Betamanlet
    Betamanlet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Thoughts on PORTUGAL vs WALES??

Wouldn't surprise me if Wales won this, portugual have been uninspiring.
    What do you guys think?

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I personally love Wales +0.5 (1.75)
    Almost wanna go big

daschnauzer
    daschnauzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I took total over 2 at 2.09, thought it was a good bet. The line has since moved down.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The welsh or nothing, cant put money on Ronnie.

daschnauzer
    daschnauzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I sort of like Wales 0 and +0.5 at 2.12, but Wales has a key player suspended and Portugal is getting Guerreiro and Gomes back and I'm not sure how to weigh that in.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

No Aaron Ramsey who was huge in their win against Belgium. Gunter also out.

Portugal seems like they have this Greece 04 style(as long as we win, we don't care if we look ugly) in them. I think they will continue to play as the underdogs and thus leaving little space for Wales counter attack.

Like Iceland, spirit and heart can only bring a limited team(without 1 of its key player now) so far. Portugal to qualify.

gobel2016
    i need monyy
    gobel2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

what you think about a 2-2 or 1-2 final score?

ufcfan2016
    ufcfan2016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

No Arron rAmSeY.......Portgual draw lose half bet For me
    AL

Salmonman
    Salmonman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1626

Portugal win, because Ramsey who is as important as Bale is suspended and although Portugal haven't won a game yet, they have missed several good chances and have been quite unlucky, there counter attacks won't be any where near as good or frequent without Ramsey.

lonnloe
    lonnloe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1434

My thoughts exactly

Thryleon
    Thryleon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Sorry Vassili07. Greeks had a completely different style in 2004. Portugal tries to play football but they fail. Greeks did not have Ronaldos, Nanis, Quaresmas or any other top class players than their defenders. So they used the only system they could. Guerilla warfare. Absorb pressure and hit like a cobra. Greeks went to overtime only once against the Czecs and never to a penalty shoot out. 2-1 over Portugal, 1-1 with Spain, lost 2-1 from Russia, won 1-0 over France, 1-0 over the Czecs and 1-0 over Portugal again. Five out of six matches within the 90 minutes regular period. They cannot compare to Portugal. They were far better.

Thryleon

Johny Williams will return to his natural position. He is more cunning than Ramsey will not having his pass range. For me this match will require an overall more cunning approach so I guess it will make no difference. Of more consern should be the absence of Ben Davies. James Collins is the obviuous choice but I feel he is too slow. Maybe a better option would be to pull Gunter on the inside and replace his slot with Richards. Wales does have options to counter the lack of Aaron Ramsey.

gobel2016
    i need monyy

Dudes theres any chance for Portugal to win this? i have a ticket and my last match is on portugal to qualify 315GBP or i can take 180.72GBP right now.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by gobel2016 View Post
    Dudes theres any chance for Portugal to win this? i have a ticket and my last match is on portugal to qualify 315GBP or i can take 180.72GBP right now.
    I'm on Portugal to qualify but the smarter choice would be just to take the money now. No worries about that.

gobel2016
    i need monyy

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    I'm on Portugal to qualify but the smarter choice would be just to take the money now. No worries about that.
    TY for your advice man,this euro destroyed my budget any way .

Thryleon

If your ticket is for qualification at regulation (90 minutes) I would suggest that you cash it out. If it is in general (no prerequisites) then you should keep it. Portugal may very well win this on a penalty shoot out. But I bet on a draw at regulation.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

omedo
    omedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4192

Quote Originally Posted by daschnauzer View Post
    I sort of like Wales 0 and +0.5 at 2.12, but Wales has a key player suspended and Portugal is getting Guerreiro and Gomes back and I'm not sure how to weigh that in.
    André Gomes is a no decision, probably better without him.

Guerreiro is in another level, he's a plus plus to the defense. He is 100 times better than Eliseu.
    And he's very fast, very good canceling the best strenght Walles have, that is velocity.

My big doubt in this game is Pepe. He's a big diference how the game will be played, and how could end.

With Pepe with no restritions, Walles will have a thought time to score and with the Portugal mentality it could go easy 1-0 for Portugal.
    Without Pepe and the Walles velocity, i think that Walles even stand a chance to win in the 90mins.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Belgium were piss poor lets be honest...and N. Ire were hardly anything to write home about. Portugal managed to overcome 2 solid sides with some luck of course but in the group stage they were dominant without the fruit of that labour...Wales is the hype team...we all ask ourselves can they do it...we all want them to! But alas, they will rely on the break and hit Portugal on the flanks...What R Kanu has done is nothing short of spectacular but it ends much like Iceland a couple days earlier

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by Thryleon View Post
    Sorry Vassili07. Greeks had a completely different style in 2004. Portugal tries to play football but they fail. Greeks did not have Ronaldos, Nanis, Quaresmas or any other top class players than their defenders. So they used the only system they could. Guerilla warfare. Absorb pressure and hit like a cobra. Greeks went to overtime only once against the Czecs and never to a penalty shoot out. 2-1 over Portugal, 1-1 with Spain, lost 2-1 from Russia, won 1-0 over France, 1-0 over the Czecs and 1-0 over Portugal again. Five out of six matches within the 90 minutes regular period. They cannot compare to Portugal. They were far better.
    Nani and Queresma aren't that much class...

