johnny8eyes
    johnny8eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ireland to beat Poland 4.00

Ireland need to win to get automatic qualification while a draw or loss still gives them a qualifier. While Poland are good at home and have the best striker in the world I still feel the price is too high on Ireland as they will just go for it as they have nothing to lose and coming off beating Germany they will be high in confidence.

Jason87
    Jason87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1535

Well, this game is really interesting one I have to admit. Im from Poland, so I wont bet anything as I hate to bet games of my own teams. This is a game between best offensive team in this qualification - Poland with 31 goals (15 of them vs Gibraltar though..) and best defensive team - Ireland with only 5 goals lost. Win or 0:0 / 1:1 draw makes Poland 2nd, Ireland win or 2:2/3:3 etc makes Ireland 2nd.

To be honest - I have no idea how Polish players will play under some kind of pressure - that late goal vs Scotland was so important for us though - we are sure to be 3rd in table, just like Ireland now. I cant see us losing today - Ireland is fine and play really well lately, are experienced team with many old players that have last chance to do anything with their national team - but lets be realistic - Ireland has not won away game vs any good team since 1987 or something like that.

Fact is that Poland lost Milik on thursday due to injury, and he was so important player for our team. He has 6 assists this qualification, more than any other player in Europe, and he makes space for Lewandowski. Dont have any other player to replace him who would make any difference. Truth is Poland doesnt lose many games at home, especially on that stadium with 55k fans.

just my background for your bet.
    Points Awarded:

chuda gave Jason87 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

polskboy gave Jason87 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Did you actually watch Germany @Ireland ? That was some lucky win, with Germany playing like crap and still completely dominating the game. What are the chances of that happening twice ? Plus, Poland will be fine with a 0-0/1-1 draw and I do not see how Ireland can score more than one goal, given the poor quality of their strikers.

A likely scenario will be a scoreless 1st half with both teams playing cagey ball, and then Ireland tries to go forward with numbers in the 2H, the game opens up and Poland scores a couple to seal the deal. That is unless Lewandowski scores in the 1H just b/c he can take on the entire Irish team by himself.

Blancone
    Blancone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I think the best bet for this match is 1X, because I really can't see Poland losing at home, in front of their fans, a place where they played pretty awesome during this qualifiers. Ireland is a decent team, but like the above user said, they weren't as great as some people might think against Germany, and they've also struggled against Georgia, a team that should be beneath their level

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I doubt Ireland can beat another strong team again, prefer Ireland +0.5 instead. A 1-1 draw.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Lewandowski best in the world....