Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Can anyone beat the totals market?

I took under 3.5 for a parlay in the following game. Home team averages 1.5 goals at home, away team 1.6. More specifically, home team conceded just 0.66 goals per game at home, and away team scored just 0.83 per game on the road. Final result, 0:6. Stats mean nothing.

dreamchaser
    dreamchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

IMO, totals are really tough in Soccer because of so many variables. Things like Home Field and momentum seem to play a much greater factor than in other sports. Only way I touch it is if I've been watching all the recent fixtures of a team, or both teams, and have a sense of the current momentum state.

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

i think i can, but you got to go further than look at "normal stats".

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

If away team can score and concede overs are a good play. If home team can score and not concede unders are play. Imo it comes down to the away team's ability to score. I don't think the totals market is the toughest because your actually getting a 50/50 chance vs 33.33/33.33/33.33 playing sides.

There's a match tonight Bolivia Wilstermann/Blooming Wilsterman has scored in their last 5 home matches while Blooming has only scored twice in their last 5 matches away. Just from those stats I'd say the under is the play.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Using one of the top scoring leagues was obviously not the best example to use but in some leagues this strategy does work.