slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

FA Cup - Aston Villa fan 'put house and life savings' on his team winning the final

An Aston Villa supporter 'lost his house and life savings' after betting on Tim Sherwood's side to beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley.

Goals from Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez, Per Mertesacker and substitute Olivier Giroud made sure of Arsenal's second consecutive FA Cup at a packed Wembley Stadium.
    Sherwood's side were taught a lesson by Arsene Wenger's dominant attacking side and as it became increasingly evident that Villa's chances of getting back into the game were low.
    But more than the usual sympathy towards the losing fans, one individual in particular has now received plenty more after a remarkable bet was reported.
    Tim Sherwood promises Villa clear-out after final humiliation
    According to journalist David Blackmore, one Villa supporter on the London Underground told him he was told by a psychic to bet his life savings and house on the Villains coming out as winners in the showpiece final.

"Just met an Aston Villa fan on the Tube. He was told by a psychic to put his home and life savings on his team winning," Blackmore said.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...1355--sow.html
    Last edited by slayer14; 06-01-15 at 05:40 AM.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

a guy he doesnt know on the train casually told him he bet all his money on villa to win the final? i doubt this story is actually true but if it is then the guy deserves to lose his money n house. psychic r bullshit.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

You should see this thread popping in the USA if Lebron James fails to deliver with the Cavs. BUt he's the best player in the NBA how could I LOSE?!

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

And they got shit kicked, 3-0 not even close. But probably BS.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

a homeless man told the browns owner to draft johnny manziel....can't get them all right

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    a homeless man told the browns owner to draft johnny manziel....can't get them all right
    ahaha, they were probably a heavy dog too i'm assuming...If I'm going all in with my house, but I'm sorry it's going to be some heavy chalk...

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

If you have an IQ low enough to go all in on anything let alone with a side that wasn't far off getting relegated I find it hard to believe he could tie his own shoes let alone own a house and have life savings so I'm fairrrrrly confident this journalist is trying to get his name out there with a rather tall story.

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    And they got shit kicked, 3-0 not even close. But probably BS.
    4-0 actually but it is still time to jump off the top of Big Ben.

Gambling is bad

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

How much could a Villa fan have had to bet on the game to begin with? £20? £50?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    How much could a Villa fan have had to bet on the game to begin with? £20? £50?
    could not have been much as there was no major move in aston villa way