Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

So many people try and come in with "you Americans." I have tons of friends oversees and I know more about international soccer than all of them. Been watching the World Cup for 25 years.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Your first line is correct. That's my whole point. The casual fan only knows big names.
    Dutch would want to watch Netherlands play not Messi.
    That goes for every country.

We don't care about Messi or Argentina. Argentina is a small country with few viewers anyway.
    England, Italy, Poland, France, Germany, etc. will all be watching their countries.
    So who's going to be watching Messi? Canada? Gambia?
    Very few big countries won't have a team in the World Cup...

You barely notice Messi/Ronaldo at World Cups anyway. Argentina got the easiest group/draw last time to make it anywhere.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Most people in Argentina don't even like Messi, they like Maradonna.

Majority of soccer fans are sick of Ronaldo/Messi.
    They are great for 14 year old "fans".

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This thread is full of burials.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Anyone who thinks Messi or Ronaldo not being there will have no impact on viewership is a fool. These players attract tons of viewers. Look at there following on social media. Messi is the biggest name athlete on earth
    From casual viewership,thats it Laker.Do you think the Italian fans are going to give a rats ass if Argentina gets in ofcourse they aren't,their worried about Italy missing out.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-10-17 at 04:44 PM.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Thanks for the info. So just to clarify, if both games draw, is Argentina in? Or do they need Colombia to beat Peru to qualify with a draw?
    yeah if both draw argentina is out

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    From casual viewership,thats it Laker.Do you think the Italian fans are going to give a rats ass if Argentina gets in ofcourse they aren't,their worried about Italy missing out.
    Why wouldn't they? If I was watching Italy in their prime and it was announced Pirlo wouldn't be playing in the world cup in his prime, or no Henry for France, or no Ronaldo for Brazil, I would be devasted as a fan.

Even watching the Euro Cup finals without Christiano was hard to watch. I know every single player on that field. And everyone from Italy or France or Germany or any soccer fan knows every player on that field. They obviously want to watch amazing soccer. We want to watch pure talent and force on the field and that is what Ronaldo and Messi provide as well as several others like Neymar, Bale, Grieztman, etc, etc.

Cavs played Warriors in finals in 2015. Irving to injured game 1. Out for series. Love -- out for the series. Did I still watch? Yeah. Cause I'm a basketball nut. Was I upset and less tuned in than usual because two of the best players at their positions in the world weren't in the game? Yeah bro. The talent level on the court wasn't like "WOW" and I was at the edge of my seat.

If you don't think people in Italy give a rats ass if Messi plays in the world cup, you're mistaken. Because in Italy, which I've been to before several times, Messi is considered the best and most entertaining player in the world. Soccers fans don't just want to watch soccer. They want to watch great soccer and great and legendary and transcendent and explosive players.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Dutch would want to watch Netherlands play not Messi.
    That goes for every country.

We don't care about Messi or Argentina. Argentina is a small country with few viewers anyway.
    England, Italy, Poland, France, Germany, etc. will all be watching their countries.
    So who's going to be watching Messi? Canada? Gambia?
    Very few big countries won't have a team in the World Cup...

You barely notice Messi/Ronaldo at World Cups anyway. Argentina got the easiest group/draw last time to make it anywhere.
    Bro. WHAT?

1. Argentina is a small country? LMAO. Dude have you ever been to South America? It goes 1. Jesus/family. 2. Soccer. Soccer is a religion there. WTF are you smoking?

2. You said Dutch only watch Netherlands? LOL you don't know shit about soccer. Every Soccer fan loves to watch the great players. It's the same in every sport. You don't only watch your home team. If you're a fan of the game you watch all the greats.

3. Messi and Ronaldo are great for 14 year olds? Ronaldo is at the back end of his career dude. He's been a pro for 15 years. Longer than your 14 year olds have been alive.

4. Barely notice Ronaldo and Messi? They are literally the face of an entire country. Who is the face of England? Who is the face of Germany? Who is the face of Italy? They don't have players on that level.

5. It's pretty clear from your comments you live in a box and don't know shit.

Burials in this thread?

I just buried you in 2 min.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Why wouldn't they? If I was watching Italy in their prime and it was announced Pirlo wouldn't be playing in the world cup in his prime, or no Henry for France, or no Ronaldo for Brazil, I would be devasted as a fan.

Even watching the Euro Cup finals without Christiano was hard to watch. I know every single player on that field. And everyone from Italy or France or Germany or any soccer fan knows every player on that field. They obviously want to watch amazing soccer. We want to watch pure talent and force on the field and that is what Ronaldo and Messi provide as well as several others like Neymar, Bale, Grieztman, etc, etc.

Cavs played Warriors in finals in 2015. Irving to injured game 1. Out for series. Love -- out for the series. Did I still watch? Yeah. Cause I'm a basketball nut. Was I upset and less tuned in than usual because two of the best players at their positions in the world weren't in the game? Yeah bro. The talent level on the court wasn't like "WOW" and I was at the edge of my seat.

If you don't think people in Italy give a rats ass if Messi plays in the world cup, you're mistaken. Because in Italy, which I've been to before several times, Messi is considered the best and most entertaining player in the world. Soccers fans don't just want to watch soccer. They want to watch great soccer and great and legendary and transcendent and explosive players.
    Italians want to watch their own country in the WC.

You still don't get it,World Cup and NBA Finals are completely diffrent events,the World Cup is for the fans supporting their country every four years the talent is secondary,NBA Finals is not like that at all.

I can guarantee,if Italy doesn't get in,most hardcore Italian fans aren't going to be tripping over themselves to watch Argentina instead.You think if youre a fan it only means youre watching for Club Soccer,sometimes its a lot more simple,and its just because you want to see youre Country do well,thats all their is to it.

I know you got youre way tonight so relax.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 10-10-17 at 11:46 PM.

steven12
    Not a Pro
    steven12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

It will be great passion to see "Король" in the world cup 2018 , no more sorrow
    Last edited by steven12; 10-11-17 at 05:09 AM.

First 123