Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Smogs Tuesday Picks

Got a couple of picks from all over the UK tonight and i will start in the Black Country with:

Liverpool -0.75 @ 1.875 - Bet365

At this stage of the season i am looking for a couple of things when i see established Premier League teams face up to promoted or poor teams. The main thing is form during the winter period, and this is exactly what i expected to happen to Wolves. Their form reads 2-0-4, 3:10 F/A L-L-L-W-L-W. Those wins were against Bolton and not so shockingly, Spurs away.
    They have just 3 goals in their last 6 though, all 3 in the wins and they have found it hard to score recently as they have been playing the leagues better teams.
    Liverpool are one of those and despite all the injuries, they have managed to win 4 of the last 6 conceding just 4 goals.
    I would be shocked....and horrified if Wolves score tonight and i expect a 2-0 scoreline, as Liverpool have proven very resilient during the winter period.

Wolves home form will not worry anybody and with just 9 home goals, it adds to my prediction that they will not score tonight

ZXCVBNM
    Crew/Fire over 2.5
    ZXCVBNM's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks good, I see this as a 1-0/2-0 too

tonyno
    tonyno's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Liverpool pick for the win but I see it going over 2.5.

Smogs

Ipswich/West brom OVER 2.75 @ 1.975 - Bet365

Would rather have had over 2.5 at 4/5 earlier in the day but was at work so missed the price. However, i still think this has a good shot of fully covering and having at least 4 goals in the game.
    Head to head couldn't really be used but the form of both teams makes me confident as both have seen more than their fair share of high scoring games recently.

Ipswich have had 5 overs in their last 6, WBA have had 4 and both come off higher scoring games.
    Ipswich have scored 10 home goals in their last 6 and this goes nicely with WBA scoring 13 away goals in their last 6.
    We are not yet at that stage where the motivation of one team dips and i think both teams will go for the win and create plenty of chances.

Both teams have seen plenty of first half goals this season, with 60 coming in the 50 games between them so far and if we get a goal in the 1st 45' at least, i am confident there will be more in the 2nd

Smogs

Two potential draws i cannot ignore - half a unit apiece

Hartlepool vs Gillingham @ 13/5 - Bet365

This bet may be a waste, as Gillingham are betting suicide on the road, with a 0-2-11 away record and just 10 goals and 30 allowed. However, i know Hartlepool, i live close when i'm back from Uni and i know that they themselves are betting suicide.
    They have also hit a bad patch, losing 5-0 at home to MK Dons and following that up with 2 away losses. They have 1 goal in their last 3 and even when i look back at their home results this season: 1-0 at home to L Orient, 2-1 vs Oldham, Only Millwall 3-0 was convincing but they have just 5 wins from 13 at home, scored just 14 and have just 5 goals in their last 6.
    I haven't yet spoken about Gillingham, whose defense is very good at home and shocking away, but this is an obvious home bet for the accumulator and far too risky. That is why half a unit is on draw - pure value play and worth no more than a half Unit

Barnet Vs Torquay Draw @ 11/5

This one is purely about how both teams are doing terrible at the moment.
    Where do i start?? Barnet have lost 5 of their last 6, Torquay their last 4.
    Go back even further and Barnet have not won in 11 and Torquay have just 4 wins in their last 20 games.
    Interestingly Barnet have drawn 4 of their last 6 at home and Torquay have drawn 3 of their last 6 away.
    Neither team has scored many goals of late, adding to their downturns in form. Barnet have 5 goals in their last 10 games while Torquay have at least been scoring, but not in their last 4, where they have scored just 3 and had 2 shut outs.

Another value pick and another half unit - not the balls to put full units on draws just yet, need another +10 units as security

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Love that W. Brom over, i think we see at least 4 goals. Lets cash it.

Smogs

Bet Of The Night - but still only a unit

Northampton to beat Darlington @ 1.975 - Bet365

This is my favourite bet of the night for a couple of reasons.
    Northampton have have kept 5 successive clean sheets and now go away to Darlington who have just 4 home goals this season. They have lost 7 of 10 home games and face the Cobblers who are unbeaten in their last 7 and are still close enough to the playoffs to keep up the good performances. The 0-0 draw at the weekend will make them more determined to win this as they had the chances to comfortably win that game also and come into this off the back of 4 unbeaten away games.
    They have kept clean sheets against Bournemouth and Dag & Red along the way and are nearly at a club record for consecutive clean sheets.
    Darlo are poor defensively and i know from local guys around Darlo that Steve Staunton - the boss, knows they have a total lack of quality.
    I think Darlo's misery will be compounded here and a 2-0 away victory awaits.

Smogs

I will have at least one more pick before K.O but i am due a losing night after a 10-1-2 run that started last week.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Like Liverpool, may have to go look at the northhampton game now.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

maybe ill play northhampton cuz i used to live there haha

tonyno

I might sprinkle some on Westham to beat Portsmouth. Any opinions?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Smogs! Gonna be a lot of angry people if Liverpool lays an egg today. Seems like the whole soccer forum is on them.

zedaci63
    zedaci63's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting

Smogs

I'm a sucker for the public bet and here it is......

Bolton @ 4/5 at home to Burnley

Seen the lineups and i just think Bolton warrant the bet tonight. It will not be easy but i am using the theory that the whole point Coyle moved clubs was to show that his new team were better than his last. What does it say for his career choice if Bolton don't win here?? That he shouldn't have left.

Not the best of prices for a sh*t team but Burnley's poor record away did it for me

GARETH BALE BET!!!!!!!!!!!**************

Lol, crazy sub-title but we all know that post i had against Liverpool. Bale played and they did not win....again.

I will take some insurance this time and only stake half a unit on it

FULHAM +1 @ 1.71

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm going with three favs today,
    bol,liver,spurs

GL

Smogs

Final addition because i've gone crazy and staked far too many units - Barnet/Torquay Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5 - Bet365

* half Unit bringing the total to 6 Units risked

Odds i go 2-6 are -150

Odds i make profit are +500

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Good luck Smogs! Gonna be a lot of angry people if Liverpool lays an egg today. Seems like the whole soccer forum is on them.
    The bookies will make a killing off all these public bets - dam why am i so negative

Smogs

If everything stays the same i lose 1.4 units - i'll take it!!!!!!! no more goals please

Not a good night

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Better luck tomorrow smogs!

Smogs

Wow, i had a 5-3 night, late goals saved me and i ended up going 5-3 +2.2 units

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice work. Had a feeling that Liverpool one was the jinx pick today and it was.

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Nice work. Had a feeling that Liverpool one was the jinx pick today and it was.
    Thanks to the 2 draws i got right - that alone was 2.2 units up, they saved me

tonyno

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    Thanks to the 2 draws i got right - that alone was 2.2 units up, they saved me

Nice calls on the draws...good night for you

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

good job

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Gratz on a good day
    finally got my posting record back to +, lol

--