bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thierry Henry headed to Barcelona

MADRID, Spain -- Thierry Henry is leaving Arsenal to sign with Barcelona in one of European soccer's major transfers of the offseason.

Barcelona will pay $32 million for the 29-year-old forward, who agreed to a four-year contract, Cadena Ser radio and the newspaper El Pais said Friday. Barcelona planned to announce the signing on Saturday.

Henry has been with Arsenal since 1999, scoring a club-record 226 goals in 364 appearances. He helped the Gunners win two English Premier League titles and four Football Association Cups.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worst kept secret in football last season.Arsenal will struggle without him.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good for Barca. What are Rijkaard's plans?

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Henry's a stud and might well be my favorite Premiership footballer, but there's little doubt that all the dissention he stirred up amongst the ranks at Arsenal is the reason he's packing his bags. This might be one of those situations that could result in a "win-win" for both parties...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think a lot of people will expect RvP to have a big year, and he will be a tremendous disappointment, in my estimation.

DaveRabbit
    DaveRabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Good for Barca. What are Rijkaard's plans?
    Ronaldinho or Eto'o might leave, there's some shit there. Giovani Dos Santos the young Mexican talent most likely will get promoted to the first team. They are looking for a left back, central defender and a midfielder. Build the team around Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta is the focus.