MLS Cup playoffs: New York Red Bulls - DC United

New York were the best regular season team in the MLS, clinching the Supporters Shield with a final day regular season win at Chicago Fire. my notes for which are reproduced at the foot of this email and they also include a few remarks on DCU who had played Fire the week before. They won the first leg 1-0 and will progress tonight with a draw of course, by the way, the away goal rule applies to all play off games (but not after extra time), but I do not see this playing out that closely and I expect a relatively easy win for the home team. United will have to gamble for the win and take chances and that will allow space for Red Bulls to exploit and I can see a scenario where DCU let this slide if and when they fall behind tonight. NYRB have won the last five h2h meetings in the Big Apple, the last four without conceding , including two this year (2-0/3-0) and at a time when DCU were in much better form, United having ended the season, that win over Fire aside, meekly. These two ended the regular season separated by 9 points across 34 games, but there was a 19 point swing over the second half of the campaign ( 17 games) and NY have been the better side by far for four months.

New York Red Bulls -1.25 goals 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket.