END of Ronaldo and Messi ERA

Group B winners : Spain, Iran
    Group D winners : Argentina, Croatia
    and Argentina will lost next step

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    friendlies rarely use the teams best players, they will use a mix and match of youngsters veterans star players, most of the time the good players will only play a half then you will see mass subs no way should friendlies count towards fifa world rankings they are nothing more than an exhibition match a preseason game a spring training game
    not all friendlies count towards rankings, only official fifa international matches do. so exhibition games do not count

as i said, many friendlies are coming up in preparation for the world cup, you are free to point out teams that field week sides

as i also said, rules count for all teams, so no team gains an advantage of it, just remove points earned from friendlies and compare revised rankings to current ones, if there is a significant divergence then I will concede

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    not all friendlies count towards rankings, only official fifa international matches do. so exhibition games do not count

as i said, many friendlies are coming up in preparation for the world cup, you are free to point out teams that field week sides

as i also said, rules count for all teams, so no team gains an advantage of it, just remove points earned from friendlies and compare revised rankings to current ones, if there is a significant divergence then I will concede
    you should write a letter to fifa with your proposed changes never know they may listen especially if you throw a 100 dollar bill in the letter

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Some Teams have big matches ahead for league play and champions league so they don't want their star players to play in friendly matches i'm sure you will see some good lineups leading up to world cup but there will also be missing guys and youngsters the coach wants to look at

steven12
    Not a Pro
    steven12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Ronaldo and Messi have to leave the trophy early or world cup will not be interesting.
    because everyone will stare at Portugal,Argentina. and other teams will stay shadows of Portugal Argentina.
    World hava to understand that football is not only Ronaldo and Messi.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

It all looks easy on paper and then the games actually start.

Lot of these easy group winners are less than -200

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

FIFA rankings lol

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8797

i think friendlies should count, I think you are wrong. no team schedules a friendly to field the 'b' team. this isnt nba or nfl preseason

in soccer, especially internationally, friendlies are very rare, and a golden opportunity for the 'a' team to play together and create chemistry and cohesion before world cups/euros/qualifiers

even if i concede to your point, since it is the same rule for all teams, it does not benefit a specific team or teams

taking that in mind, if you remove the results of friendlies for all teams, you will end up with more or less the same ranking

i think its a very good system, teams make points depending on significance of competition, opponent difficulty. and any points earned decay over time to indicate diminishing relevance to present form

you want to test my point? the world cup is coming up, and all the teams will be organizing friendlies leading up to the world cup in order to get ready for the big show

check the lineups and tell me how many teams field weak lineups, let alone 'b' teams

also you could remove all teams points from friendlies and check if the resulting ranking are significantly different
    You cant be serious ?

I have no idea where to begin to respond to your statements. I guess the very last comment of yours regarding line ups in the build up to the World Cup, where only the 25 listed OFFICIAL TEAM players will be available, versus a free for all the previous 3+ years, whereby all sorts of young kids , fringe players etc, are brought into the mix. FIFA doesnt differentiate rankings , points or overall assessments based on WHO is playing or not. Are Brazil truly a 7 - 1 loser to Germany without Neymar ( injured and unavailable for the 2014 semi ) ? According to FIFA and the computerized point system, they dropped like a sack of potatoes in the rankings after that loss. Chile are still ranked #10, having fallen from #4 prior to their official elimination from the World Cup. Forget talking about " exhibition games " in other sports and attempt to use an anology between the two. Where do you find a computerized ranking in the NHL , MLB, NBA, NFL , that will effect a regular season game and its ranking vs another team ? Will gamblers refer to the exhibition rankings to decide who to wager on when the real games begin ? That is exactly what the original assertion was in this thread. I stand 100% behind my original statement that you can not take FIFA rankings too seriously. P.S i am of 100% German blood, so it would be in my best interest to brag about the fact that FIFA has us as # 1. But i would be lying if i didnt see France as much better then #9 in the World. I fear them more then any other team on this planet. And if FIFA is right, and has Brazil at #2, then i should feel confident that Germany will trounce everyone, seeing that we trounced them 7 - 1 last World Cup.

FIFA Rankings mean SHIT to anyone who wagers on World Cup games with an intent to win $.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    You cant be serious ?