Nani was horrible in Man U, given away on loan, sold for half his release clause to Fenerbahce and just recently sold to Valencia .... He's a decent player but not a great player by any means ....

Quaresma is a head case, hence why he's been left off various Euro and WC teams for Portugal. His best soccer has been in Porto for a Portugal league that is not one of the tops leagues in England. He's so great he doesn't even start for the Portuguese National Team ....

I think too many people give way to much credit to some of the Portuguese players ...

We do have some up and coming players ... but we're not that loaded ....

Thryleon

When Greece won in 2004 did you even know their names? Let me remind them to you:

Nikopolidis, Seitaridis, Kapsis, Dellas, Fissas, Zagorakis, Tsartas, Giannakopoulos, Charisteas, Vryzas, Katsouranis, Bassinas, Venetidis, Dabizas, Papadopoulos...

Did you even know ONE of these names? I doubt it.
    Do you see anyone with a name even close to what Nani, Quaresma, Ronaldo have now? I doubt it.
    Do you see even one name valued at 35.000.000 Euros like Sanchez?

Yet, that team of completely unknown players managed to keep 3 consecutive clean sheets. They also scored within the 90 minutes of regulation with the exception of the game against the Czechs. And they did not need any penalty shoot outs to advance. The point is that they had nothing at all to hold on to as a background. So they did what they could and they managed to win. They did not play great football. But noone was expecting them to.

Portugal has many "great" names. For you they may be overrated. Agreed. But the expectations were for them to play some good football. And they have not.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congratulations you found Google. Let me show you what I found
    I quite disagee.

Poland has played much better football and Levandowsky hasn't spoken yet.
    Portugal passed on draws and goal differentials. Croatia is far deadlier and more composed.
    Belgium - Hungary and Italy - Spain is a matter of goalkeepers. Courtois has saved Belgium repeatedly. He is in good form. Buffon is Buffon. De Gea is obviously affected by the rumours against him. If I bet on something is that both matches will go to penalty shoot outs.
    N. Ireland is good but they do not have anyone even near Bale's or Ramsey's class.
    I actually think that none of the +money will advance.
    For someone to boast about knowing a great deal you obviously dont know shit you can even spell Lewandowski correct...As for your prediction of no +$ team advancing there were 3 but you know that already ....

Well Grivas it seems that you were right about 3 +money teams advancing only it was 3 other teams. Iceland, Italy and Portugal. You were correct only on Italy. Now my call for the next phase:

Poland - Portugal. Portugal on penalty shoot out or on a score at overtime.
    Belgium - Wales. Belgium eyes closed.
    Italy - Germany. This is the toughest one. Italy is good but Germany has yet to concede a goal. And they have been playing better lately.
    France - Iceland. Iceland. YES ICELAND! They are cynical and VERY VERY EFFECTIVE. 2 goals for every 5 chances they get.

Belgium will reach the final. I have no doubt on this. They will face the winner of Italy - Germany. And then either of these 2 will win the cup.
    Surprised you took Portugal, eyes closed or open mouth, what no balls to pick Germany/Italy you must be British we snatched em' all when we took our country. Iceland I bet that was a real your only logic behind that was 2 goals for every 5 chances and they are..cynical?!? WTF do yourself a favor and Google cynical. Do us all a favor and go bother Twitter tipsters there's 100 at least that pop up a day and they will be more than happy agree with everything you say and then you can feel like you once again know everything and then they'll ask for $100 for "VIP Tips" and you will gladly hand it over because he agrees with you. Enjoy the scam.

Thryleon

A) I am not English.
    B) I do not care about spelling Levantofski - Levandofsky - Lewantofksi - Lewandofski - Lewandowski right. I am not from Poland either.
    C) 2 out of 5 chances is cynical. Or if you prefer, extremely effective. The term is irrelevant.
    D) You should od us a favor and dissapear.

I write what I think. If you disagree it's all the same to me.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

cyn·i·cal
    ˈsinək(ə)l/
    adjective
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]adjective: cynical[/COLOR]

believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"her cynical attitude"[/COLOR]

• doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile.
        [COLOR=#878787 !important]"most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city"[/COLOR]
        synonyms: skeptical, doubtful, distrustful, suspicious, disbelieving; More

antonyms: idealistic

• contemptuous; mocking.
        [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he gave a cynical laugh"[/COLOR]

concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a cynical manipulation of public opinion"[/COLOR]

Thryleon

"Cultures, as well as organization members, can be classified as cynical. They operate only "for the bottom line", they scoff at change efforts and management fads, they tolerate shoddy products and services (Mirvis and Kanter, 1989, p. 382)."

In this case the bottom line is scoring goals.