Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Keep this in mind when wagering on Arsenal today

I am now doubting my pick, but since they are already placed, fvk it. Sticking to it.

But I just read about this and it doesnt look good.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...league&cc=3888

Arsenal are missing a further five first-team players due to injury as they head to Portugal for the first leg of their Champions League tie against Porto.
    GettyImages
    Comeback kid Sol Campbell salutes the Arsenal fans

Defender William Gallas (back), midfielder Alex Song (knee) and Andrei Arshavin (hamstring) were all absent from the 18-man squad which left Luton Airport on Tuesday afternoon, as were goalkeeper Manuel Almunia and striker Eduardo (hamstring).
    The Gunners were already without Robin van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and Johan Djourou due to long-standing problems, but they have at least welcomed forward Carlos Vela back into the side.
    Sol Campbell looks set to make a first Champions League appearance since the 2006 final defeat to Barcelona.
    Asked if the injuries meant Campbell would play, Arsenal boss Wenger said: ''It's a possibility that I don't rule out at the moment because if he does not play it means two left-footed players in that position (Thomas Vermaelen and Mikael Silvestre). It would mean he can show his signing was worth doing and he can help us in going through to the last eight.''
    Speaking about Almunia, Wenger added on Sky Sports News: ''Almunia already had a twisted finger and made it worse and I did not want to take a risk.''
    Wenger will not let injuries act as a ready-made excuse though and has urged his side to be wary of Porto, despite their unimpressive domestic season so far.
    "It is always difficult in Porto - they always have a team who is committed and technically very good,'' Wenger said. "You respect a team like Porto because you know they will always give you a good game.
    "It is the last 16, a cup draw, so it is always tight. We have 180 minutes where we have to be on top and no-one can predict what will happen. We will try to do our best.''
    With Arshavin and Eduardo both unavailable, Wenger could turn to Nicklas Bendtner to lead the attack. The 22-year-old Denmark striker has just returned to fitness following a three-month lay-off after groin surgery, which was part of the reason the Arsenal manager did not venture into the January transfer market for another forward.
    Wenger said: "I think we will see the best of him now as he is getting to the best age for a striker. Of course, he will still improve and learn a lot but, at 22, you have to start to play at the top level.
    "Nicklas is a boy who has a big potential. He arrived at the age of 15 and we work very hard with these players to get them to a level where they are today. Of course, we do not believe in a player for four or five years and then suddenly stop because people say you should buy a striker. We have a line of conduct and we keep believing in what we have done up until now and we hope they pay us back.''

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

haha was really thinking about it thanks!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

yeah and arsenal arent the type to sit back and play defense, but i like having campbell there, gallas is just horrible

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

I was actually pretty happy to see Gallas wasnt playing. Hopefully Cambpbell can do better

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

That shouldn't bother you, Shark79. We're not talking about the Porto of 2 years ago. Arsenal won't lose this game.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Good info I was thinking of taking the Arse.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    That shouldn't bother you, Shark79. We're not talking about the Porto of 2 years ago. Arsenal won't lose this game.

But will they win? Arsenal never plays well in Portugal. Porto still is unbeaten at home this season and they have enough scoring to get a win. Arsenal has such weak defence. Porto isnt even as good as last year but Arsenal is much worse than last year.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    But will they win? Arsenal never plays well in Portugal. Porto still is unbeaten at home this season and they have enough scoring to get a win. Arsenal has such weak defence. Porto isnt even as good as last year but Arsenal is much worse than last year.
    Yes, Porto haven't lost at home this season. But against which teams?
    Shark79's play is Arsenal PK, not ML. It's hard to tell if Arsenal will win tonight but if one's sure they aren't losing, then a PK play on them is in order. TBH, Arsenal's chances don't look too promising in this spot but they still have what it takes to steal a win here.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Arsenal won't win this. I would have said a draw before their injuries, but not now. Without Arshavin, Fabregas will be marked even more closely and the Gunners without Fabregas are just an average team. Denilson to start....does he even know where the middle of the pitch is? You think Bendtner and Walcott up front are going to do anything? They've been absolutely dire. Bruno Alves will have a field day covering Bendtner. And then you have Fabianski in goal...c'mon, as much as I would like to see anohter English club win, they're going to really struggle today. They've never won in Portugal in their 4 trips there and can't see them doing it here. Draw at the best.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

yeah saw this too after making my pick..oh well looks to be a tough spot for them..maybe theyll look to keep it as close to even as they can so they have an edge at the emirates

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Haha already an own goal but the goalie you are trashing good call!

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Everyone in England including Arsenal supporters know how $hite Fabianski is. If Wenger would have started Mannone instead, they would have had a chance to win this. Fabianski has no clue in goal, yet Wenger loves this guy

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

Fabiansky is such a retard

He should be thrown out as soon as the game finishes. Seriously.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

I thought Campbell would be the weak link but actually he turned out to be Arsenal's rock in defense, he made some great tackles, looked faster and more alert than the other defenders, is still a menace when it comes to set pieces.

He should be made a first team regular, a proper defender, just what the team needs, the biggest surprise of the night.

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Too big conclusions from one performance there Karayilan. Gallas and Vermaelen have been a (by Arsenal standards) very solid partnership this season. Gallas has looked better since being stripped of the captaincy. Campbell's experience and power was useful tonight but he couldn't do it week in week out. I think.