JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

JOHON8'S EPL Picks

I'm new here, but thought I'd make my first new thread for this weekends EPL games. Please tell me what you think about my picks so far and share advice/own picks if you'd like. thanks guys.

EPL sat. JAN 30th
    Burnley v. Chelsea / chelsea / -2 (3.00) (Burnley might score, but I think chelsea can keep a 3 goal lead with their form)

EPL sun. JAN 31st
    Arsenal v. Man Utd / DRAW / -1 (4.20) (I'm hoping Rooney can give Utd an edge here, otherwise it's a likely draw)
    Man City v. Portsmouth / city / -1 (1.909) (City should bring out their frustrations from the Cup tie derby against the bottom side)

NOTE:**I might make a few changes / add teams at the last minute when I see the squads and other info.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

here are some possible handicaps I'll look over before I make a final decision:

EPL sat. JAN 30th
    West Ham v. Blackburn / DRAW / -1(4.00)
    Wigan v. Everton / DRAW / -1(4.50)
    Liverpool v. Bolton / DRAW / -1(3.60)
    Fulham v. Aston Villa / DRAW / -1(4.333)
    Hull v. Wolves / DRAW / -1(4.00)
    Birmingham v. Tottenham / DRAW / -1(4.75)

EPL mon. FEB 1st

Sunderland v. Stoke / DRAW / -1 (3.80)

I actually think this weekend would produce a lot of tight games, with at least a couple of tight scorelines. Which games do you guys think are likely to end up in 1-0, 2-1 or a 1 goal difference for the above?

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    here are some possible handicaps I'll look over before I make a final decision:

EPL sat. JAN 30th
    West Ham v. Blackburn / DRAW / -1(4.00)
    Wigan v. Everton / DRAW / -1(4.50)
    Liverpool v. Bolton / DRAW / -1(3.60)
    Fulham v. Aston Villa / DRAW / -1(4.333)
    Hull v. Wolves / DRAW / -1(4.00)
    Birmingham v. Tottenham / DRAW / -1(4.75)

EPL mon. FEB 1st

Sunderland v. Stoke / DRAW / -1 (3.80)

I actually think this weekend would produce a lot of tight games, with at least a couple of tight scorelines. Which games do you guys think are likely to end up in 1-0, 2-1 or a 1 goal difference for the above?
    Welcome..Love Man City call..BOL with your plays today

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

I don't think the Hull v. Chelsea game is worth betting an over 2.5 on, since the risk is more than the odds tell you IMO.

I'm going for the Copa Italy 2.5 over with Inter v. Fiorentina. 2.0 odds for this.

parlay?:

Inter v. Fior / 2.5 over
    Hull v. Chelsea / Chelsea ML
    ____
    odds. 2.5

What do you guys think about the Fulham v. Portsmouth game?

Wade Dwayne
    Wade Dwayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

wigan and notts over looks better than fulham or portsmouth

Busterflywheel

I don't think the Hull v. Chelsea game is worth betting an over 2.5 on, since the risk is more than the odds tell you IMO.

I'm going for the Copa Italy 2.5 over with Inter v. Fiorentina. 2.0 odds for this.

parlay?:

Inter v. Fior / 2.5 over
    Hull v. Chelsea / Chelsea ML
    ____
    odds. 2.5

What do you guys think about the Fulham v. Portsmouth game?
    Agreed...M.L's are the ways to parlay it..

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

My last picks before the weekend picks start.

Fulham vs Portsmouth / under 2.5 / 2.20

Leeds vs Tottenham / Spurs ML / 1.8

Blackpool vs West Brom / over 2.5 / 1.8

BOL everyone.

Busterflywheel

My last picks before the weekend picks start.

Fulham vs Portsmouth / under 2.5 / 2.20

Leeds vs Tottenham / Spurs ML / 1.8

Blackpool vs West Brom / over 2.5 / 1.8

BOL everyone.
    BOL with your picks... Not much going on thursday night that I see anyways..

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Thanks you too. I'm conjuring up a plan for the weekend after betting really small the past few days.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Results from Jan 30 - Feb 3

Burnley v. Chelsea / chelsea / -2 (3.00) LOSS

Arsenal v. Man Utd / DRAW / -1 (4.20) LOSS

Man City v. Portsmouth / city / -1 (1.909) WON

Inter v. Fior / 2.5 over LOSS

Hull v. Chelsea / Chelsea ML LOSS

Fulham vs Portsmouth / under 2.5 / 2.20 WON

Leeds vs Tottenham / Spurs ML / 1.8 WON

Blackpool vs West Brom / over 2.5 / 1.8 WON

Overall 2010:
    win loss push
    4-4-0

Chelsea kinda screwed us all over, but I'm glad I kept it small this week. BOL everyone.

Half_Glassed
    Half_Glassed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not too bad a record mate over the mid week!
    Look forward to seeing your weekend picks - I kno you put a lot of thought in to them.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Anyone know where to find Mark Lawrenson's updates on the premier league matches? I saw this last week on the BBC and his results are really impressive.
    He got last weekend's matches 7 out of 10 right with 1 perfect score. And the week before that 7 out of 10 matches correct with 2 perfect scores.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8485731.stm

I'm guessing it might be up on the frontpage again tonight, but anyone know better links/more direct links? Or even a blog or something where he posts because I can't find one on google. I found it useful to compare my own analysis/other people's with his recently.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Lawrenson is the worst pundit ever! It wasn't too hard to hit 7 of 10 the last two weeks. Im not even sure he writes those himself...probably pays someone. Every Brit knows he's the most biased (for Liverpool) pundit out there and dread his cursed predictions. There are actually some punters here in the UK who will simply bet the opposite of him. Anyhow, yes sometimes he does get them right but so would everyone else that week. I find he sits on the fence too many times taking the easy way out backing draws. Anyhow, he's a source, but there are way better sources available.