I have no idea where to begin to respond to your statements. I guess the very last comment of yours regarding line ups in the build up to the World Cup, where only the 25 listed OFFICIAL TEAM players will be available, versus a free for all the previous 3+ years, whereby all sorts of young kids , fringe players etc, are brought into the mix. FIFA doesnt differentiate rankings , points or overall assessments based on WHO is playing or not. Are Brazil truly a 7 - 1 loser to Germany without Neymar ( injured and unavailable for the 2014 semi ) ? According to FIFA and the computerized point system, they dropped like a sack of potatoes in the rankings after that loss. Chile are still ranked #10, having fallen from #4 prior to their official elimination from the World Cup. Forget talking about " exhibition games " in other sports and attempt to use an anology between the two. Where do you find a computerized ranking in the NHL , MLB, NBA, NFL , that will effect a regular season game and its ranking vs another team ? Will gamblers refer to the exhibition rankings to decide who to wager on when the real games begin ? That is exactly what the original assertion was in this thread. I stand 100% behind my original statement that you can not take FIFA rankings too seriously. P.S i am of 100% German blood, so it would be in my best interest to brag about the fact that FIFA has us as # 1. But i would be lying if i didnt see France as much better then #9 in the World. I fear them more then any other team on this planet. And if FIFA is right, and has Brazil at #2, then i should feel confident that Germany will trounce everyone, seeing that we trounced them 7 - 1 last World Cup.

FIFA Rankings mean SHIT to anyone who wagers on World Cup games with an intent to win $.

no rankings in any league mean shit when it comes to wagering

fifa rankings are not about betting, they are about coming up with a fair system to group teams. so that for example you dont have one group where its france, spain, brazil and argentina, and another where its panama, egypt, tunisia and marocco

just like how the atp tennis rankings make sure that the best players dont meet early and disqualify each other

as i said, its easy for you to prove your point, just take the teams in the rankings, remove points from friendlies, if it makes a significant difference in their rankings i will concede that i am wrong

but it wont, because points from friendlies are negligible, second, only official fifa international friendlies count, and third, the rules are the same for all teams so no team gets to take advantage
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-01-17 at 02:33 PM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Group H looks really fun. Especially if the same type of Senegal team shows up like the last time they were in the cup. All 4 teams with a completely different style.

franz555

no rankings in any league mean shit when it comes to wagering

fifa rankings are not about betting, they are about coming up with a fair system to group teams. so that for example you dont have one group where its france, spain, brazil and argentina, and another where its panama, egypt, tunisia and marocco

just like how the atp tennis rankings make sure that the best players dont meet early and disqualify each other

as i said, its easy for you to prove your point, just take the teams in the rankings, remove points from friendlies, if it makes a significant difference in their rankings i will concede that i am wrong

but it wont, because points from friendlies are negligible, second, only official fifa international friendlies count, and third, the rules are the same for all teams so no team gets to take advantage
    This is a wagering site ?

Since #9 FIFA ranked France were ranked in accordance with your suggestion here, where do you place #10 Chile so that they will not play a top tier team ?

Yup , FIFA certainly uses their rankings to avoid early " high Ranking " match ups

I really have no further response, especailly when you state " the rules are the same for all teams so no team gets to take advantage "

No doubt, Chileans across the globe are revelling in this new discovery of yours

franz555

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Group H looks really fun. Especially if the same type of Senegal team shows up like the last time they were in the cup. All 4 teams with a completely different style.
    Youre right, as a fan it should be a fun group to watch

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

England has a manageable group,no excuses for not going to the Knockouts.

packerd_00

Group B and Group D are the toughest groups in my opinion. Group A is a cake walk.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

World Cup football super hard to handicap.

I like Iceland to turn heads.

Last World Cup, I had Colombia down to a tee...made money on wins, overs and even bet against them with Brazil. Made some nice dough

I was going to take a break from sports betting but I can't anymore. I love me some underrated World Cup teams!!!

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    England has a manageable group,no excuses for not going to the Knockouts.
    I sure hope so, a strong finish would be good for football, but you can't help but think it's going to be more of the same. In order...

- England puts an exciting team together with very few weaknesses

- The national press crowns them, belittles opponents

- Team comes out uninspired and can't play together

- Can't score goals

- Keeper does something stupid

- Early exit

- England bellyaches about it for the next 6 months, though they should have seen it coming.

I do like the fact that it looks to be a younger team this year compared to most.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    World Cup football super hard to handicap.

I like Iceland to turn heads.

Last World Cup, I had Colombia down to a tee...made money on wins, overs and even bet against them with Brazil. Made some nice dough

I was going to take a break from sports betting but I can't anymore. I love me some underrated World Cup teams!!!
    Iceland will not win a game. Argentina and Nigeria will go through

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Iceland will not win a game. Argentina and Nigeria will go through

i'll take that bet with you when cup time comes figure out the odds i think iceland will win a game they can def beat croatia or nigeria

lakerboy

i'll take that bet with you when cup time comes figure out the odds i think iceland will win a game they can def beat croatia or nigeria
    They have now gotten higher expectations. Watch and see. No one is not ready for them anymore.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They have now gotten higher expectations. Watch and see. No one is not ready for them anymore.
    unlike the usa iceland has actually improved their soccer team they put a ton of money into it and starting get kids play at younger age and boom look what happens qualified for euro championships and now the world cup

