in the forums since 2007 footie... not going anywhere.
    At least i still have money to wager with. You blew your wad....Attempted to Cheat , got caught.......And now you are this sad lame azz Biitch who needs to be here 24 / 7 to talk about anything that will fill your sad lonely life.

Create a few more aliases ...... This one is DONE

HurryUpAndDrink

Hey Lothar... did your wife get banged by muslies in Cologne/Frankfurt?

How bout stop being a keyboard warrior get out there and re take your country????

franz555

Hey Lothar... did your wife get banged by muslies in Cologne/Frankfurt?

How bout stop being a keyboard warrior get out there and re take your country????
    Again..... Thats it ?

Youre starting to sound desperate.

HurryUpAndDrink

German cowards, never change

Ill be waiting when you accept the challenge to bury your ass in the ground... in the meanwhile, fukk off

franz555

BORRRRRRRRIIIINNNNGGGGG

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Players that don't get many chances play hard to prove they have a place with the team. The score though doesn't matter. So if it's a draw they are not going to change tactics to score goals during the latter part of games. That's why you see a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 games.

jjgold

Paved th voice of reasons

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

i always though friendlies would have lots of goals since it's exhibition game and doesn't matter if you win or lose teams would go for it , i think franz nailed it the other day with so many lineup changes during the match keeps scoring down, i don't bet alot of friendlies treat them like pre season baseball and football
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave cincinnatikid513 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18821

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Looking at some intriguing matchups, like Brazil vs Germany.

Are these teams out to prove anything before the World Cup?
    For many teams International friendlies are very much like preseason games. Some players love representing their country. Other players don't want to play in these games but think their long-term place is in jeopardy if they aren't seen to be pulling their weight. There are also players on the fringe of the team or the squad as a whole who have everything to prove/gain. The games themselves can often be a tactical mess. Managers almost always try to play different combinations of players to see if untried partnerships can provide alternatives. There are more substitutions available for these games and International managers come under pressure from club managers not to use their club players for longer than necessary. Most players will play less than 60 minutes. Managers can also try out different tactical formations. The England vs Italy game today is a perfect example. England normally play 4 at the back in a basic 4-4-2 formation. Sometimes it's a more attacking 4-3-3 or a more defensive 4-5-1, but it's almost always 4 at the back. Tonight the manager has said he'll be playing 3 at the back as 3-5-2 and flooding the centre of the pitch tends to be tactically stronger in tournament play and warm weather conditions. This is a dress rehearsal for the World Cup in the summer rather than an attempt to win tonight. England will also likely be trying a new goalkeeper and a new central defender. These players will be playing 100% as they could end up be starters, squad players, or sitting at home for the World Cup. Other players such as Dier and Sterling will probably be going through the motions. I have no idea what Italy will do as they have a temporary manager and they've failed to qualify for the 1st time in ages. They might go with younger players and be more attacking than usual. I normally stay well clear of these games but I might bet against England tonight.