to answer you question though, he will post his weekend predictions on the Thursday each week, usually available by the evening. You need to go to the Sports homepage, then to the Football link, and then onto the Premier League link. You'll find his post by his mug at the bottom of the page usually. Cheers hope that helps mate.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by RedDevil11 View Post
    Lawrenson is the worst pundit ever! It wasn't too hard to hit 7 of 10 the last two weeks. Im not even sure he writes those himself...probably pays someone. Every Brit knows he's the most biased (for Liverpool) pundit out there and dread his cursed predictions. There are actually some punters here in the UK who will simply bet the opposite of him. Anyhow, yes sometimes he does get them right but so would everyone else that week. I find he sits on the fence too many times taking the easy way out backing draws. Anyhow, he's a source, but there are way better sources available.

to answer you question though, he will post his weekend predictions on the Thursday each week, usually available by the evening. You need to go to the Sports homepage, then to the Football link, and then onto the Premier League link. You'll find his post by his mug at the bottom of the page usually. Cheers hope that helps mate.
    Yeah i think he is a total square

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Thanks for the info. Yeah I had a feeling he wasn't that special. I'm just happy UK members on here are offering advice on people like this.

Cheers mate, BOL with your bets.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

I looked through a few games for tues. and wed. I'm gonna stick with the 3 game limit in the EPL this week. Please criticize the hell out of my picks I don't mind, I love feedback. I'll decide my picks last min anyways after line ups etc...

Feb 9th
    Man City - Bolton / City -1 (2.0)
    -After losing their last fixture away they are now at home and need a win. Their next games are against stoke, liverpool and chelsea, so this is a good opprotunity to get some points. Cahill is away for Bolton too so this could be interesting. This should be a serious test of fire power if they want to challenge for 4th spot IMO.

Wigan Athletic - Stoke
    -3.2 odds for a tie is worth it. Stoke might not be good away, but they did win 3-0 a few days ago, and Wigan are on a bad run.

Portsmouth - Sunderland
    -can't trust either team for a result

Fulham - Burnley
    -Burnley might grab a 1 goal win here.

Feb 10th
    Arsenal - Liverpool / over 2.5 (1.9)
    -Both teams have very volatile defenses which is why I think the over has value. Arsenal conceded too many at home to United and away to Chelsea. And Liverpool even though they have had a good record recently, Kyrgiakos got red carded at the Everton match. Bottom line, 11 out of 12 matches have been over 2.5 and the odds are worth it IMO.

Aston Villa - Man Utd.
    -tight game, but I think Utd can steal one (under 2.5 or over?)

Wolves - Tottenham
    -Spurs can score 5 goals or none, I don't have confidence here.

West Ham - Birmingham
    -This game is screaming a tie or a heroic West Ham win.

Blackburn - Hull
    -Blackbrun are gonna play this likea must-win, but I think after recent games, Hull will keep a tie here.

Everton - Chelsea / under 2.5 (1.8)
    -Tight game, but I think Chelsea have the difference makers. Plus Pienaar has been red carded. Seeing that Everton will be playing for a draw most likely, I think an under is the right play?

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I looked through a few games for tues. and wed. I'm gonna stick with the 3 game limit in the EPL this week. Please criticize the hell out of my picks I don't mind, I love feedback. I'll decide my picks last min anyways after line ups etc...

Feb 9th
    Man City - Bolton / City -1 (2.0)
    -After losing their last fixture away they are now at home and need a win. Their next games are against stoke, liverpool and chelsea, so this is a good opprotunity to get some points. Cahill is away for Bolton too so this could be interesting. This should be a serious test of fire power if they want to challenge for 4th spot IMO.

Wigan Athletic - Stoke
    -3.2 odds for a tie is worth it. Stoke might not be good away, but they did win 3-0 a few days ago, and Wigan are on a bad run.

Portsmouth - Sunderland
    -can't trust either team for a result

Fulham - Burnley
    -Burnley might grab a 1 goal win here.

Feb 10th
    Arsenal - Liverpool / over 2.5 (1.9)
    -Both teams have very volatile defenses which is why I think the over has value. Arsenal conceded too many at home to United and away to Chelsea. And Liverpool even though they have had a good record recently, Kyrgiakos got red carded at the Everton match. Bottom line, 11 out of 12 matches have been over 2.5 and the odds are worth it IMO.

Aston Villa - Man Utd.
    -tight game, but I think Utd can steal one (under 2.5 or over?)

Wolves - Tottenham
    -Spurs can score 5 goals or none, I don't have confidence here.

West Ham - Birmingham
    -This game is screaming a tie or a heroic West Ham win.

Blackburn - Hull
    -Blackbrun are gonna play this likea must-win, but I think after recent games, Hull will keep a tie here.

Everton - Chelsea / under 2.5 (1.8)
    -Tight game, but I think Chelsea have the difference makers. Plus Pienaar has been red carded. Seeing that Everton will be playing for a draw most likely, I think an under is the right play?
    Some good picks. Can't see Burnley winning at the Cottage though. As poor as Fulham have been of late, Burnley are absolutely dire on the road...can't score and leak way too many. Zamora is back for the Cottagers so that should give them some pace and cutting edge that they've been lacking.

I don't think United going into Villa Park and winning would be considered 'stealing' one. yes, they beat us at OT, but we have owned Villa. We're their bogey team. I can see us turning the tables on them and based on recent form of both clubs, I would expect at least a point if not more.

Arsenal and Liverpool..probably ends 1-1 like they always do at the Emirates. Don't think Arsenal lose two straight at home...something they haven't done in 10 years.

good luck on your plays.