Ralphie Halves

unlike the usa iceland has actually improved their soccer team they put a ton of money into it and starting get kids play at younger age and boom look what happens qualified for euro championships and now the world cup
    USA has put in boatloads into MLS, which is the best thing you can do long-term. We just can't get the right coach, and IMO our best players are either too old, or just not quite old enough yet.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

USA has put in boatloads into MLS, which is the best thing you can do long-term. We just can't get the right coach, and IMO our best players are either too old, or just not quite old enough yet.
    usa needs to do better job of stealing other countries best young players

franz555

Iceland only have a population of 334,000 people. They have very little in the way of " Youth Programs " and nobody, or group to add finances to the few who do play the game. Again, the total population of the entire country is only 334,000, many of which are women , retirees, and children too small to lace up soccer boots. The group that is presently achieving success at the international level should be classified as national treasures for what they have accomplished.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Iceland only have a population of 334,000 people. They have very little in the way of " Youth Programs " and nobody, or group to add finances to the few who do play the game. Again, the total population of the entire country is only 334,000, many of which are women , retirees, and children too small to lace up soccer boots. The group that is presently achieving success at the international level should be classified as national treasures for what they have accomplished.
    i think it was real sports who did a piece on iceland was very good talked about how coach was also a dentist but the country did pour money into the program building indoor practice fields it was great seeing iceland do well in euros amd qualifying for world cup how can u not root for a small nation like that

franz555

League transfer values:

England - 5.8 billion
    Spain - 3.7 billion
    Italy - 3.1 billion
    Germany - 2.9 billion

Cyprus - 124 million

Iceland - 20 million

I think the financial status of the leagues i mentioned, shows how impressive the accomplishments of this group really is.

franz555

i think it was real sports who did a piece on iceland was very good talked about how coach was also a dentist but the country did pour money into the program building indoor practice fields it was great seeing iceland do well in euros amd qualifying for world cup how can u not root for a small nation like that
    They have a following of 30,000 people who traveled to their Euro games. Almost 10% of the entire country. Now thats true loyalty.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

They have a following of 30,000 people who traveled to their Euro games. Almost 10% of the entire country. Now thats true loyalty.
    i'm rooting for iceland in the world cup loved the viking clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8H-a8HTQL8

Ralphie Halves

usa needs to do better job of stealing other countries best young players
    What we've already been doing with the German kids has been almost criminal. Hate to see what's beyond that.

I don't want to win with a bunch of players that barely know our language.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

i still remember freddy adu was supposed be the next big thing lol, why can't we steal some messi's or ronaldos from spain brazil argentina we can't build our own team up with quality players let's steal them

packerd_00

I sure hope so, a strong finish would be good for football, but you can't help but think it's going to be more of the same. In order...

- England puts an exciting team together with very few weaknesses

- The national press crowns them, belittles opponents

- Team comes out uninspired and can't play together

- Can't score goals

- Keeper does something stupid

- Early exit

- England bellyaches about it for the next 6 months, though they should have seen it coming.

I do like the fact that it looks to be a younger team this year compared to most.
    Cant put it much better,all I can do mate is root them on and anything else is gravy,use to expect a lot but not anymore.Dont like Joe Hart as the English goalkeeper.

Are youth players have been doing really well,won the U17 and U20 WC this summer respectively.Just hope theirs finally some light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 12-02-17 at 09:39 AM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

5% + of their population is Polish.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

League transfer values:

England - 5.8 billion
    Spain - 3.7 billion
    Italy - 3.1 billion
    Germany - 2.9 billion

Cyprus - 124 million

Iceland - 20 million

I think the financial status of the leagues i mentioned, shows how impressive the accomplishments of this group really is.

hey franz, where' d you get those numbers?

any other way to compare nations' leagues??

and Lakerboy, i'll take that wager....Icelands wins a game at what odds?

SportsMushroom

This is a wagering site ?

Since #9 FIFA ranked France were ranked in accordance with your suggestion here, where do you place #10 Chile so that they will not play a top tier team ?

Yup , FIFA certainly uses their rankings to avoid early " high Ranking " match ups

I really have no further response, especailly when you state " the rules are the same for all teams so no team gets to take advantage "

No doubt, Chileans across the globe are revelling in this new discovery of yours

well, you didnt say, this system is not good in regards to wagering

you said its not good at all

so why would i think you meant its not good regarding betting

you have a problem accepting that other people have a different opinion to yours

also, i dont even understand your point about france and chile, what are you trying to say, english motherfaker, do you speak it?
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-03-17 at 08:18 AM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    hey franz, where' d you get those numbers?

any other way to compare nations' leagues??

and Lakerboy, i'll take that wager....Icelands wins a game at what odds?
    Find the odds. I don't see how Iceland wins a match.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

just waiting for june

First 12