bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Beckham collection

Heres a taste of what the people living in the U.S. will see this year.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll believe it when I see it. Beckham in MLS. That's so far below what he's used to in the Spanish league, it's not even funny. He's having one of his best years at Real Madrid and just returned to the English national team. Some big changes after he signed that contract (when he thought playing for England was history).
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-07-07 at 03:54 AM.

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only reason that Beckham is going to play in MLS is because his wife wears the trousers.You can work the rest out.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Becks could exercise escape clause
    Associated Press, Updated 4 hours ago

MADRID, Spain (AP) - David Beckham will move to Los Angeles Galaxy next month despite any attempt by Real Madrid to keep him, his agent said Sunday.

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon was quoted in Spanish media reports as saying that he would try to persuade the England star to stay and would use an escape clause in the contract Beckham signed with Los Angeles Galaxy to withdraw from the deal.

"We have to sit down with him, his representatives and with (Madrid sport director Predrag) Mijatovic, take a look at that clause and decide among us," said Calderon, who was speaking at the French Open final in Paris.

"But for me, I would love it if he stayed at our club."

There is no evidence that such an escape clause exists, however, and Beckham's agent Simon Oliveira said the star, who has just returned to the England lineup for his 96th appearance, was going ahead with his move to Major League Soccer.

"There is no intention of getting out of the Galaxy deal or reneging on the Galaxy deal," Oliveira said.

"David is looking forward to going to the States. But he wants to end his career at Real Madrid on a high note first, by winning La Liga."

Beckham's contract with Real Madrid ends on June 30 and he is set to move to MLS around mid July.

Beckham could win his first major trophy with Madrid if the team beats Mallorca at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium next weekend in the last round.

Madrid rallied to draw 2-2 at Zaragoza on Saturday, with Beckham starting for Madrid despite not being 100 percent after spraining his ankle while playing for England against Estonia in a European Championship qualifier Wednesday. England won that match 3-0 with Beckham setting up two goals.

Barcelona and Madrid both have 73 points, though Madrid wins the title on head-to-head results should they remain tied in the standings. Sevilla has 71 points.